The reason I buy in Resort Communities, such as El Gouna, Sahl Hasheesh etc.

crombiestone

crombiestone

EL Gouna Security

I though you guys might be interested in the following incident which was posted on the El Gouna Yahoo Forum. Now that is security ,another Plus and very reassuring for us El Gouna owners:D

Hi all,

I have made an experience which I would like to share with you. Maybe
you need the information one day. A couple of days ago my mountain bike
got somehow 'lost' in front of my house. I never lock my bike, although
it was pretty expensive (I know this is a mistake but up till now
nothing got 'lost' so far). Since I couldn't find it by myself I called
Mayor Ahmed from Security Service, who has the reputation of finding
lost things really fast by using his own men and methods. He
immediately sprang into action and made numerous phone calls getting a
lot of people involved and stirring up a lot of people. Obviously he is
the guy who controls all the security men (and their new cars) because
he got immediate response and though I don't understand Arabic I can
clearly understand an order when its given. And he gave a lot of
them....

He went to the place where the bike was and promised me to bring it
back soon. In the evening - while I was scanning Ebay to look for a new
bike - the security came and presented me my bike! I was stunned!
Obviously Mayor Ahmed and his men have methods of looking into corners
we will never find and put pressure into the right spots. I don't know
how they did it but I know for sure that without them I wouldn't have
got it back.

So if you ever have a security problem or you are missing something -
just go to the security office and ask for Mayor Ahmed. He is a very
capable and friendly guy and he es doing a perfect job! He knows his
way around here in El Gouna and he takes his job very serious.

End Quote

wemyss1960

wemyss1960

Hi Crombiestone,

El Gouna sounds and looks great. Hope Sahl Hasheesh will be the same.

regards

Stuart

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I though you guys might be interested in the following incident which was posted on the El Gouna Yahoo Forum. Now that is security ,another Plus and very reassuring for us El Gouna owners:D

Hi all,

I have made an experience which I would like to share with you. Maybe
you need the information one day. A couple of days ago my mountain bike
got somehow 'lost' in front of my house. I never lock my bike, although
it was pretty expensive (I know this is a mistake but up till now
nothing got 'lost' so far). Since I couldn't find it by myself I called
Mayor Ahmed from Security Service, who has the reputation of finding
lost things really fast by using his own men and methods. He
immediately sprang into action and made numerous phone calls getting a
lot of people involved and stirring up a lot of people. Obviously he is
the guy who controls all the security men (and their new cars) because
he got immediate response and though I don't understand Arabic I can
clearly understand an order when its given. And he gave a lot of
them....

He went to the place where the bike was and promised me to bring it
back soon. In the evening - while I was scanning Ebay to look for a new
bike - the security came and presented me my bike! I was stunned!
Obviously Mayor Ahmed and his men have methods of looking into corners
we will never find and put pressure into the right spots. I don't know
how they did it but I know for sure that without them I wouldn't have
got it back.

So if you ever have a security problem or you are missing something -
just go to the security office and ask for Mayor Ahmed. He is a very
capable and friendly guy and he es doing a perfect job! He knows his
way around here in El Gouna and he takes his job very serious.

End Quote
All our best Greetings To El Gouna Mayor who keep it safe all the time wish all plcaes will be same

G

Gawoli

Hi everyone,

To those not sure of whether to pay extra and buy in a resort community such as El Gouna, Sahl Hasheesh, Gamsha Bay etc etc, just thought I'd mention some reasons why I'm so glad I did! Obviously you will pay more for the privilege but if you can afford it I feel its worth it!

My comments refer to El Gouna - I realise other resort communities may run slightly differently - but these may be some things to bear in mind when purchasing:

1. LOVE IT WHEN WE HAVE JOBS TO BE DONE!! ..... and so on
Hi,

Every point you mentioned, we can confirm- El Gouna is a dream, we are goonies since 8 years now and visit it circa every 8 weeks.

In the meantime they did a lot for better streets- they only forget to take into consideration, that woman (and men too) love high heels, sometimes I go crazy with their high border stone or their pavements...

Nevertheless now we will invest in Sahl Hasheesh too, I think 3 years later it will be a dream too, especially for golfers and don't forget the rising value from the investment per year if you invest now I expect minimum 30% per year.

Gawoli

J

Jeremy Sturgess

I think its hard to compare Gouna and Sahl. Gouna has nothing to prove as Crombiestone says. Those of us who are owners there are obviously biased but I really think the place is great. Some people say it is quiet which it sometimes is but its not far to Hurghada if you want loud and Ive certainly been to some of the best private villa parties ive ever attended anywhere in Gouna. As for Sahl who can say what it will be like in a few years time. Hopefully lovely but it will have a different feel to Gouna as there are so many differnet schemes going up by so many different developers. Who is going to make sure it all comes together and standards are maintained. Developments like Sahl and Gamsha are a minimum 10 year play and there are many things that can happen in 10 years. This is why Sahl is less expensive than Gouna (Gamsha who knows ?)and rightfully so because there is greater risk. With Gouna you can see what you are getting as there is so much completed development and there are virtually no risks in dealing with a company like Orascom.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi,

Every point you mentioned, we can confirm- El Gouna is a dream, we are goonies since 8 years now and visit it circa every 8 weeks.

In the meantime they did a lot for better streets- they only forget to take into consideration, that woman (and men too) love high heels, sometimes I go crazy with their high border stone or their pavements...

Nevertheless now we will invest in Sahl Hasheesh too, I think 3 years later it will be a dream too, especially for golfers and don't forget the rising value from the investment per year if you invest now I expect minimum 30% per year.

Gawoli
In El Gouna you will buy foReal High prices but in Sahl for example if you buy ana apartment for 60K it will be after 3 yeasr may be 150k at least in El gouna prices will not go up so far any more as its already so up, so difference is your return on investment in El Gouna is much less than Sahl and you need lot lot lot of money to be able to have something inside El gouna, plus sahl still pure and realy version area

J

Jeremy Sturgess

In El Gouna you will buy foReal High prices but in Sahl for example if you buy ana apartment for 60K it will be after 3 yeasr may be 150k at least in El gouna prices will not go up so far any more as its already so up, so difference is your return on investment in El Gouna is much less than Sahl and you need lot lot lot of money to be able to have something inside El gouna, plus sahl still pure and realy version area
You may be right but all the people I know who have ever made real money in property (many by accident and fewer by design) always ended up deciding it was better to stretch themselves to buy the best location (location location ) they could afford. Knightsbridge has always been more expensive than Fulham and in a rising market the prime locations rise faster and higher. In a falling market they fall more slowly and there is better liquidity as more people want to actually live there and the rich feel the pinch much less in a downturn.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
You may be right but all the people I know who have ever made real money in property (many by accident and fewer by design) always ended up deciding it was better to stretch themselves to buy the best location (location location ) they could afford. Knightsbridge has always been more expensive than Fulham and in a rising market the prime locations rise faster and higher. In a falling market they fall more slowly and there is better liquidity as more people want to actually live there and the rich feel the pinch much less in a downturn.
100% true and this 100% apply to Sahl Hasheesh As Well

T

ThomasCurtains

I have been visiting the Red Sea for about 2 yrs now and have finally decided to put my money where my mouth is and invest in something. This forum has helped immensely. Having visited most of the developments around Hurghada I have identified 3 locations that might suit me - Soma Bay, Sahl and Gouna. Each offers something different I have to say and even though I know I'll pay more of a premium to buy I don't mind. I know its like flicking a coin but if anyone can advise a bit more about the whys and wherefores of each it would help to make a final decision. Thanks

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I have been visiting the Red Sea for about 2 yrs now and have finally decided to put my money where my mouth is and invest in something. This forum has helped immensely. Having visited most of the developments around Hurghada I have identified 3 locations that might suit me - Soma Bay, Sahl and Gouna. Each offers something different I have to say and even though I know I'll pay more of a premium to buy I don't mind. I know its like flicking a coin but if anyone can advise a bit more about the whys and wherefores of each it would help to make a final decision. Thanks
Dear Thomas,
Welcome on Board for my opinion Sahl Hasheesh is a much better choice at the moment, as the prices @ Sahl hasheesh is not so high like El gouna and offer you same chances like El gouna and even better.as I said before the price of a project like palm Beach piazza and pcean Breeze will be at least doubled in the next 2 years which will not happened in El Gouna, plus the Mother nature in this area still version and in El Gouna its now corrupted with tooo much building and price will not be doubled so If i were you i will go for sahl hasheesh with no doubts.
Regards
George

crombiestone

crombiestone

Hi Thomas

I suppose the question to ask is are you buying purely for investment or for your own use ?

If purely for investment, Sahl may be the best bet as the property is cheaper and the scale of the finished development will be larger .The payoff here is that Sahl will be a big building site for a considerable time and at the moment there is very little in the way of completed development . I would also be a little concerned that the individual plots in Sahl are being developed independently and could end up a hotchpotch of styles that dont look so good together and they are more higrise than El Gouna.There is also some risk that some plots may be left unfinished if a developer has financial difficulties.

I dont know a lot about Soma but it seems quite a small development .

El Gouna may not be the best in terms of investment growth but it certainly is the most established ,with a growing tourist image ,a large number of return visitors and the widest range of activities in the Red Sea area .There are still building sites but these are mostly on the periphery . As the whole resort is developed by one company it is carefully planned to give a cohesive look with restrictions on external appearance ,building heights and overall spacing of developments . Orascom also have a proven track record so there is virtually no risk of the development not being completed .

Someone else also mentioned that El Gouna is also very popular with the local wealthy population so there is a market for resale outside of rich Europeans.

El Gouna wins for me ,though I would also buy in Sahl ,I just cant afford it now ;)

T

ThomasCurtains

Thanks George, I tend to agree in terms of the investment although I'm keen for a place to have now and maybe an investment as well. Love the golf in Soma and Gouna, but you pay to be there. You certainly need a bit of vision to try and see how Sahl will be in the next 5 yrs. Wonderful location though.

T

ThomasCurtains

Thanks Crombiestone, being a bit older the thought of a quiet spot in Gouna appeals to me with the ability to get downtown or to the marina to enjoy a beer, and the resale should be there even it is with wealthy Egyptians. Sahl excites and scares me at the same time, but maybe a little apartment wouldn't be so bad as a pure investment, can't imagine living there for years yet though. If only I could bring my dog Benny over, he'd know what to do! TC

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Thanks George, I tend to agree in terms of the investment although I'm keen for a place to have now and maybe an investment as well. Love the golf in Soma and Gouna, but you pay to be there. You certainly need a bit of vision to try and see how Sahl will be in the next 5 yrs. Wonderful location though.
Sahl Hasheesh will be surrounded by golf courses which you can use :)

Last edited by a moderator:
crombiestone

crombiestone

. Sahl excites and scares me at the same
I couldnt have put it better . After buying in El Gouna I heard about Sahl but found it very hard to get any information about properties for sale even though the "old town" seemed fairly well built . When Resort Alliance finally pulled their finger out and updated their website I was very tempted to buy in El Andalous but nervous about how slow things seemed to be progressing .

Looking back I wish I had bought something as the prices have already doubled . Its amazing how many developments there are on sale in Sahl now . I only hope they keep the plans controlled or it will spoil the overall look .

Im not an investor so I'm just happy to have what I bought in El Gouna and I feel lucky to have bought when I did as I wouldnt be able to afford to buy anything there now .

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I couldnt have put it better . After buying in El Gouna I heard about Sahl but found it very hard to get any information about properties for sale even though the "old town" seemed fairly well built . When Resort Alliance finally pulled their finger out and updated their website I was very tempted to buy in El Andalous but nervous about how slow things seemed to be progressing .

Looking back I wish I had bought something as the prices have already doubled . Its amazing how many developments there are on sale in Sahl now . I only hope they keep the plans controlled or it will spoil the overall look .

Im not an investor so I'm just happy to have what I bought in El Gouna and I feel lucky to have bought when I did as I wouldnt be able to afford to buy anything there now .
OHHH I wasn't here then to help and give more information ;)

L

Lila

Values in Sahl and Gouna

I am trying to decide whether to buy on the Red Sea. It seems that there are three options - Sahl, Hurghada and Gouna (and perhaps Gamsha Bay when it comes on line). I have done quite a lot of research and it seems that prices in Gouna are increasing consistently whereas there is no precedent in Sahl just what the agents are saying. I guess it depends on the quality that Sahl will end up being but I would say it is more of a risk than buying in Gouna or Gamsha which are both developed under the control of one company.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I am trying to decide whether to buy on the Red Sea. It seems that there are three options - Sahl, Hurghada and Gouna (and perhaps Gamsha Bay when it comes on line). I have done quite a lot of research and it seems that prices in Gouna are increasing consistently whereas there is no precedent in Sahl just what the agents are saying. I guess it depends on the quality that Sahl will end up being but I would say it is more of a risk than buying in Gouna or Gamsha which are both developed under the control of one company.
Dear Lila
Have you ever been to Sahl Hasheesh? I know El Gouna is Amazing but Sahl is Amazing As well

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lila

Dear Lila
Have you ever been to Sahl Hasheesh? I know El Gouna is Amazing but Sahl is Amazing As well, I have some options in El Gouna for you, and other options in Sahl & Hurghada if you are interested we can help you i can take you in site views for all around if interested just call me on my mobile as based in Egypt, Red Sea (+20121784534) we can do some help for you
Regards
Thanks for your reply, I have visited Sahl Hasheesh and went to the Pyramisa - the rest just seemed to be a building site? But perhaps I went to the wrong bit? I would be interested to come and see what you have there and in Gouna (I think I would rather be in more of a resort - can always visit Hurghada from either). I will get in touch.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Thanks for your reply, I have visited Sahl Hasheesh and went to the Pyramisa - the rest just seemed to be a building site? But perhaps I went to the wrong bit? I would be interested to come and see what you have there and in Gouna (I think I would rather be in more of a resort - can always visit Hurghada from either). I will get in touch.
ok you welcome any time just before it with enough time give me a hint
Regards
George :)