ad

The 'Pulse' Manchester

K

kiwimoa

Hi, has anyone here brought a property at the 'Pulse' in Trafford, Manchester? I have been offered an apartment there, but I know little about the area and the tenants I can expect to rent to. Asking price is 117K GBP, 950 sq/' with a carpark. It looks like quite a large apartment complex and I dont know if this is an ideal first purchase to start off a property portfolio....
Any advice?
Cheers

T

Talmanator

hi there. I have also been offered investment in the Pulse and would be interested to hear other peoples views on the complex and the location.

L

Lysos

Go & check out the area & the project yourselves !. Ask local rental agents for likely demand & rental rates. You haven't been "offered" an investment. It's simply an agent trying to sell you a property !.

K

kiwimoa

Hi Talmanator, I found some info on 'findanewhome'. There are several properties for sale at 'the pulse' on this site and estate agent contacts. I contacted a friend up in Manchester, who said the area was ok and so was the price. But I have also had a message on another forum, stating that there are a lot of vacant properties there as well.... cant hurt to call a few letting agents in the area and get it directly from the horses mouth. I wont be buying there, as I have just brought 2 places in the US...
From the size of this complex, I would imagine a lot of it would be affordable and council housing.
I would have posted a link, but apparently your not allowed to on this forum....

C

Creative Source

Manchester is suffereing from an over supply of apartments. I personally would not invest in them. I would consider a house or flat in a Victorian conversation in Didsbury.

CS

D

Dillinger

Old Trafford is a bit problematic for crime. No idea if Trafford is the same area.

Whenever a supporter from another team parks their car there ... problems. An outsider's car will get the same.

Though I expect that there is a secure parking are there.

P

punitalemon

Re- The Pulse Manchester

Manchester is suffereing from an over supply of apartments.It is true
but from my point of view manchester is good place
where one can start business.