Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters
L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

Serious companies dont tout for business in this manner.

A

arjanmohammd

I like to travel to Morocco, do i need a visa. I have a pakistani passport

P

Propertyzone

Re: Visa

Hi Arjan,

Yes you will need a visa - If you are in the UK contact the Moroccan Embassy at:

EMBASSY OF MOROCCO : London
49, QUEEN'S GATE GARDENS, LONDON SW7 5NE UK
Phone : 00 (44) 207 581 50 01 à 04
Fax : 00 (44) 207 225 38 62

If in Pakistan, this will be the best bet.

EMBASSY OF MOROCCO : ISLAMABAD
H 6, GOMAL ROAD E- 7 ISLAMABAD, PO BOX 1179 ISLAMABAD
Phone : 00 (92) 51 265 47 44 / 45, Fax : 00 (92) 51 265 47 41

Best of luck

Moroccan Property

C

Cazzi B

Guys,

Need your help please.

Have put a deposit down in 2007 on a property in Marrakech, due for completion in June 2010 (have posted concerns on that thread). However, I have not signed a contract yet, and have a few questions that you well informed peeps may be able to help with.

*Can I opt out and get my deposit back with a deposit already paid? (I reckon not but thought I would check)

* Is it worh me not signing and absorbing the loss? I have heard many horror stories so far, and am wondering if it's better just to give it up as a bad job before being tied in.

* How easy is it to sell once bought?

Sorry for all the questions, but like I said, I went in eyes wide shut, and am now getting a little jittery!

Any help/advice/information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Cazzi

C

Cazzi B

Oh! and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread, but could not see anywhere else to ask. :s

M

moroccanhome

Tangier North Morocco

Hi

I am living in tangier and bought in Alkudia Smir.... already got a three year lease from my tangier property , we furnished our place with bespoke Moroccan furniture thats what we do for investors in north morocco ....... Mexican director who works at the free zone walked in and took it on the spot , very happy !!!!
if anyone wants info on anything feel free to ask, got a good network of expats who are established here and take the stress out of moroccan bureaucracy really helps when there is someone on the ground here.
Mark, have a nice one

J

JamesLW

Tangier is by far the most interesting place to invest in Morocco - followed by Casablanca. After the world recession, Tangier is poised to become THE major transshipment port on the left hand side of the Euro/Africa/Asia half of the world distributing to West Africa, the Med, Northern Europe and that island between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans where 14% of the world's population live. When this happens either Tangier (but probably Casa) will follow as the major financial/communicatuns hub for the region.

M

Mistral

Best Place to Invest

The best place to invest in my opinion in Morocco is Essaouira. This Atlantic Coastal Town is rapidly attracting investors especially money from the Middle East. A new development just outside the town is nearing completion Tafedna Bay Resort This development has an International Standard Golf Course. This with the new dual carriage way connecting Essaouira to Marrakech and the upgrade of the airport makes Essaouira a good bet. The town itself retains all its character with an ancient Medina and a working fishing port. New Hotels, restaurants and improved infrastructure will Iam sure lead to Essaouira challenging Agadir in the future as a premier tourist destination

S

striiing

bought a apartment in Bella Vista in the Cabo Negro area through MRI. anyone else done the same? its due for completion in May 2010.

N

Nadiah

bella visat

bought a apartment in Bella Vista in the Cabo Negro area through MRI. anyone else done the same? its due for completion in May 2010.
Yep we did. We have a lot of photos due the building. Our appartmnet will be ready at may 2010

D

DeiseDoll

For me it's Asilah ... although Saidia is starting to look promising :)

Was wondering though, if you can't take/send Moroccan currency out of the country, how does this work if you sell up (apologies if this is a silly question, or already asked) ?

M

markwillenbrock

You can take money out of the country - but you cannot take Dirhams out.

Morocco has currency exchange regulations not that dissimilar to those used by the UK a few years ago.

The Office des Change in Rabat keeps a record of all transfers into the country.

When you sell your property, this information is retrieved to allow you to take the money out of the country. If you have made a profit, you will be taxed on the profit (TPI).

One potential disaster area is people paying in cash, making transfers to third parties accounts (notaires, estate agents, etc) and then being unable to find proof of their transfer.

So, before you buy, open a bank account and transfer the cash to your own account. The write cheques to the notaire, vendor etc.

M

M2Morocco

I personally have invested in Marrakech and recommend that people stick to the established Moroccan cities where there is established demand for rentals and resales.

I think a lot of people got stung buying into Saidia and other new coastal areas a couple of years ago - these kind of places will probably do well in the long term but they will take several years to develop.

Marrakech is the most developed tourist destination in Morocco with the most flights and good demand for holiday lets.

L

loicmaroc13

I've invested in Essaouira and Marrakech.
Saying that a city is better than another is not so really important.
People have to know what they want.
Do you like to go the beach or travelling through the desert or maybe skiing,.... ?

In general, Morocco offers many opportunities.
Morocco is accomodating and everybody will find something they like in this beautiful country.

igbinael

igbinael

Hi

I am living in tangier and bought in Alkudia Smir.... already got a three year lease from my tangier property , we furnished our place with bespoke Moroccan furniture thats what we do for investors in north morocco ....... Mexican director who works at the free zone walked in and took it on the spot , very happy !!!!
if anyone wants info on anything feel free to ask, got a good network of expats who are established here and take the stress out of moroccan bureaucracy really helps when there is someone on the ground here.
Mark, have a nice one
HI Mark, where did you buy in Akludia Smir...i thought the quality of the apts/villas were substandard...i am still waiting for my phase to be completed....thx

S

steph5066

Marrakesh

Was in Marrakesh a few month ago and was surpirse by the prices of real estate not to mention going out.

G

gvogan

Eyeonworldwide

What has happened the website does anyone know? I have lost contact with everyone at Mirador Golf?