The Greens Saidia - Concerns

B

barry.flash

Hi all

I am a new online member. Recently in receipt of a final exchange request from AZD Morocco - including a threat of lost deposit if completion is not accepted during a proposed 3 day snagging visit.

I would like to compare notes with any fellow Saidia purchasers to see what their feelings are.

I have seen posts from Leemar and a couple of others out there - but being such a novice on this forum, I'm not sure how to goaboutcontacting you - and how to verify who is who on this site (I'm sure some people have alterior motives for chatting in these groups - or am I being too cynical?)

Anyone out there who wants to ge in touch?

Pls start with a reply here.

thanks

B (living in England - one apartment under contract in Saidia. Plus I have another friend in the same position)

F

Feebib

The Greens

There's a group of us who have bought at The Greens in touch with each other. If you want to be included just send me your email address.

Feebib

M

Mr Ri

Hi Barry.

There is a reasonably active The Green owners group you would be most welcome to join. If you send me a private message with your email, then I'll be happy to get you on the distribution list.

I haven't received the 'threatening' letter yet, but I know most others have. I think the general conscensus is that AZD need to make some allowances for elements of the contract they are deficient on, and then we can discuss completion timescales.

regards David

J

jim

Hi Mr Ri,

I have purchased on The Greens and would like to be included in your group.

How do I get my e mail address to you it wont let me on this site

Thanks

Jim

B

barry.flash

Thanks to people replying. I will endeavour to get in touch with you over the next couple of days - though I'm still not sure how to do that without requesting your personal email addresses on this site.

I hope in the meantime to talk with Azure Developments in the UK (who originally sold me my apt) so maybe I'll have a clearer picture then.

thanks everyone.

David (Mr Ri) - Thanks for your message too. I've visited your site and will be back to you shortly. You don't appear to have the same misgivings as me? I hope my doubts prove unfounded.

B

L

leemar

I understand that the Greens is due to complete shortly.

If anyone has concerns about the build quality of their property and wants an independent structural and pre-completion survey done by UK qualified Surveyors prior to completion then you can contact moroccanstructuralsurveys dot com (Home Page)

I'm a buyer on Magnum (RT1) which is also due to complete shortly and I got in touch with these Surveyors following my concerns over the build quality of my apartment in RT1. I'm having a full structural and pre-completion survey done on my own apartment later this month.

L

leemar

I would also be grateful if someone on the Greens could confirm the position in respect of VAT.

On RT1 (Magnum),we are currently engaged in a dispute as to whether VAT should be payable at 14% or 20% following a change in the legislation in Morocco. Are you involved in a similar dispute on the Greens ? Are you seeking to resist the payment of what effectively is a 6% increase to the purchase price ? How are your contracts worded in respect of VAT ?

Many thanks

K

Kashmir

Hi all,

I am also buying an appt (first time) on the Greens and like many of you have concerns. Being a novice at this international property game didn't think we could do much about the rise in VAT etc. I was also going to ask someone from the resort morocco management company to deal with the snagging and any other problems for me.

Am I being too naive? Are there any experts who can advise me please?

Kashmir

M

Mr Ri

I would also be grateful if someone on the Greens could confirm the position in respect of VAT.

On RT1 (Magnum),we are currently engaged in a dispute as to whether VAT should be payable at 14% or 20% following a change in the legislation in Morocco. Are you involved in a similar dispute on the Greens ? Are you seeking to resist the payment of what effectively is a 6% increase to the purchase price ? How are your contracts worded in respect of VAT ?

Many thanks
Leemar

My The Greens purchase contract is clear in this respect, and includes a clause for change in law/tax that effects the purchase price. Unlike Magnum, The Greens were never scheduled to be completed before the VAT rise came into effect, which also makes it easier. As a result there's nothing to dispute.

Doesn't make it any the less unpalatable.

L

leemar

Kashmir

I think that there are now a few companies offering buyers "snagging" services at Saidia, however the scope of such services seems very limited and in some cases it is not clear whether those people offering the service actually have any relevant qualifications or even experience in construction to perform the service.

In any event snagging by its nature predominantly deals with cosmetic defects which are apparent to the naked eye and does not extend further to cover an in-depth structural analysis of a property. I think it is a cheaper option, but not that cheap from what I have seen, which offers very little protection to buyers following completion.

Moroccan Structural Surveys provides a snagging service, but this is only ancillary to its core service of structural surveys which is carried out by UK qualified professionals. I am a UK lawyer who acts on behalf of this company.

Mr Ri

In terms of VAT, it seems that the contract on the Greens is quite clear in so far as buyers will have to absorb the increase. It does seem bizarre to me that the legislation changed to increase VAT from 14% to 20% at a time when Morocco is seeking to encourage foreign investment, particularly given the current economic climate. Many buyers are threating to walk away on RT1 if VAT is levied at 20%.

M

Mr Ri

Hi all,

I am also buying an appt (first time) on the Greens and like many of you have concerns. Being a novice at this international property game didn't think we could do much about the rise in VAT etc. I was also going to ask someone from the resort morocco management company to deal with the snagging and any other problems for me.

Am I being too naive? Are there any experts who can advise me please?

Kashmir
Kashmir

I suggest you join the Greens Buyers group - send me an introduction to my email address (see earlier post in this thread),and I will get you linked in.

You can then talk with other buyers, compare and decide what you want to do.

I have been advised by my Solicitor that the snagging process is highly important, as effectively once you complete on the property you have no recourse towards the developer or constructor. In these circumstances, having the property professionally snagged and diligently snagging yourself might be preferrable. Resort Morocco are one of a number of companies offering services in this area.

L

leemar

I entirely agree that snagging is imperative but in my opinion this is only as part of a wider structural assessment of a property. I do not consider that the process of snagging alone which is superficial by its nature will provide buyers with sufficient information to determine whether or not their properties are structurally sound and so represent good value for money. I feel that if buyers aren't careful in some instances they could end up severely 'out of pocket' at Saidia because in my experience some of the building examples to date leave a lot to be desired.

In any event, I hope that the general build quality on the Greens is significantly higher than on RT1.

M

Malcdavidson

Things are very serious at Oasis Saidia. There have been too many long delays. We have contracted for a town house and want to get out. The refinancing of the project has now been referred to the Central Bank. There is a serious breach of contract and we need a "class action" approach to get refunded before it is too late.

Last edited:
M

Malcdavidson

I want to start a class action for breach of contract to recover our investment and have found an excellent lawyer in Tangier to do this and agrees to this procedure.
I have just lost a long note about this and am starting again as they thought I gave my e mail, which I didn't!
How do I get a list of names? We need 15 - 20 but less could do. Please reply on this site and help me set this up. It will minimize individual costs.
I live near Tarifa and can commute for meetings. There is no future to this investment unless you are under 40! The latest funding scheme has been referred to the Central Bank for a decision on withholding tax. I see no purpose in hanging about for another 5 years before the licenses are issued.

B

Basilpea

I have purchased in one of the later phases of this development - Radisson resort & Spa villas (VVT6). Completion was originally scheduled for June 2010, but has now been put back to 2011. I am fairly sanguine about this investment at the moment but does anyone think I should be worried yet? The builder is Property Logic.

M

Mr Ri

I want to start a class action for breach of contract to recover our investment and have found an excellent lawyer in Tangier to do this and agrees to this procedure.
I have just lost a long note about this and am starting again as they thought I gave my e mail, which I didn't!
How do I get a list of names? We need 15 - 20 but less could do. Please reply on this site and help me set this up. It will minimize individual costs.
I live near Tarifa and can commute for meetings. There is no future to this investment unless you are under 40! The latest funding scheme has been referred to the Central Bank for a decision on withholding tax. I see no purpose in hanging about for another 5 years before the licenses are issued.
Just a suggestion Malc, but you might be better off creating a new thread with Oasis Saidia in the title, rather than add to this thread on The Greens, Saidia. :top:

T

traceyw8727

Hi Could you clairfy for me the "witholding tax " point you have made. I assume you are referring to the Oasis developments? If so I am aware Legalex are attempting to bring a class action- this has been mentioned on another forum. I'm undecided what to do as I have concerns about enforcing any Judgement. Also in my view the fees quoted for persuing an action are excessive. Do you have setails of cost for your lawyer?

Thanks

M

Malcdavidson

I discussed the cost effectiveness of a 50k investment as personal action with this lawyer in Tangier. That is why he suggested class action to reduce the fees in proportion with the number of clients in the club, or rather class. That is as far as I have got at the moment. However, he has confirmed breach of contract and I want to claim return of deposit and stage payment, plus costs etc., etc.