The Dubai Investment Coalition Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maximusprime

Next meeting will be the second week in Aug. We will decide on a specific day soon.

What do you think about DA's comment that to the developer this deal is no different than a pre launch? What incentive do they have to sell to us for a discount?

M

maximusprime

In my opinion, if two similar groups can join forces, we can all benefit. By all means, lets team up.

D

Dweebo

Hi everyone, this is my first post (but must admit to having been a lurker for awhile ;) ).

I would love to join this bulk-buying consortium. I've been interested in investing in Dubai property since around April this year and spent the last four months researching the market, looking at various projects and developments etc (the scale of which has completely overwhelmed me!)

My preference would be to buy a new development on first sale as opposed to resale due to the greater leverage potential but, like many others I'm sure, the pricing for new developments is spiralling upwards such that its fast becoming out-of-reach for many people (including myself) and it seems as though only bulk-buyers who are 'in the know' or that have good developer relations seem to get the best launch discounts.

This is why I think this Investment Consortium is a great idea - why should we let the big guns get preferential treatment when we can compete with them on their own playing field! Strength is gained in numbers and if we have enough, we too can join the premier league and compete with the biggest and best of them.

So whilst I cant offer a huge amount of advice at this point (being a n00b),I'm hoping to learn from other forumites and hopefully every additional member that joins the collective will give us just that little bit more ammunition in getting bigger and better discounts from the developers. So count me in!

ps. I'm in the UK so would love to meet up with other UK members.

R

Roshan

Dont get me wrong please.
I dont want to run any paralell coalition community on this forum but I am in a process of making a database of buyers for the projects avilable with me.

I want my group to interact with you as a community member so that they can invest in the projects avilable with you and at the same time I can provide investing oppertunity to your community members for the projects avilable with me.

I have small to medium size projects but people who have invested are making good money out of them and ofcourse element of " Trust " will be there for every one because of escrow.

You will be able to invest as an individual or as a community. Choice will be yours. All I will do is provide you the discounted price and a deal directly with the developer with the latest update about the existing projects and new launchs through emails.

Let me know if there is any possibility of such interaction.

Cheers
Escrow
Great idea. It does not matter how many groups. It's the end result which is important.

Regards

Roshan

M

maximusprime

Hi everyone, this is my first post (but must admit to having been a lurker for awhile ;) ).

I would love to join this bulk-buying consortium. I've been interested in investing in Dubai property since around April this year and spent the last four months researching the market, looking at various projects and developments etc (the scale of which has completely overwhelmed me!)

My preference would be to buy a new development on first sale as opposed to resale due to the greater leverage potential but, like many others I'm sure, the pricing for new developments is spiralling upwards such that its fast becoming out-of-reach for many people (including myself) and it seems as though only bulk-buyers who are 'in the know' or that have good developer relations seem to get the best launch discounts.

This is why I think this Investment Consortium is a great idea - why should we let the big guns get preferential treatment when we can compete with them on their own playing field! Strength is gained in numbers and if we have enough, we too can join the premier league and compete with the biggest and best of them.

So whilst I cant offer a huge amount of advice at this point (being a n00b),I'm hoping to learn from other forumites and hopefully every additional member that joins the collective will give us just that little bit more ammunition in getting bigger and better discounts from the developers. So count me in!

Hello and welcome!

I

iced

Count me in

Hi All,

I would also be interested in such a venture and having parallel project is ok by me

B

BDotADot

what a great idea. I would like to be involved. Please contact me via email midhaiebizb at yahoo dot co dot uk

regards

Bali

S

Sally1980

Next meeting will be the second week in Aug. We will decide on a specific day soon.

What do you think about DA's comment that to the developer this deal is no different than a pre launch? What incentive do they have to sell to us for a discount?

Welcome new members,

Look in Dubai nothing is black or white, neither is there a rule of which developer gives discount to whome at what time. It all comes to us joining forces as a group and negotiate with developers. Even if ten investors buy a unit, that is a floor, and floors( being a bulk purchase) always gets discount. The developer normally does'nt care where this money comes from, as long as he gets it at the same time, again this not a rule of thumb, and there could be a developer who does mind a group of individual investors regarding the extra paperwork.

Looking forward to the meeting.

R

Roshan

We had our second meeting and it went off very well. We are now looking at the legal issues so that everyones interest is protected.

Everyone present were quite upbeat about it.

Let's see how things move.

Regards

Roshan

A

AAPROP

Hi Roshan,

How are those overseas interested investors will be kept updated with meeting minutes? As I have mentioned several times, I am interested to join this alliance however, am not sure how can I join in. I see that you are arranging meetings in dubai and if everything works out well then please ensure that I am not missed out.

Thank you.

We had our second meeting and it went off very well. We are now looking at the legal issues so that everyones interest is protected.

Everyone present were quite upbeat about it.

Let's see how things move.

Regards

Roshan

S

suas5

Hi Roshan,

How are those overseas interested investors will be kept updated with meeting minutes? As I have mentioned several times, I am interested to join this alliance however, am not sure how can I join in. I see that you are arranging meetings in dubai and if everything works out well then please ensure that I am not missed out.

Thank you.
hi roshan i have been following the forum since 2 months now ,
suppose if i wanna individually put in eg:- 2,00,000/- dhs as a investment .as i have already invested myself but this coalition sounds better.
will it be too less an amount ?
if not then count me in your database and please inform me about the next meeting,
can i have your contact details as wel ?l
[email protected]
name :- sunil / mobile 050 5455357

S

suas5

Hi Roshan,

Thank you.
suppose if i wanna individually put in eg:- 2,00,000/- dhs as a investment .as i have already invested myself but this coalition sounds better.
if not then count me in your database and please inform me about the next meeting,
[email protected]

R

Roshan

[email protected]
Sunil,

How much is not the criteria. We want all to have a chance to invest. It could be even Dhs 25,000 or Dhs 200,000 or even more.

We have charted out the initials and will now work on the legalities by getting in a lawyer and a banker to ensure that everything is fool proof.

It might take time. But when we do it, we intend to do it right.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

Precisely, strength is gained in numbers. Not all might invest but when you project a big database, you get the developers to look at you.

As time goes, selling is going to be difficult and that's when developers start looking at bulk buyers.

Form a group in the U.K and we could join together to form a bigger group.

Regards

Roshan

S

Savvy

Some Suggestions

Dear All,

I have just gone through the complete thread, and found interesting suggestions from all who contributed. Just wanted to share some thoughts on the proceedings.

a) The person(s) negotiating the final deal with the developer ought to get a commission on the overall deal. I am sure most of us would part ways with 1-2% commission if we are getting a good deal, say 10% below launch price (which is less speculative than market price).

b) We should have an online site with registered investors, who update thier profile/portfolio frequently. So that when an investment comes up the investing group has a fair idea of the buying power with timelines of all members.

c) Each project will have a target price/sq ft say AED1700/sq ft (pre-negotiated) published with the project details along with the payment plan

d) Each member could then bid the value he is willing to invest (plus he/she would need to provide the downpayment cheque in the name of the developer to a designated group member) (we can call this our group escrow, this will ensure that the bidders dont back out once they show thier interest),the bidder should also specify where he/she is cash buyer or finance buyer.

e) For each project we would then be able to determine our overall buying power, We could then incorporate Sally's idea for diff price/sq ft ratio based on studio/1br/2br and higher/lower floor + view can be factored to determine a price for each unit to be procured.

f) Once we negotiate a deal with the developer, the negotiater can fill in the price/per sq ft for the investment, and the calculator based on the floor plan will calculate the individual unit price (acc to floor, view, type).

g) At this point I think all potential buyers would need to meet, (because this process has to be transparent in order to safeguard trust),the negotiater presents the deal to all bidders explaining the pros-cons-risks if any.

h) I am sure if we negotiate a 5%-10% discount from off-plan prices of the developer, not a single buyer will back out, specially if prices are distributed according to higher floors and different views. (formula for which can be determines based on the market rates and thresholds mutually agreed by us)

Phew, those were some of the thoughts I could jot down in this session. Let me know what you guys think, would love to be part of the next meeting.

Thanks & Regards,
Savvy

R

Roshan

Dear All,

I have just gone through the complete thread, and found interesting suggestions from all who contributed. Just wanted to share some thoughts on the proceedings.

a) The person(s) negotiating the final deal with the developer ought to get a commission on the overall deal. I am sure most of us would part ways with 1-2% commission if we are getting a good deal, say 10% below launch price (which is less speculative than market price).

b) We should have an online site with registered investors, who update thier profile/portfolio frequently. So that when an investment comes up the investing group has a fair idea of the buying power with timelines of all members.

c) Each project will have a target price/sq ft say AED1700/sq ft (pre-negotiated) published with the project details along with the payment plan

d) Each member could then bid the value he is willing to invest (plus he/she would need to provide the downpayment cheque in the name of the developer to a designated group member) (we can call this our group escrow, this will ensure that the bidders dont back out once they show thier interest),the bidder should also specify where he/she is cash buyer or finance buyer.

e) For each project we would then be able to determine our overall buying power, We could then incorporate Sally's idea for diff price/sq ft ratio based on studio/1br/2br and higher/lower floor + view can be factored to determine a price for each unit to be procured.

f) Once we negotiate a deal with the developer, the negotiater can fill in the price/per sq ft for the investment, and the calculator based on the floor plan will calculate the individual unit price (acc to floor, view, type).

g) At this point I think all potential buyers would need to meet, (because this process has to be transparent in order to safeguard trust),the negotiater presents the deal to all bidders explaining the pros-cons-risks if any.

h) I am sure if we negotiate a 5%-10% discount from off-plan prices of the developer, not a single buyer will back out, specially if prices are distributed according to higher floors and different views. (formula for which can be determines based on the market rates and thresholds mutually agreed by us)

Phew, those were some of the thoughts I could jot down in this session. Let me know what you guys think, would love to be part of the next meeting.

Thanks & Regards,
Savvy

Savvy,

Very nice points which are actually part of the discussion. Whatever commissions we get from the developer will be distributed amongst the investors who are taking part in the project. However if we get a good price, developer might not agree. But, hey, as they all say " Unity is strength ". More members in, more strength.

We are not in a hurry for sure. When we do it, there should not be any loopholes, Ifs and Buts. Besides investing of this sort requires a lot of sync to go along with.

You have raised some nice points and it will be nice to have you at the next meeting. Can't pm you because you have just joined. Email me on [email protected]

Regards

Roshan

M

mpat

I am sure it will be a good coalition when we start finalising deals.I was glad to see many members to whom I was usually chatting with.

E

euroinvest

The coalition strategy looks like a great plan. I would like to be a part of this.

S

suas5

fine wit me

Sunil,

How much is not the criteria. We want all to have a chance to invest. It could be even Dhs 25,000 or Dhs 200,000 or even more.

We have charted out the initials and will now work on the legalities by getting in a lawyer and a banker to ensure that everything is fool proof.

It might take time. But when we do it, we intend to do it right.

Regards

Roshan
yes roshan ,
i understand the concept ,it will be something like knitsbridge or dynasti zarooni.
i would like to be at the next meeting .

regards
sunil

Status
Not open for further replies.