The Dubai Information Minister.....deja vu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TommyC

It came to my mind the other day after reading article after article in the news about the state of Dubais economy and how the country is affected by the financial crisis that took off in the States. There was something about it that made me feel that I've heard it all before on some occassion, then it struck me; it was at the time the US invaded Iraq and I was sitting at home in my sofa laughing and wondering if it was a joke or not that I heard it. Well, we all know the results, the claims themselves wasn't worth anything more than maybe a shortterm morale booster for the population, but it was just a matter of days before reality caught up. Apparently, according to this website: We Love the Iraqi Information Minister he has been spotted in Abu Dhabi!!!!

And maybe, just maybe, the reason for him being spotted here is because he's been teaching the big bosses at this place how to handle ANY situation, basically making them end up spending time on learning how to cover-up instead of doing the appropiate actions.

A few favorites:

Al Mazaya: Gulf and UAE markets are safe from financial crisis

"Be assured. Baghdad is safe, protected"

'It is important to remember that annual real estate profits in the UAE range between 8 to 14%, as compared to 4% in other markets, meaning that this market will continue to attract investments for many years to come.'

"Today I have visited whole Baghdad city, no invaders found. You go and see how we have ousted them from this city. They are cying outside and waiting to receive bullets. They will be killed shortly."

'Gulf and UAE markets, and especially that of Dubai, have a strong economy, high liquidity flow and remarkable growth rates. These factors protect the economy from succumbing to any international crises, including the recent global financial crisis. UAE has a market that relies on cash where buyers make an installment plan to their properties' value, which means that, unlike US and European markets where buyers must use real estate loans, buyers here don't have to borrow money via that means.'

"We are surrounding them and pounding them. The whole trend has changed and we are going to finalize this very soon.''

"You think their tanks are in an endless line coming towards us, wrong they are only a few of them and they turn around and then return as if to make a long snake"

Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry director general Hamad Buamin admitted that Dubai is not completely immune to the ills that plague the global financial markets, but the local business community has yet to feel the effects of the global slowdown. He noted that Dubai's trade this year alone remains robust, up 40 per cent compared to last year.

"They are nowhere near Baghdad. Their allegations are a cover-up for their failure"

To tired to dig up the best comments about UAE being immune and so on. Feel free to add on!

T

TommyC

Subprime crisis: Saeed, who spearheaded some of the most prestigious developments in Dubai, including Palm Jumeirah, Ibn Batutta Mall and The Gardens, is confident that subprime crisis will have no major impact on Middle East property market.

"NO", snapped Mr al-Sahaf, "We have retaken the airport. There are NO Americans there. I will take you there and show you. IN ONE HOUR!"

T

TommyC

Not trying to offend anyone as I'm sure His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai is a great rider. But in terms of the news reported in this part of the world, the news aren't credible. Which is kind of sad since this basically takes away whatever His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai achieved in this competition due to the usual biased news reporting.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle08.asp?xfile=data/sports/2008/November/sports_November435.xml&section=sports

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.