The Demand Quadruples

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DGM42

Ok......

So can we all agree that:

While it is oficially possible for a non-resident in Brazil to open a bank account, more often than not it proves to be extremely difficult to actually put into practice.

Generally speaking non-residents in Brazil are not able to open bank accounts in Brazil however on exception it is possible.

Does that make everyone happy?

Because I don't think the horse is tired... I have the feeling it's :goodnight:
JMB we all agree that except MJR who says a foreigner can't open a bank account and will not admit he is wrong and there are several examples of foreigners having bank accounts.

JMB is the planning, licenses "straight forward" in Brasil in that you follow a process albeit a difficullt one but straight forward in you do A then B etc.
Planning permission for listed buildings in UK is straight forward but bloody hard to get. You fill the forms in etc follow the procedure but is difficult.
We can debate that forever if you want as well. Symantics :party:

R

RalphJ

JMB we all agree that except MJR who says a foreigner can't open a bank account and will not admit he is wrong and there are several examples of foreigners having bank accounts.

JMB is the planning, licenses "straight forward" in Brasil in that you follow a process albeit a difficullt one but straight forward in you do A then B etc.
Planning permission for listed buildings in UK is straight forward but bloody hard to get. You fill the forms in etc follow the procedure but is difficult.

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said it was NOT policy.

Last edited:
D

DGM42

You've already shown here that you have twisted and torted your words and even gone so far to say that a phrase that you stated means the opposite when referring to Brazil!

And no, I'm not a lawyer, but we had a total of 3 working for us and I still do have 2 and am VERY familiar with the law in this country and what documents foreigners are required to open bank accounts and invest here.

I don't believe what you're saying. Cartorio's here in Brazil do not give someone a declaration of residence stating that a person lives in someone else's house while in brazil. I'm not saying that you don't have the document, I'm saying that it does not say what you've stated it says.

A document as such would carry no weight with anyone here, banks included, and would never be asked to be procured.
But what has all this got to do with the fact that you are wrong.
I have an account it works fine, I have had no problems with it.
The original fact remains before you tried to move the fact away that foreigeners can open accounts, people have said on here they also have accounts, you say they can't - you are wrong plain and simple and cannot admit it.
I agree this is getting boring when someone will not admit there mistakes.

D

DGM42

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said it was NOT policy.

Do you have terets?
post 25 last paragraph - didn't you write that
As you say these are all documented
Do you suffer from INW syndrome - I'm Never Wrong

R

RalphJ

Here is a typical proof of residence document. Note, it states, "reside em imóvel de minha propriedade", tranlsated, "I live in the house/apartment of my property".

It also states, "Por ser verdade, dato e assino o presente documento, declarando estar ciente de que
responderei criminalmente em case de falsidade das informações aqui prestadas."

"To be truthful, date and sign this document, declaring that I'm aware that I could respond criminally in case of fasifying information herein given."

Also, "Observações:
1) Reconhecer firma desta Declaração.
2) Anexar cópia autenticada de documento (Escritura ou similar),comprovando que o
imóvel pertence ao declarante.

translation: Anex an authentic copy of document (deed) proving that this property is of the declaring party.

Attachments

Last edited:
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member

Hi,

I agree Brazilian banks should allow foreigners to open bank accounts, but they don't at the moment unless you can work your way around the system as various examples have shown, Brazil is a developing nation so these things will hopefully come. There are plenty of developed nations that don't allow foreigners to have a bank account, or if they do they are taxed at the maximum rates. Try opening an account in Australia or Japan. Even the UK can be difficult, conversely Spain and Portugal are very easy but it wasn't 20 years ago.

If you really need a bank account without jumping through hoops then try moneycorp. It will cost money to run it, but it beats not having one at all if you are in need.

As for planning permission, yes Brazil is pretty difficult, and people get burnt all the time (on the converse side a lot of people are making good money). I had a long discussion with a fund manager about this recently regarding setting up a very large Brazil fund, he loved the fact that it was difficult, as difficult means less competition and higher profits.

Regards,
Rob.

S

Sao P

Here is a typical proof of residence document. Note, it states, "reside em imóvel de minha propriedade", tranlsated, "I live in the house/apartment of my property".

It also states, "Por ser verdade, dato e assino o presente documento, declarando estar ciente de que
responderei criminalmente em case de falsidade das informações aqui prestadas."

"To be truthful, date and sign this document, declaring that I'm aware that I could respond criminally in case of fasifying information herein given."

Also, "Observações:
1) Reconhecer firma desta Declaração.
2) Anexar cópia autenticada de documento (Escritura ou similar),comprovando que o
imóvel pertence ao declarante.

translation: Anex an authentic copy of document (deed) proving that this property is of the declaring party.
Hey Ralph... of course any one who lives over here knows that banks need any RNE to open a account. Exceptions to this rule must be due to mistakes or some "jeitinho" as you say. Bradesco required mine 5 years ago.

Look ate HSBC site, where they say its law: ie quote. "A tourist visa is not acceptable by law. HSBC Brasil - Moving to Brazil

J

JMBroad

Erm thanks Klm we are I'm sure...

Regarding licensing and permissions in Brazil - it is a lengthy, drawn out process and can be quite complicated but I think it is pretty straight forward. As mentioned, we have two developments already completed and delivered, another which is about 70% finished and will be delivered in December 2009, we are finishing the licensing process on another 2.000 units within a couple of months and have started the licensing process for an additional five residential developments, 2 commercial developments and a shopping centre.

No, the developer I work for is not a huge company - we are not even close to the largest developers here in Natal which I like because it allows us to get to know our investors. The company is a Brazilian company but not owned by Brazilians however the owners and staff do speak fluent Portuguese and understand Brazilian culture and adapt to it as is needed - when in rome...

D

DGM42

JMB
You cannot have complicated and straight forward in the same sentance, you will have MJR on your back for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.