Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

The Colony, Bogaz

Discussion in 'Cyprus Property' started by chandra, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Lysos

Lysos New Member

Methinks you are both deluded as to my position. I have no vested interests whatsoever, apart from advising people not to buy in either the North or the South. You will see from my posts on other threads here - if you bothered to read them - that I totally agree that there is a vast oversupply of over priced property in the south. The land ownership issues in the North are more than sufficient reason to exercise caution there. As for AL, it would appear they haven't even started this supposed project, and if you did a bit of research on their track record on other forums (particularly with regard to Bulgaria) you just might be a little more concerned about your money. If you wish to continue to delude yourselves about this project, please feel free.

2. Microzine

Microzine New Member

Lysos
    I thought these forumns was a place to help fellow invested and
    to exchange tips ideas etc
    I mean of you have any info which you think can help
    us it is welcome
    I did see something regarding bulgRia , but if you can explain
    exactly what has happened i would be gratful
    are you another invested or. Do you sell property
    and what places would you recommend if someone was to invest
    now
    thanks

3. Lysos

Lysos New Member

To clarify - I an not an agent, I do not sell property. I simply offer my views based on my experiences. I used to be a BTL landlord in UK; not any more. I have bought in the South of Cyprus purely for own use - not an invvestment. Personally, I wouldn't buy anywhere for investment at the moment; if I were to suggest anywhere it would be family houses in UK for long term let, buying repossessions. Short term holiday letting will never make you money.
    As for AL, I am not allowed to name other forums, but if you check out the one that has porcine connections you will find some concerned AL purchasers if you do a search (notice I say purchasers not investors - Bulgarian & Cypriot property is not an investment; same goes for Dubai, Morocco, Egypt, Cape Verde etc.etc.)

4. Microzine

Microzine New Member

lysos
    thanks for the reply but could you give more of aclue to which fournm you are referring to
    thanks j

5. Lysos

Lysos New Member

Thought that would be sufficient - how about "vocally entertaining provider of bacon" ?.

6. Microzine

Microzine New Member

yeah I found it , but can't find the
    thread in question
    thanks

7. Lysos

Lysos New Member

Seems to have been removed; it was still there when I referred to it earlier in this thread, probably legal threats. That says it all for me. A basic search on AL threw up a forum specifically targeted at N.Cyprus. Do some more research.

8. Lysos

Lysos New Member

Microzine,

You are either unwilling or unable to do research. Just do a simple search on this site for AL and you will see that people are having problems with their developments in Bulgaria. You will certainly get a feel for how the company seems to operate. That alone would be enough to put me off. Add to that the land ownership problems in the North, the dramatic fall in tourist numbers and the general lack of funds & confidence in world property markets, then in my opinion, it's a total no - brainer.

Opinions are like noses - pick your own. At the end of the day you need to get over there and establish what is really happening . I suggest as a basic step - if you haven't already - you join one of the N.Cyprus forums and ask questions of people actually on the ground. This really is the most basic starting point for research, and applies to everyone. You will find that most countries have dedicated forums.

9. Whatnext

Whatnext New Member

Hey Lysos, why don't you just say what you know instead of being evasive? The way you answer everything just makes people suspicious of you and your intentions! If you know something about AL and their developments tell everyone.

10. Lysos

Lysos New Member

Whatnext, I don't KNOW anything about AL. !. I merely read forums & associated sites,& relevant publications, & draw my own conclusions. All I have said is that I have read on this and other forums of people's concerns about this company. I do KNOW that there are serious concerns over land ownership in the North, that most developments seem to be on hold & tourist numbers are way down. I visit Cyprus regularly and have seen what's happening in the South with investors left high & dry, and see no reason to think the North is any different. Now, get off my back, do your own research, make your own decisions. Personally, I think any 'investment' in holiday property in today's market is asking for trouble. Now, put your money up & prove me wrong !. Come back in a year's time & rub my face in it, telling me how way off beam I am !. All I have said is what all sensible investors say about any investment: do research, research & more research, and if something sounds too good to be true it invariably is. If Dubai is going t..ts up, as many thought it would, what chance an imoverished 'country' only recognised by Turkey ?. Ask yourself why it's taken over from the Costa Del crime as the favoured hang out of criminals.

Please, please, please put all your hard earned money into this project, which apparently hasn't even started yet, and pity idiots like myself who are missing out on this golden opportunity.

As for my intentions, beware the subliminal advertising in my posts !.

11. Colony Residence Bogaz

Yes we had some people come into our office on Saturday asking where this development was. They expected to see their investment at foundation level? We are based in Bogaz and have no idea where this project is located or who the builder is????

12. barryov

barryov New Member

Hi.
    You may remember me,i visited Northern Cyprus in October last year & i made an appointment to come & meet with you in Bogaz regarding another matter, we never did get to meet up but i did eventually get to Bogaz & i found the site. It was not easy, we went into the Bogaz hotel to ask directions, no one had heard of it, the guys in there were fantastic, he phoned a few friends one of which i am sure was someone at busy bees office, again no one had a clue. After several calls at last he found someone who knew a little about it, & so we eventually found it with a combination of this & google earth. We went up to the site to find the only work to have been carried out was that the site had been marked out ready for some construction work. This was about the 1st week in Novermber.
    I have since seen Aston Lloyd updated construction pictures, the latest of which shows some foundations in place & what looks like the walls are being poured for the 1st floor. The exact location is directly infront of the skyline hotel. I would appreciate it if you had any contact details for the investors that came into your office, or if not please pass my details on to them as i would like to find fellow investors in this project. Thank you.

14. barryov

barryov New Member

16. barryov

barryov New Member

18. barryov

barryov New Member

Hi
    I am looking for any investors in the Aston Lloyd project "The Colony" in Bogaz, North Cyprus. Are you happy with the service you are getting from Aston Lloyd? do you have any concerns regarding this project? Please contact me at this site. This also applies to any Aston Lloyd representative as i know you monitor such sites as this, & maybe this is the only way to get a response from you. Thank you.

19. tinpig

tinpig New Member

Hello

i also invested in the colony...the news is not good!! any investors please contact me or post

20. barryov

barryov New Member

Hi. Yes i have been expecting this for a long time, i was over there for 4 weeks in Oct/Nov last year, i went to the site & no one was there, it was quite obvious they were in trouble even then. I have been trying to contact other investors for the best part of 9 months now only found 2 so that in itself started ringing alarm bells. You can contact me on my home email [email protected] . Thanks.