Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

The Colony, Bogaz

Discussion in 'Cyprus Property' started by chandra, Apr 12, 2009.

1. barryov

barryov New Member

The Colony stage 1 or 2.

Hi Jimlin.
    I`m new to this site , so just getting to grips with things, as a fellow investor in The Colony , i guess you will have recently received the letter from Aston Lloyd about the choice of deferring the stage payments until next year , in effect they are looking at building in 2 stages. Phase 1 to go ahead as you say in Sept 09 and stage 2 to start one year later.
    I think it is a sign of the times that a lot of people are struggling to make the payments in August.
    Personally i would prefer them to delay the whole build phase for 1 year to let things settle down a little.

2. barryov

barryov New Member

Hi Chandra.
    I`m a fellow investor and i would like to discuss with you about this project. I have just posted a couple of other replies so if you take a look at them we can talk if you have anything constructive to say on them . Thanks.

3. tinpig

tinpig New Member

iv also invested in The Colony and any info would be greatly appreciated

4. barryov

barryov New Member

The colony.

Hi Chandra.
    I wrote in to this forum a few weeks ago, regarding my concerns, regarding our title deeds and exactly what they are, could you contact me please so we can exchange ideas. I am not having a go at Aston Lloyd or any one i just would like some straight answers. I was probably the first investor in the Colony, 5th oct 07 the day they received planning , so i know the back ground well , but i feel some where along the line i have been misled ......thanks. it would be good to talk....
    p.s . i have spoken with James Rowlet via email just today and i have more concerns now than i did before.....

5. Ravie

Ravie New Member

Hi everybody, i have invested on this development looking forward to sharing information and pictures i was wondering how many of you have paid the frist build cost now due i understand from Aston Lloyd that they are only part building this site

6. Prop-erty

Prop-erty New Member

I agree. The problem with most property purchases is the element of speculation. To be honest, many even seemingly "bad" deals turn good.

7. chandra

chandra New Member

Hi Barry, sorry about the late reply. I am away for last 10 days, back in UK this weekend. I did call you on your mobile twice without any luck. I shall contact you on your mobile again next week.

Regards.

Chandra

8. Microzine

Microzine New Member

The colony bogaz

Anymore updates on this company ___ton ___d
    and the colony , as they are letting people defer
    the payments for a fee
    Have any developments been completed
    anyone had dealings with this company before and completed
    let me know
    j

9. barryov

barryov New Member

Hi
    I am over in cyprus at the moment although not so near Bogaz , i have deferred build until next year but as yet i have had not been told what my new plots will be. I spoke with AL representative a few weeks ago and he told me work had started on site, but i cant be sure. I am trying to make arrangements to get over there and take a look , so ill let you know more when i do that. As for AL i did all the usual checks before i invested in them and they seem a good solid company with a good track redord, but these are difficult times in the construction industry so anything can happen. Regards.

10. Microzine

Microzine New Member

The colony

Hi Barry
    just read your post , just wondering what concerns you are referring
    to after you spoke al
    I spoke to them yesterday , and they said that they will
    have some build pics on weds next week
    HOw many units have you purchased and which lawyers are you using
    I wentout to bogaz last year but itwas to early to see anything
    I did think it was quite a small quiet place not much going on
    but I suppose that's the thing of getting in early before things get exspensive

11. barryov

barryov New Member

Hi

Hi
    I have 2 plots there, i have also spoke with Aston Lloyd this week , they have told me work has started, but it took me 4 emails to get a reply, my main concern is the lack of information they are putting out, they want our money very quickly but dont seem to act so quick when we need info from them. I am hopefully going to Bogaz next week, i am in Northern Cyprus at the moment. Yes the benifit of getting in early is just that i expect it will be undeveloped, where i am staying at the moment is sort of in between so i can see the potential. I will take some photos my self when i get over there, so if you want i`ll send you them, if you let me have your email . Thanks for the reply.

12. Microzine

Microzine New Member

Hi Barry
    just wondering how you got on , did you go over to bogaz
    recieved th e photos of development , could really be anywhere

Tried to include my email , but won't let me because I posted 5 replys yet
    speak to u soon
    thanks j

13. barryov

barryov New Member

The Colony

Hi
    I was over on site on the 9th of November, nothing was happening, there was no one on site. We only found the site via a very helpful hotel owner , who looked it up on google earth for us. No one seems to know about Aston Llloyd.
    The site has been set out with small stones. The pictures on AL site were taken the day after i was there.
    Although i was there 5 weeks i did not meet with any AL staff i tried to contact them many times, and they say they tried to reach me also, but some how we missed each other.
    I`m really not sure or convinced yet , i need to see more happening and more talking between AL and there clients. Thanks.
    Ps if you have personal email address i`ll send you the pictures i took.

14. Microzine

Microzine New Member

Barry
    so I take you got the update pictures from al
    so there was no sign up regarding development
    or anything , no sign of work being done
    doesn't sound to. Good
    and they say they tried to contact you , I don't know
    sounds like slot of bs you know them
    saying that most people decided go ahead
    with the original build programme surely
    you would of seen some sort of work going
    on
    I take you have spoken to them regarding this
    what did they say !
    I'm not sure but there is time of year
    were all work stops because it is to hot
    to do anything I'll have to check when this is
    As soon it allows me to I will send you my email not enough posts
    yet
    it was the same sort of thing when I went there no sign of anything
    what about surrounding developments anywork going on with these

15. barryov

barryov New Member

Hi

Hi.
    This is the best time of year to build, the weather is much cooler now but the days are shorter. The day after i returned from the site they contacted me to say could i come tomorrow as the project manager would be there, he was, hence the photo`s on AL site.
    I was told only about half were going ahead with the first phase, they plan to build 49 in the first phase. All the other developments were not working, and most of the finished sites around the area are still empty. The skyline hotel which stands infront of our plot, i was told by a local, is being sold to Roman Abramovich the Chelsea football team owner. If that is true it could be good for the area. Are you going ahead with phase 1? I have put both of mine back to phase 2.
    My pictures are very simalar to those on AL site but they were only taken 24 hr earlier, there are no signs of any kind near the site that mention Aston Lloyd, only Medview i think thats the name , they have an office on the next plot. Perhaps they are the builders.

16. Microzine

Microzine New Member

Yeah I put my 2 plots back , so there is no work
    going on on any surrounding sites , are some of these completed but empty
    what did you think of the email from al
    it seems abut funny that they were only there after you had left
    surely the guy from al wasn't there just for one day
    I don't know seems quite convenient
    have you spoken to them since you got back
    and have they answered your questions

17. Lysos

Lysos New Member

Wake up & smell the coffee, guys. It isn't going to happen. The North is suffering even more than the South following the recent court ruling on land ownership, and in the South nothing is moving or being built. The government has brought forward numerous infrastructure projects (funded by EU money) to help the building industry.

18. Microzine

Microzine New Member

Hi
    what is your background are u a invester or do u sell property
    are u based incyprus or have u had anydealing with Aston loyyd
    before
    surely there has to be some companys still completeing developments
    somewhere !
    Any info u have or can share would be plus
    thanks j

19. barryov

barryov New Member

Hi

My back ground is i am UK builder and developer, yes i have investments, in TRNC , Romania & Main land Turkey. I would not touch the South as they will never sell another property there as it is way over priced. Do not worry about the other posting, he is from the south and so is deluded in to thinking they will one day get the North back ...it will never happen imposible.....so i am sure Al will come good as long as every one that has paid so far sticks with them.

20. barryov

barryov New Member

Hi

It was mentioned by the owner of the hotel in Bogaz put to be honest i wouldn`t pin my hopes on it. I heard the rumour ages ago , but i have to admit that if it was coming to Cyprus it would almost certainly be in the South. I can`t see that there would be enough visitors here to make it worth while. Not for a few years anyway.