The best ways to add value to the house?

George79

George79

Hello guys! I'm preparing one article on this topic and I would like to catch your ideas and thoughts. Who do you think are the best ways to increase the value of the property? This is my list below:

• Redecoration
  • Spare Bedroom
  • Reuse of existing space
  • Extensions (Conservatory, Garage...)
  • Central heating
  • Double glazing
  • External improvements (parking)

M

mattheonline

On TV they always say it is the small things like having a clean entrance. Colours of decorations, etc.

Plus have you considered promoting your property properly as a factor? You may get more if you try to attract foreign investors whom are willing to pay more in London, for example!?

Matt.

J-Nevil

J-Nevil

I would agree with Matt, simple things like neutral colour schemes and better lighting really helps a property sell in a competitive market. Internal improvements such as double glazing help too of course, but rarely has a buyer ever asked me about this. Space is also a defining quality in a house, and if buyers can imagine the good uses they'd make out of the space you're offering it adds heaps of value, hence the reason
(moderated)

Making better use of the space on offer and showing a potential buyer what they could be doing with it is a key part of selling property in my opinion.

Out of interest, who are you writing the article for?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JenniferKelly

Personally I think below mentioned are some of the things, which will help us to increase the value of property.

Interior of the house,
Proper combination of colors,
Garden,
Lavish furniture.

George79

George79

Out of interest, who are you writing the article for?
I've been writing this article for one property blog.

Thank you all guys!

Appearance does not make a house, but leaves an impression. We all agree :)