Property tv

The Apprentice on BBC1 9pm tonight - selling houses challenge!

Discussion in 'Property TV Shows' started by KGeeson, Dec 2, 2015.

1. KGeeson

KGeeson Property Forum Staff Forum Partner

This should be an interesting one for all 'The Apprentice' fans, as contestants are plunging into the London property market tonight selling high end houses... if nothing else, i'm sure it will give all London property professionals on here a giggle! :D

2. KGeeson

KGeeson Property Forum Staff Forum Partner

Did anyone watch this? I know they don't have a background in property, but it was embarrassing to watch when they didn't know the value of average flat prices / square footage in Canary Wharf. A little bit of research would have been a good idea... ! It also shows how London can sell property based purely on location, as some properties were sold with no floor plans or show flats to view.

3. Michelle Barringer

Michelle Barringer Member Forum Partner

I didn't watch but imagine that they were cringeworthy - selling property requires market knowledge and the candidates seem to forget that they don't know everything already!!

4. Debbie Williamson

Debbie Williamson New Member Premium Member

It was very cringeworthy... Especially when they mixed up where the cupboards, washing machine etc...were to be fitted and where the dining area was going to be.. Surely researching and learning about what you are actually selling is fundamental...

5. Ricky Bhurji

Ricky Bhurji Member Premium Member

As somebody who has worked in the industry for 12 years - this was fantastic entertainment. Anybody that missed it should definitely watch it! I may even watch it again tonight ;)

6. JeremyMathews

JeremyMathews New Member

Amazing show, I don't think they've ever done anything like that before, though

7. Luke Masters

Luke Masters Member Premium Member

I have watched this now for the third time, thoroughly entertaining and a clear real life representation of what can be achieved with the wrong agent with the right property. If a property expert had been selling those units, we can only imagine what fantastic results would have been achieved.

Ricky maybe you should have been brought in for this challenge? ;)

Luke

8. Le Seb

Le Seb Member

Haven't had a chance to watch this but judging by the usual quality of contestants... My grandma would on average do a better job. Though cocky - that they are.