Thai a good place for investment

K

keegan

Hello all,

Been reading some of these hints and tips, and it seems that there is a lot of people that can offer a lot of good advice, so here we go
1) want to move to Bangkok in October 06, where if anywhere do I need to avoid renting, any areas of the City not best.
2) Currently working in the UK but have convinced the boss to let me work remotely from Bangkok, is it possible to open a bank account in Thailand in uk?, to enable wages to be paid in by my employer?
3) From the research I have done, take it the best visa I can hope for is the multiple entry visa, requiring the 3 month visa run. If anyone knows any different, PLEASE let me know.

Most important that I should buy a good flat as soon as I reach there. I was told that Thai is a good place for property investment. How do I go about it? Please suggest
Thanks
Keegan

K

kevin

Hi
1. How about recommend area to stay for expats: Sukhumvit, Sathorn, Ploenchit area (Wireless road),Silom. Those are the area for foreigners to live easier. There are plenty of English book shops, grocery stores with westerner foods, import wines, and etc. Easily commute by BTS (Sky Train) & MRT (underground train).
2. I know only foreigners with Business Visa can do it. But in your case, I m not so sure.
3. If you don't have work permit, then you need to come by tourist visa which allow only 3 months stay. Normally, foreigners will go to Kuala Lumpur to stamp reentry visa to come back for another 3 months in Thailand.
Hope I can help a bit.
Thanks
Kevin

J

John

Keegan, did you buy or are you still looking? If you bought I would be interested in hearing how things went for you. If not, I would also be interested in hearing what made you decide not to buy.

Last edited:
G

goozaa55

I am Thai people and studying in Real Estate investment. Sukhumvit, Sathorn, Ploenchit area (Wireless road),Silom that Kevin suggesting, It's good place to investment.

J

John

goozaa55 said:
I am Thai people and studying in Real Estate investment. Sukhumvit, Sathorn, Ploenchit area (Wireless road),Silom that Kevin suggesting, It's good place to investment.
Thanks goozaa.

E

egeefay

I have heard that it can be hard to open up a Bank account in Thailand without a work permit. But several farangs have said that they were able to open an account with a valid visa and a passport. Rules seem to vary from Bank to Bank. Sounds like you plan to live in Thailand on a non immigrant visa with no work permit. So your best bet would be to do some footwork and go from bank to bank.
You might be able to email them on the internet to find out.
Try HSBC Thailand, Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, Siam Commercial Bank, Krung Thai Bank. These are places where I've heard farangs can open an account with a passport.
Let us know what you find out.

B

Bogzz

thanks kevin.. what about the priced are these economical or cheaper? i hope you get my point.. thanks in advance