Terrorism in the UAE

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bware

Gulf news Today doing damage control and refer to the advice as "UK's terror warning a 'routine' advice"

What is interesting is if you try and access the FCO ( British Foreign and Commonwealth Office web site) which is where the warning is you will be unable to if you reside in the UAE.

Instead of the usuall Blocked site message you will receive the following message
Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact Customer Support.

T

The_Informer

The timing of the message is by no means an accident. Our (UK) Government has created the notion that Dubai is an unsafe bet for investment and for very good reason. I should know, I work in a Government organisation and have been privy to classified information. The campaign objective is to scare investors from Middle East investments.

Every day the banks report Millions of £ transferred across to accounts in the Middle East, the Government can't simply afford to sit back and witness the collapse of the perceived financial hub of world "London City".
The UK Government no longer see the strategic value of appeasing the Emirate’s, and to be fair the share of the pie has been dwindling for some time now hence a new strategic direction.

Over the next few years you will see an increasing hostile strategy from the UK; after all they have nothing to lose and load to gain. Do you want to believe our hype? Put it this way, after I read the internal report which was made public on the 16/06/08, I relinquished a massive amount of equity in my house and now invested in 5 apartments in Ras Al Khamai. If the UK Government are so concerned, trust me it’s got to be good.

W

Wannaberich

GULF NEWS:
Chat between drunk men sparked terror warning
By Bassma Al Jandaly, Staff Reporter
Published: June 20, 2008, 00:08

Dubai: A personal conversation between two drunk men in a hotel bar led the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi to issue the recent terror attack warning, Gulf News has learnt.

The embassy on June 14 posted a warning on its website against a terror attack in the UAE.

A diplomatic source said the warning was issued based on a personal conversation between the two Arab men in the Hemingway bar in the Hiltonia Hotel in Abu Dhabi. The bar is frequented by hundreds of Britons and Americans.

One drunk man told the other in jest: "If someone wants to scare all these people and make them run away, just say there is a bomb. A belt bomb will kill hundreds of them."

The source said it is believed that Britons sitting near the men overheard the conversation and thought it was serious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They reported the matter to their embassy who immediately issued the terror alert. The travel advisory said: "The attacks could be indiscriminate and could happen at any time, including in places frequented by expats ... You should maintain a high level of security awareness."

A

adamgul

This is a propaganda to destroy the image of UAE in the western world .Where all over the world there is economic crisis but in UAE it is booming like anything .This is again their old tactics .This is a false information by these US and UK government. The Whole world knows UAE is much more safer than US and UK.

B

badiabestland

The Whole world knows UAE is much more safer than US and UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.