Tenant likes to break the contract. What the rule say

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kind

I have a annual contract with tenant ending September this year. I received and e-mail from agent saying tenant wants to leave and break the contract. Reason is not known. What the rule suggest. Agent is holding the post dated cheques. Please advise. Matter urgent.

R

Roshan

Tenancy contracts differ from one landlord to the other. YOu need to see what is the vacating clause in the contract. It could be notice of 1 month and loss of 2 months rent.

Get in and read the contract.

Roshan

N

naser

Hi,

Hi,

U call the tenant directly why he wants to break the tenancy contract, if the reason is genuine, pls do the needful for the sake of human courtesy.

usually the owners now a days are putting a clause for tenancy break up i.e.,
two months or one month rent will b charge, if the tenant wants to terminate
the tenancy before expiry.

thanks

imtiyaz

K

Kind

Thanks Roshan & Naser,

Tenant lost the job and wanted to move to close relative.
There was no such clause like early termination of contract so I agreed on 15 days rent instead of one month.

Thanks.

Hi,

U call the tenant directly why he wants to break the tenancy contract, if the reason is genuine, pls do the needful for the sake of human courtesy.

usually the owners now a days are putting a clause for tenancy break up i.e.,
two months or one month rent will b charge, if the tenant wants to terminate
the tenancy before expiry.

thanks

imtiyaz

R

Roshan

If he has lost his job, then a little bit of consideration should be shown. Why don't you ask him to find a tenant for you. I have leased out my apartment and the deal is if the tenant wants to break the contract he either finds someone to take over - OR - loose 2 months rent.

Roshan

Status
Not open for further replies.