Tenant is asking to renew the contract in advance

K

Kind

My tenant is asking to renew the contract much in advance. Is is because rents are increasing ? and he is afraid that I might ask for increased rate as per prevailing market when it comes to renew the contract. Can landlord increase the rent in second year ? I know the RERA calculator but would like have comment from forum members.

B

BobbytheBuilder

My tenant is asking to renew the contract much in advance. Is is because rents are increasing ? and he is afraid that I might ask for increased rate as per prevailing market when it comes to renew the contract. Can landlord increase the rent in second year ? I know the RERA calculator but would like have comment from forum members.
HI Kind, How you doing buddy. The rents are really increasing in dubai. As far as I know you can only increase the rent at the end of the 2nd year and start off the 3rd year. Complete rubbish rule.

B

BobbytheBuilder

HI Kind, Did you get any Invoices from Nakheel in December for service charges/building charges.

K

Kind

yes I got service charges inv. for quarter four till 31-3-2013, one week ago and arranging to pay it.

B

brinkriley

Kind said:
yes I got service charges inv. for quarter four till 31-3-2013, one week ago and arranging to pay it.
Seems a completely different procedures for Lettings than in the UK, I have a number of clients in Dubai beautiful place glad to hear the market is good also!

B

brinkriley

Kind said:
It's seems a very different process for Lettings in Dubai than in Uk very interesting read however! Have a number of clients in Dubai good to hear the market is doing well

C

clarkd384

HI Kind, How you doing buddy. The rents are really increasing in dubai. As far as I know you can only increase the rent at the end of the 2nd year and start off the 3rd year. Complete rubbish rule.
I think BobbytheBuilder is right.

A

alden

Paying service Charge

Hi, Have you tried paying service charge by epayment ? if so have you had any problems, ive tried but on the screen all it says is payment pending. Ive tried emailing and calling but no reply. Anybody any info or ideas. Thanks.

K

Kind

for service charges ending 31 March 2013, I remitted the money and then attached the receipt with e-mail. but there was no confirmation from nakheel service dept. I received another invoice from them for master community charges with arrears so I complained to them about it. it was last week but i haven't heard since then.

A

alden

Service charge

Hi Kind. Thanks for your reply, We have not had a answer from nakheel either. tried making another payment using the epayment system today,same as last time payment pending. If we find anything out ill post the info. thanks.

K

Kind

Soheb Ismail Shaikh <[email protected]>
to: "
date: Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM
subject: RE: International City Community Service Charge Invoice for 2012/13
: Important mainly because of your interaction with messages in the conversation.

I received a message from Soheb that he is looking into it. I am still waiting for his confirmation of payment of service charges. till then I can not pay master community charges. You can write him at above address.

K

Keigan

Raise rent in the 3rd year

I think BobbytheBuilder is right.
Yup.... Bobbythebuilder is right. I am an owner myself. But I feel this is important as there were no caps on rental increase previously. Tenants were suffering with rental increases of over 30% to 40% on a year on year basis. Dubai seems to be getting back to its old routes with some areas witnessing increase in rental dramatically.

You cannot ask your tenant to leave during the 2nd year as well. 3rd Year cap in rental increase is around 7% if im not mistaken.

LucasAtwell

LucasAtwell

Let's think in a positive way. Tenants want to review their contract as early as now is because they love the place. Now let us say that the landlord increase its rental fee. Talk to the tenants and explain that there is a need to increase a fee or better yet, consult a lawyer regarding the matter since it is legal issue.

S

sajjap

Fair deal for both Landlord and Tenant?

Hi

Fair deal for both Landlord and Tenant?

I'm just in the process of renewing my tenant’s lease, according to the letting agent, I can't increase the rent for the first 2 years, after the end of the 2nd year there is a cap of 5% maximum that the landlord can increase the rent by. Also, apparently I can't not renew the lease if the tenant agrees to pay the 5% increase at the beginning of the 3rd year, the only way I can get the tenant out is by giving a 12 month notice and only if the property is to be for my own personal use.

This all sounds ridiculous to me, but the letting agent tells me that that's how it is.

Saj