Tenancy Agreements On Apartments

F

farrka

If anyone has a tenant, how have you gone about getting a tenancy agreement - is it done by a local solicitor or do you just let the apartment out in good faith. Info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

L

laguna33p

farrka, you will need to use the services of a letting agent, check out some of the other threads in this forum of several letting agents details

S

sanairug

It is very simple there is aready made tenancy agrement for short hold tenancy in Dubai and easly avilable in the major stationary shops or the estate agen. I charge AED500 an admin fee to do the tenancy agreement plus check all the refrances. my contact no is 050 855 1778.
Nadeem

W

wayneis

Tenancy Agreement

Farrka Tenancy agreement can be purchased in stationary shops for 50 fills ( Half a Dirham) around 14 cents US

Let me see If I can upload the document for Bob and this way owners could download and print it them selves

W

wayneis

Rental Agreement Template

Morning Bob

Emailed Document to you.

Worth noting The Laws of Dubai take precedence over what is written on your Document and that any disputes can be taken before the Rent Review Committee.

You will read the document and there are a few clauses that just do not apply. For example it really is not that simple to evict a tenant and all though there have been many media reports of Land Lords cutting power and water and locking or changing locks, this is against the law.

What I am saying for your readers, do not get too concerned over what is written on your document as the Rent Committee will arbitrate in any possible dispute and many people remain confused in the absence of clear instructions and guidance

Procedure is straight forward and simple to rent your apartment, no need for solicitors.
When you locate a tenant have them sign your Rental Agreement
Procedure is to take a Security Deposit in the form of cash or cheque, would recommend at least DHS 2,000 to DHS 3,000
Obtain a copy of the tenants passport along with a copy of their UAE Visa, check that this is up to date, that way any problems you can chase it up with the Police.
Have the Tenant sign your Rental Agreement along with your self.
Payment is done with post dated cheques.
I accepted 4 Cheques, many people want 1 payment or 2.
Once a cheque is issued in UAE it requires a court order to cancel the cheque, many people are sitting in Dubai Jail for cheque related issues.
Rental Agencies or Real estate Agents will charge a fee to present you with a Tenant, usually 5% of the rent and this is paid by the Tenant to them. My experience ( I have moved 4 times ,absolutely no service provided to the tenant at all, so if you are advertising your property for rent make sure you explain NO COMMISSION Diret from Owner. It will make a difference

I think you are waisting your money to have a Rental Agency manage your property in the first year as any problems are delt with by Nakheel

Last edited:
F

farrka

Wayne and everyone else, thank you very much for the information. It is really helpful and looks quite straightforward.

M

MishMish

thanks that is helpful information. Is it necessary for the witness ? and is this agreement just to be kept as a contract or forwarded to an official place in Dubai ?

S

shahidns

Hello,
I too have just received possession of my flat and have got someone to rent out to.

Will I just need to get this contract signed between me and him; and using this can he just go to Dewa/Du and get utilities installed on his name?

Thanks so much.
Shahid.

G

gtmash

Hello,
I too have just received possession of my flat and have got someone to rent out to.

Will I just need to get this contract signed between me and him; and using this can he just go to Dewa/Du and get utilities installed on his name?

Thanks so much.
Shahid.
Correct. No need for agent to do his for you if you find a tenant yourself.

S

shahidns

Thank so much. There is so much I have learnt from this forum.

I am so glad that I found it.

Shahid.

G

Ginger

Hi!
does any one know,
if you write on the contract manually the contract is not extendable,

would the tenant still have the right to extend the contract for next year
with the help of rent comitee?

How to avoid this problem that people simply don't move out after a year's rent?

M

map

Am new to Dubai and wondered if you could advise where I can obtain one of the rental agrrements that is being talked about on the threads/forum. Any help much obliged.

C

Cluster King

Rental agreement.PDF.format

Am new to Dubai and wondered if you could advise where I can obtain one of the rental agrrements that is being talked about on the threads/forum. Any help much obliged.
=====================================================

Dear map,

Please click the following link for rental agreement form.

world wide web.totallyproperty (dot) com/images/Rental_Agreement_Dubai.pdf

T

torpedo

It is very simple there is aready made tenancy agrement for short hold tenancy in Dubai and easly avilable in the major stationary shops or the estate agen. I charge AED500 an admin fee to do the tenancy agreement plus check all the refrances. my contact no is 050 855 1778.
Nadeem
Hi,

I have a tenanted Int City flat and the existing tenant
wants to renew for another 12 months. I live in London, can you arrange for the contract to be signed, collect the chqs and arrange for the funds to be transferred to my London account.

What would be your fee ??

N

NAZ_2_NAZ

can anyone advise - i have tenants who have just signed a renewal contract on an apartment in JLT, the rent had been agreed, and they signed, with monthly cheques etc etc They had not given the post dated cheques and are now trying to get out of the tenancy.....!!! obviously because they may have found something cheaper......

M

mpat

If u have their visa and pp copy along with tenancy contract, u can threat them to sue in court and police, they shuld straighten out. If they want to leave , u should ask them a month or 2's rent additional and let them go , or just give a bit discount on rent, as these days its difficult to find tenant at good price , market is falling and by april end or may , it will be cheaper than this to rent a new flat in JLT or DG orIC.

B

bizzy bee

thanks that is helpful information. Is it necessary for the witness ? and is this agreement just to be kept as a contract or forwarded to an official place in Dubai ?
A witness is not necessary. the landlord and tenant should each have an individual and original signed contract. the contract needs to be registered by RERA. either the landlord or the tenant can do the registration. i believe the rgistration is free if you go directly to RERA.

F

financier888

can anyone advise - i have tenants who have just signed a renewal contract on an apartment in JLT, the rent had been agreed, and they signed, with monthly cheques etc etc They had not given the post dated cheques and are now trying to get out of the tenancy.....!!! obviously because they may have found something cheaper......
I agree with Mpat - you should negotiate with them and try to keep them in place as it's only getting to get harder to find tenants as you approach the summer months... reduce the rent if that is what it will take as you will lose that income anyway if the flat stays empty for a month or two or more...... AND you may have to reduce the rent anyway.

Last month when my lease was expiring for a 1 bedroom flat in Old Town, I was paying AED 150,000 for a 1 bedroom - i had agents offering me 2 bedrooms wth a maids room and large garden for AED 150,000!!! and there were several available ! Those 2 bedrooms etc used to rent for 220,000 - 240,000 just months ago!! Now there are literally thousands of flats coming online in Old Town with over 50% of the completed ones vacant... you catch my drift here...

Also - once the contruction starts to create the waterway near the metropolitan hotel and they divert traffic from SZR - living in the JBR area will be a traffic nightmare.. and that construction will take years to complete... Try to keep them in place and cut a deal..

J

jeb

i used the following to do the tenancy contract - they charge only AED 30 and are quick:

w w w (dot) dubaitenancy (dot) c o m