ad

Tax efficient tax structure for new build

J

J Singh

Hi, i'm seeking to develop five new build houses for sale but in case the property market has a significant slow down I may need to be prepared to rent them out. What would be the most tax efficient way structure. I have purchased the land in my personal name already (no lending). Perhaps the way forward is to set up SPV/limited company, sell the land to company, complete the development and sell/rent at that stage.
I wasn't sure on the best ownership structure e.g. Set up holding company to shares in SPV/limited company for secure best tax relief e.g. Vat refund. Perhaps use the spv to build the development and then close it down and transfer assets to holding company if I needed to rent them out?
Thanks
J

T

tire1

Hello mr singh. I am also in the similar situation. Did you find reply to your questions?

R

realdeals

I think you need to weigh up the potential pros and cons of the expected uplift in the land investment after building the properties. You might end up with a significant personal capital gain if this is completed outside of a company structure with potentially more cost offsets within a company than from a personal point of view. However, I would suggest that you take advice from an accountant before progressing.