Surely German real estate will benefit most when Europe finally recovers?

N

nmb

Germany is the ultimate powerhouse of Europe with a very liquid and a very broad real estate market. While many people may suggest there is exceptional value in depressed markets such as Spain and Portugal in the longer term, surely German real estate will benefit most when Europe finally recovers?

The German grip on the European Union is getting ever tighter and surely this influence we will be reflected in the performance of the German economy going forward? As a consequence, there must be significant potential for growth in German real estate asset values?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes I'm sure you're right and before "the crunch" the German property market was doing very well indeed and often featured on UK property investment agency's books too...

From a UK person's perspective I can see why Spain et al will likely recover fast when the time is right as it's such a popular location for us Brits and has the appeal for holiday makers. Whereas I can't see the German market attracting the same inward interest other than for professional investors? Different investment reasons so hard to compare them... Interesting to think about though...