Sunset apartments, Fez

G

guillaumetk

Hello everyone,

Glad to see everybody's fine. Let me first wish you a happy new year and only good things for this coming year.

We're going to FEZ in April for a week and we've just had some news from Bouchra.
She told us she had resigned from her job at Sunset properties, so I don't know who is going to replace her to sell the remaining flats. In november, she said the promoter intended to sell the flats to another company which would sell them to Moroccans because he was short of money but so far she didn't hear any fresh news about that. Nevertheless she told us she would not let us down and that she had started working on the "co-owners association" because even if she's not working for sunset anymore she thought it could be a good idea to create one. I'm not sure this system exists in England but in France each group of flats has this kind of administrative structure for the good of all owners. In this association, We decide every year what we should or shouldn't do to make our place look better, we pay for the gardener, for the different wardens, the different things that have to be done. Obviously we have to pay for this, but then everything is taken care of, we pay according to the flat we own(a percentage of the whole structure). I, myself, think it could be a good idea rather than being left on our own to solve our problems , we must try to make this place look great.

Did any of you sarted looking for companies to rent your flats? if yes, what did you find?
Did you already rent your flat?(appart from the unhappy experience I read about above)
Do you intend to do so?

Well, that's all I can think of right now.

Take care everyone

looking forward to hearing from you.

guillaume fanchon (block 3 app 40)

U

um zineddine

Hi rosiecot.
enjoy your holiday,and have a safe journee, we are in block A apprt 2 gound floor, we planted in summer some trees, if you don't mind to take some pictures, my son would love to see how big are the trees now, please tell us about any developement around us. sulaiman should help you with all the updates.
salut

Hi all,

Just to sat that I shall be at the apartments in Fez for three weeks as from 8 th Feb.
Is any one else there then? Please look me up in either apartment 1 or 8 if you are there!

On travel to Fez, I have found a return journey with Easyjet for £30 to Marrakesh from Luton.
I will stay in a riad overnight (about 30 euros for a double room),and enjoy some relaxation in Marrakech before getting Supratours bus or the train to Fez.
It is a long journey, but cuts the fare down considerably. I will let you know how it goes!

Cheers,
Rosiecot

R

rosiecot

Hi rosiecot.
enjoy your holiday,and have a safe journee, we are in block A apprt 2 gound floor, we planted in summer some trees, if you don't mind to take some pictures, my son would love to see how big are the trees now, please tell us about any developement around us. sulaiman should help you with all the updates.
salut
Thanks for your message. I will certainly take some pictures . Is block A the same as Block 1? If so you are opposite my apartment No 1!

Rosiecot

U

um zineddine

Thanks for your message. I will certainly take some pictures . Is block A the same as Block 1? If so you are opposite my apartment No 1!

Rosiecot
hi,
yes it is the same 1 or A. thank you very much, and enjoy the sun.
seloua

U

um zineddine

security at sunset apart

Hello everyone,

Glad to see everybody's fine. Let me first wish you a happy new year and only good things for this coming year.

We're going to FEZ in April for a week and we've just had some news from Bouchra.
She told us she had resigned from her job at Sunset properties, so I don't know who is going to replace her to sell the remaining flats. In november, she said the promoter intended to sell the flats to another company which would sell them to Moroccans because he was short of money but so far she didn't hear any fresh news about that. Nevertheless she told us she would not let us down and that she had started working on the "co-owners association" because even if she's not working for sunset anymore she thought it could be a good idea to create one. I'm not sure this system exists in England but in France each group of flats has this kind of administrative structure for the good of all owners. In this association, We decide every year what we should or shouldn't do to make our place look better, we pay for the gardener, for the different wardens, the different things that have to be done. Obviously we have to pay for this, but then everything is taken care of, we pay according to the flat we own(a percentage of the whole structure). I, myself, think it could be a good idea rather than being left on our own to solve our problems , we must try to make this place look great.

Did any of you sarted looking for companies to rent your flats? if yes, what did you find?
Did you already rent your flat?(appart from the unhappy experience I read about above)
Do you intend to do so?

Well, that's all I can think of right now.

Take care everyone

looking forward to hearing from you.

guillaume fanchon (block 3 app 40)
Hi Guillaume,
nice to hear from you, I totaly agree that we should unit to keep the place at the standard and pay people to look after the place, we are lucky now to have sulaiman, but what if he isn't there anymore. I don't know bushra and i have never met her, anyway keep up us informed, and for sure everyone will be happy to contribute. about renting i tried to caontact agencies by emails, but unfortunately I had only one reply but when i gave them the address, i didn't hear from them. I think that we will have more chance to rent it easily if access to transport improves. lets hope to hear other experience, my expereince is , I had a hard time without a car, and using taxis for a month tourn out to be very costly.
but after all i love the place and my parent and my parent in low felt so good in this month even their health improved.
all the best to all
seloua

R

Radiant52

Sunset apartments

I think we have a huge problem with the Sunset apartments. Please do not link up with anyone to pay any money for maintenance. If you are one of the buyers from outside Morocco, I wnat you to know that we were ripped off by Mark, Khaled and co.

I purchased my flat and completed since 2008 it is a top floor so I assumed I purchased with the terrace as there was more to pay for purchasing 2nd floor. I am presently in Fez. The flat beneath mine has been sold for 50% the price of mine to a Moroccan family. To add salt to the injury, the family told me that they were told that they also have use of 'my' terrace. I do not know who to turn to. but to have thought the terrace was part of my bargain for 3 years and now it is an illusion, is very painful.

All of us must be careful and plan our next step. If they want maintenance and security money, they should take from what I paid for my flat.

Radiant

M

markwillenbrock

Your title deeds will say who has the use of the terrace. I have to say that it's unusual for flats in Morocco to have exclusive use of the terrace, top floor or not.

Incidentally, perhaps you could clarify who the 'Mark' is you refer to. It's an unusual name in property in Fes, and as I'm also called Mark I'd appreciate it if you could confirm it wasn't me!

R

rosiecot

Sunset Update

[
Hi fellow apartment owners at Sunset, Fe,

Bouchra is no longer working for Sirocco Estates, but is planning to take over the Management of the apartments.
Meanwhile it seems that the Guardians are not being paid. Abdl is trying to get
100 Dh a month from every apartment for his service of guarding the property! No one seems to be around when you need them, i.e. when the outside door is locked and you can't get in to your own apartment! I have not paid him as Bouchra said he should not be asking for money.

I was approached by the developer who asked if I would buy another apartment. He has reduced our apartments to £30,000 in a desperate attempt to sell. Very bad news for me as my 'off plan price' was about £15,000 more.

Going to Marrakech via Ryanair was OK. We caught a train to Casablanca where we stayed for a night before going on to Fez by train. We caught the double Decker train and sat 'up top' by the windows in Premier class and enjoyed a comfortable and relaxed trip. Food and drinks are available. Coming back was a long day travelling from Fez to Marrakech by train, but we had an excellent night in a hotel and eat with the locals in Djemma el-fna, (delicious!)

I understand that as from May, Ryanair will begin flying directly to Fez again.

I hope to revisit in April/ May time when the weather is better!

Cheers,
rosiecot

QUOTE=Radiant52;123365]I think we have a huge problem with the Sunset apartments. Please do not link up with anyone to pay any money for maintenance. If you are one of the buyers from outside Morocco, I wnat you to know that we were ripped off by Mark, Khaled and co.

I purchased my flat and completed since 2008 it is a top floor so I assumed I purchased with the terrace as there was more to pay for purchasing 2nd floor. I am presently in Fez. The flat beneath mine has been sold for 50% the price of mine to a Moroccan family. To add salt to the injury, the family told me that they were told that they also have use of 'my' terrace. I do not know who to turn to. but to have thought the terrace was part of my bargain for 3 years and now it is an illusion, is very painful.

All of us must be careful and plan our next step. If they want maintenance and security money, they should take from what I paid for my flat.

Radiant[/QUOTE]

U

um zineddine

security

Hi everyone,
I have heard that sulaiman left, I have heard so many bad news but if it is true that sulaim left, then i will be very worried. is anyone going there in summer we may meet and try to organise things by ourselves.
all the best to all.
salaam
seloua

R

rosiecot

Hi,
I am returning to Fez in May (4th-26th) for three weeks to keep an eye on what is going on.
Sulimane has been transferred to Casablanca and his Brother is now the guardian.
There is no 24 hour cover and finding any one to help when there is a problem has proved a lengthy process for me.

Bouchra may be setting up a residents protection and maintenance programme, but meanwhile the rendering on the apartments if cracking and falling off in chunks.

I have scrubbed cement and paint off the hallways and stair case round my apartment, I
Have collected and burnt rubbish from the site, and pruned roses!

If it is posiible for us all do a little bit when we visit, things should improve!

Pam
#

U

um zineddine

security at sunset epprt

Hi,
I am returning to Fez in May (4th-26th) for three weeks to keep an eye on what is going on.
Sulimane has been transferred to Casablanca and his Brother is now the guardian.
There is no 24 hour cover and finding any one to help when there is a problem has proved a lengthy process for me.

Bouchra may be setting up a residents protection and maintenance programme, but meanwhile the rendering on the apartments if cracking and falling off in chunks.

I have scrubbed cement and paint off the hallways and stair case round my apartment, I
Have collected and burnt rubbish from the site, and pruned roses!

If it is posiible for us all do a little bit when we visit, things should improve!

Pam
#
Hi pam,

just to let you know that bab leftouh is littered with thieves and con men, and because i speak arabic people warned me to go to this place and they said we are lucky that our place is guarded because it could end up in ruin. I am very concerned that we don't have a 24 security at the moment, and i thing we should react as soon as possible, maybe ask sulaiman brother to find two trusworthy people to guard the place and pay them, we have a friend who is travelling soon there, i am going to ask him to find out about the situation and try to caontact sulaiman and his brother to advise us what to do, for sure we can find people as long as we pay good and this shouldn't be a problem, i am going there in July, and hopefully i can meet people and talk about this, but is good if we can try to arrange something soon. Do anybody knows if we still have a gardner or he also left?
lets pray that everything will ne fine,
best regards
seloua

R

rosiecot

guardians and security

Hi,

I understand your concerns re security. My solution has been to take out insurance on both the apartment and the contents. My holiday rental insurance costs about £125 a year for two bed apartments. As there are so few owners at present, I think the cost of 24 hour guardians may cost more than insurance!

There does not appear to be a gardener at present, but may be he will turn up again as spring growth appears! If we all do a little to improve the apartments and gardens, things can only improve. I spend a few hours weeding and dead heading roses when I visit and find it very relaxing!

Keep in touch,

Pam

U

um zineddine

Hi,

I understand your concerns re security. My solution has been to take out insurance on both the apartment and the contents. My holiday rental insurance costs about £125 a year for two bed apartments. As there are so few owners at present, I think the cost of 24 hour guardians may cost more than insurance!

There does not appear to be a gardener at present, but may be he will turn up again as spring growth appears! If we all do a little to improve the apartments and gardens, things can only improve. I spend a few hours weeding and dead heading roses when I visit and find it very relaxing!

Keep in touch,

Pam
Hi,
i believe it still very important that the place stay guarded, we paied so much money to have a place with swimming pool for us to use, now anyone can use it, and for sure they won't bother if it gets dirty and or the plants gets destroyed, to keep it at the standerd, we should pay for a package, a guardner a cleaner and security guard, we are all busy with our jobs and if anything happen we need to travel and solve the problem and this also cost money and time consuming, i would suggest to contact sulaiman brother and talk to him, we can agree to pay a certain amount each month and every time one of us goes there he can feed back, about how the palce is looked after, the only thing i am worried about is because we have moroccan locater, would they agree to pay if not how are we going to do? we men brain to help, anyone there?????????
salaam
seloua

I

ibn frederick

Hi I wanted to know what units are selling for, are they good apts. For some one with kids (kid freindly) any schools near by? And has any one got residence visa.how easy is it to get?? As I don't want to do visa runs
every 3 months to Spain .. Any info will be great

U

um zineddine

Hi I wanted to know what units are selling for, are they good apts. For some one with kids (kid freindly) any schools near by? And has any one got residence visa.how easy is it to get?? As I don't want to do visa runs
every 3 months to Spain .. Any info will be great
Hi,
let me talk about myself I have 4 kids, 16, 14,8 and 5 they love the place, and i love it too, but it's far from the town and if you don;t have a car you will struggle, espetialy when you do your shopping, in the future we were told that they are going to build a shopping mall, school and a clinique nearby,which i think it will be great and for sure there will be transport available, but at the moment is quite deserted, but we love it is relaxing and stress free, if you want to buy i think this the right time as they are selling the place cheaper than we bought it 3 years ago, funny!!!! sorry i can't advise about the visa, i only go there for holidays, max a month, maybe anyone else from the forum will help you further.
best of luck
seloua

G

guillaumetk

going there soon and a bit worried...

hello everyone,

I'm going there with my family in Two weeks time. (17th to 24 th of April) and from what I read, it doesn't look good. Well, I just sent a mail to Bouchra and hope she will reply very soon. I'll try to see her and ask if she can do something about the security and the gardener. I'll get back to you when I 'm there from an internet cafe to give you fresh news.

Well, I hope everything will be fine.

And did you see anything suspicious when you went there?(rosiecot)
Any broken windows or broken doors or anything?

Well, We'll see what we find...

talk to you soon

guillaume (block 3 app 40 ground floor)

G

guillaumetk

let's do something

If we want to do something about the security the maintenance and the gardening, we'd better do it very soon. I don't know if you agree but we should try to organize ourselves. We bought secured flat and we don't want to leave them unsecured. I will definitely try to meet Bouchra in two weeks, but if she doesn't want to do anything about it or if she can't, maybe we can ask some real estate companies around to see if they can do it. If you have any ideas, any people that you know in Fes and who could help they are more than welcome.

How many people that you know have a flat and is it possible to join them to talk about the co-owners association! Do you have any mail addresses? Phone numbers? Maybe you could send me yours so it's easier to solve problems, at least it is faster. Let's try to be as many as possible, so it will cost less money for everyone.

here's my mail: [email protected]

guillaume

Last edited:
J

joab

moroccan builder

:hmmmm2:
check the last posts

thx

guillaume
hi does anybody have any telephone numbers for this builder as i have paid him monies ahd not heard anything
also were is khaled touzani from what i can gather he is responsible for all this mess his phone is cut off i go to his office in tanger and he is never there
i have instructed my lawyer as this is theft but i need tele numbers of the actual builder
thx

G

guillaumetk

Hi,
i believe it still very important that the place stay guarded, we paied so much money to have a place with swimming pool for us to use, now anyone can use it, and for sure they won't bother if it gets dirty and or the plants gets destroyed, to keep it at the standerd, we should pay for a package, a guardner a cleaner and security guard, we are all busy with our jobs and if anything happen we need to travel and solve the problem and this also cost money and time consuming, i would suggest to contact sulaiman brother and talk to him, we can agree to pay a certain amount each month and every time one of us goes there he can feed back, about how the palce is looked after, the only thing i am worried about is because we have moroccan locater, would they agree to pay if not how are we going to do? we men brain to help, anyone there?????????
salaam
seloua
hello seloua ,

have a look at the last posts, please (can you send me your e-mail on my private mail)

hope to hear from you soon

guillaume