Sunset apartments, Fez

E

ellesbelles

sunset apartments

Hi there

I am new to this site and this forum. I am interested in any information anyone can provide about the development at Sunset Apartments. My boyfriend has purchased an apartment there for us (expected to complete very shortly) but we have found it quite difficult to find out information about how the development is progressing. We are planning a trip out there later this month but it would be really useful to know if anyone has had a recent trip and can report back, not only on the apartment blocks themselves but the resort in general?

I would be grateful for any information (with photos, if at all possible) so we can know roughtly what to expect when we get there...

Thanks very much.

Ellesbelles

G

guillaumetk

sunset appartments fes

Hello Ellesbelles,

I'm French and I just bought a flat in block 3 entrance C. The lady at Sunset properties told they were completed. They just had to finish a few paintings because the paint they first used was bad quality. Appart from that I didn't hear any problems. I saw a few pictures, but nothing really recent. I'm going there from the 15th to the 22nd of August to complete the transaction. I'm now opening an account with the BMCI. Very nice and fast for answering all my questions.

So maybe we'll meet someday there. As soon as I'll go there I will publish photos of the place and of the flats but if anyone goes there before August don't hesitate to send any fresh news.

guillaume

E

ellesbelles

Thanks for that encouraging response Guillaume. My boyfriend's agent is out there this week I believe, and we are hoping for a positive report upon his return - I will keep you posted!

Best regards.

E

ellesbelles

Quick update on Sunset apartments.

My boyfriend's agent was out there quite recently and for reasons we dont quite understand decided not to complete his various purchases at this time. Whether he will go on to do so I don't know, and it is not for me to speculate.

However, it has left us in a quandary. We are finding it difficult to get satisfactory responses from Sciroco - we have many questions as to how far along the development is now, not only the indivdual properties but also the communal areas. We do not know whether the development is currently in a fit state to use as a holiday home yet - we dont know whether builders are still on site, whether the pool etc is ready. If anyone can shed light we would be grateful.

We have temporarily postponed our inspection trip since there seems little point us going out so soon after the agent's visit, but we will no doubt have to make a decision fairly soon.

If anyone has any information I would be very grateful... this is turning into quite a stressful time!

R

rosiecot

Another Sunset apartment owner looking for contacts

hi, nice to hear from you i was hoping to get feedback from people who bought in fez too, but unfortunately people seem very busy, i bought appartment in sunset project, i like the place , i am going back in july with my husband and my kids, it is hard to say anything about the investment i am going to check the prices when i go there also see if it is easy to rent it out. I bought with siroco estate what about you? by the way we have to pay a service charge of £450 a year, until now we were not asked to pay a penny, i tried to contact siroco estate in fez, to have more information, but it is like contacting planet Mars. i am sure i am going more information when i come back from fez, good luck with you plans.
salaam
Hi, I was in Sunset apartments in Fez for three weeks in June 09.
This was my second stay having originally stayed in Jan 09 when it was a noisy building site with a few inhabited apartments. In Jan, we endured three weeks of very cold wet weather with no water and a temporary electrical connection. Windows did not catch, and sliding door locks broken.
Through out, The fittings are of inferior quality. To date, the developer has made no attempt to complete the snagging which was guaranteed to be finished by my Jan 09 stay.

In June, the apartments were tidied ang most building work finished.
The gardens have been landscaped, and young orange trees and palms have been planted. Rosemary and roses adorn the beds outside the front entrance.

The pools, initially part filled with green brackish water, were cleaned out and filled for me during my stay. The agent for Sunset apartments was very helpful and found plumbers electricians and carpenters to get snagging finished. The Guardian of the apartments was also charming and helpful.

However, I spent weeks cleaning floors and tiles of cement and paint that had been carelessly splashed about and repairing plaster damaged by damp. The developer is not prepared to do any more work, so the cost of snagging is down to me.

The petit taxi can only travel within the limits of Fez and not to the apartments.
To get to Fez involves a long walk and then a road side wait for a Grande Taxi with a spare seat.

At the end of the day, I am happy with my purchase as it cost less than a beach hut in the U.K. I just hadn't bargained for the exta cost and hastle in getting poor workmanship sorted.

E

ellesbelles

Thanks so much for the update - that is far more encouraging than the agent had led us to believe! To be fair, I dont know why he didn't complete, maybe it was nothing to do with the condition of the apartments, but as we haven't been out there ourselves for some time (in fact I haven't been at all)it left us curious...

Nice to know they are at least trying to finish it!

R

rosiecot

Quick update on Sunset apartments.

My boyfriend's agent was out there quite recently and for reasons we dont quite understand decided not to complete his various purchases at this time. Whether he will go on to do so I don't know, and it is not for me to speculate.

However, it has left us in a quandary. We are finding it difficult to get satisfactory responses from Sciroco - we have many questions as to how far along the development is now, not only the indivdual properties but also the communal areas. We do not know whether the development is currently in a fit state to use as a holiday home yet - we dont know whether builders are still on site, whether the pool etc is ready. If anyone can shed light we would be grateful.

We have temporarily postponed our inspection trip since there seems little point us going out so soon after the agent's visit, but we will no doubt have to make a decision fairly soon.

If anyone has any information I would be very grateful... this is turning into quite a stressful time!
Sunset Apartments in case you haven't read my observations!

Hi, I was in Sunset apartments in Fez for three weeks in June 09.
This was my second stay having originally stayed in Jan 09 when it was a noisy building site with a few inhabited apartments. In Jan, we endured three weeks of very cold wet weather with no water and a temporary electrical connection. Windows did not catch, and sliding door locks broken.
Through out, The fittings are of inferior quality. To date, the developer has made no attempt to complete the snagging which was guaranteed to be finished by my Jan 09 stay.

In June, the apartments were tidied ang most building work finished.
The gardens have been landscaped, and young orange trees and palms have been planted. Rosemary and roses adorn the beds outside the front entrance.

The pools, initially part filled with green brackish water, were cleaned out and filled for me during my stay. The agent for Sunset apartments was very helpful and found plumbers electricians and carpenters to get snagging finished. The Guardian of the apartments was also charming and helpful.

However, I spent weeks cleaning floors and tiles of cement and paint that had been carelessly splashed about and repairing plaster damaged by damp. The developer is not prepared to do any more work, so the cost of snagging is down to me.

The petit taxi can only travel within the limits of Fez and not to the apartments.
To get to Fez involves a long walk and then a road side wait for a Grande Taxi with a spare seat.

At the end of the day, I am happy with my purchase as it cost less than a beach hut in the U.K. I just hadn't bargained for the exta cost and hastle in getting poor workmanship sorted.

G

guillaumetk

trip to fez next week

Hello everyone! Just a reminder to tell you I'm going to Fez next week to complete the purchase of my flat with sunset properties. The lady at sunset will pick us up at the airport which I found very nice. She will take us to the flat and will give us the keys of the flat even if we haven't signed yet. She told us to change the locks in any case as everyone there could get the keys (workers and so on....). She also told us sunset properties was looking for another company to re-do the paintings in the flats!!! I'll see more to it when I get there. In any case I will keep you posted. I hope everything will go fine but the last messages I read were more encouraging.

guillaume

R

rosiecot

Good luck with every thing. Bouchra from sirocco estates is very helpful. The developer is not prepared to complete any further snagging once you have paid for your apartment. Try and keep a sum back until all work is conpleted!
Keep us posted!
rosiecot

G

guillaumetk

Good luck with every thing. Bouchra from sirocco estates is very helpful. The developer is not prepared to complete any further snagging once you have paid for your apartment. Try and keep a sum back until all work is conpleted!
Keep us posted!
rosiecot
Thanks! I had Bouchra on the phone many times and yes, she seems very helpful. But it might be difficult to keep a sum back. We'll see the flat on Saturday 15th and we have to sign on Monday 17th so that will leave us time to see if anything's wrong with the flat and the snaggings and maybe we'll be able to add a line or two in the contract if we need to on Monday. Well in any case I'll keep you posted. In what block do you have your flat? ours is in Block 3 entrance C. Flat n° 40 (the smallest one)

take care

guillaume

E

ellesbelles

This is really good news Guillaume - I hope the completion goes well. We too were hoping to complete this week, but it is proving difficult organising the travel etc.

R

rosiecot

Fez

Thanks! I had Bouchra on the phone many times and yes, she seems very helpful. But it might be difficult to keep a sum back. We'll see the flat on Saturday 15th and we have to sign on Monday 17th so that will leave us time to see if anything's wrong with the flat and the snaggings and maybe we'll be able to add a line or two in the contract if we need to on Monday. Well in any case I'll keep you posted. In what block do you have your flat? ours is in Block 3 entrance C. Flat n° 40 (the smallest one)

take care

guillaume
I bought apartment 1 in block 1, so I must have been one of the first buyers!
Try to insist that all snagging is done before you sign the deeds. The developer is not honouring promises. I have had to pay for snagging to be completed after the developer has ignored any outstanding work.

good to hear from you.
Pam

U

um zineddine

sunset appartment

I bought apartment 1 in block 1, so I must have been one of the first buyers!
Try to insist that all snagging is done before you sign the deeds. The developer is not honouring promises. I have had to pay for snagging to be completed after the developer has ignored any outstanding work.

good to hear from you.
Pam
Hi everyone,
nice to hear form you all, i am glad that more membes are joining in, this my second year of visiting the place, the garden looks beautiful, the pools were cleaned regularly or when asked , i stayed for one month, i enjoyed the place but i am quite concerned about the future of it, the cracks inside and outside the flat worries me, siroco estate, which by the way is not anymore the owner they sold it to a moroccon company, stated that the palce will be gated and guarded, i don't feel that is done properly or as it should be, we need to be sure that the place would be guarded all the time, until now the new company didn't ask for the service charges, which was £450 per year . for the new buyer, were you asked to pay a service charge? if yes then this company is intended to carry on the service provided, if not then we need to find out, eventhough i am not that optimistic, it is quite hard to get any information from them.

I love the place it is so nice but we need to find out more about the cracks maybe get all together get an expert to check it. is good that we all join together and be a force, we might be able to change or make them change things in our favor.
all the best and good luck everyone. seloua

E

ellesbelles

Hi there

Glad you are enjoying the apartment. We have still not yet completed... should be later this month.

I didnt know Siroco had sold out - who are the new owners now?

U

um zineddine

fez

Hi there

Glad you are enjoying the apartment. We have still not yet completed... should be later this month.

I didnt know Siroco had sold out - who are the new owners now?

Hi
the only thing I know is they are called sunset appartement, I haven't met anybody, only suliman on the site, and to tell you the truth once i bought my appartement if i needed anything the only person who helped was suliman, there is plenty of things that you need to change, i haven't done it myself because I wanted to relax this holiday with my kids, but we have to prepare a budget to bring the flat to a good standard. Have you seen the place before or only on plan?
seloua

R

rosiecot

some kind people in Fez not all they seem!

take care

guillaume
Just a word of warning to guys wanting to rent out their apartments.
I asked a local chap to arrange rental for me. He telephoned frequently to say he was getting bookings, and previously during my time in Fez he had been most kind and helpful so I felt comfortable with the situation.

A week ago I discovered that he was living at my apartment and the apartment was being used for immoral purposes. Thanks to Bouchra and Slimane, the situation has been rectified.

On a better note, the apartments are looking much better as the garden takes shape, and the pool is cleaned for use.

Attachments

U

um zineddine

Just a word of warning to guys wanting to rent out their apartments.
I asked a local chap to arrange rental for me. He telephoned frequently to say he was getting bookings, and previously during my time in Fez he had been most kind and helpful so I felt comfortable with the situation.

A week ago I discovered that he was living at my apartment and the apartment was being used for immoral purposes. Thanks to Bouchra and Slimane, the situation has been rectified.

On a better note, the apartments are looking much better as the garden takes shape, and the pool is cleaned for use.
hi
I am glad that everything has been solved for you, I tried to find agencies to rent my flat when i was there in July but it was not easy. anyway at least we enjoy the calm and the pure air when we go there, lets hope that we will have better chances to rent it out in the future.
seloua

U

um zineddine

sunset apprt

hi everyone,

have you been there or have had anyone fresh news from our place, please share it with us.
best regads
seloua

R

rosiecot

Hi all,

Just to sat that I shall be at the apartments in Fez for three weeks as from 8 th Feb.
Is any one else there then? Please look me up in either apartment 1 or 8 if you are there!

On travel to Fez, I have found a return journey with Easyjet for £30 to Marrakesh from Luton.
I will stay in a riad overnight (about 30 euros for a double room),and enjoy some relaxation in Marrakech before getting Supratours bus or the train to Fez.
It is a long journey, but cuts the fare down considerably. I will let you know how it goes!

Cheers,
Rosiecot