Sunset apartments, Fez

A

Arsim

Reinforcement

Salam everyone,
I just arrived from Fes last week end, 10 of June '12, after spending 10 days in the residence.
From what I saw, things are really improving in the residence and around:
- The pools are well maintained, the huge garden in front of the buildings and the one around the buildings are also kept tidy and clean, this mean that work is in progress during the day and a good part of the night by the two guardians, Zakaria is supervising almost each day. having said that, we however definitely need to have a well to keep the costs of pumped water at a reasonable price; to feel the pools from drinking water each week or so is inconceivable = 4x the cost of water from a well.
- I also think that within a year or two, at least a bus will be stopping in the neighborhood, a primary /secondary school will be open just adjacent to these huge buildings next to Sunset /Cordoba our residence, furthermore there are many residences and building who are at the first stage of constructions some are even almost achieved!
- There's also a small Pharmacy situated at the middle of these huge buildings = symbol is the GREEN CROISSANT, I talked to the owner he said to be open even late in the evening.
- The mosque is filling its duty on Fridays and each day, so there's a place for those seeking some rest and spirituality.
About reinforcing the borders around the walls of the ground floor flats.. I think it is needed and maybe even urgent many have had it done, by digging a trench of half a meter, fill it with stones and concrete and the job is done. Some had even put tales around, it all takes a day or two, cost 6 or 8 cement bags as well as same amount of sand. I don't think that water from the town or the pools is getting its way to the ''basements'' of these flats, I was there when those tranches were diged but saw no damage which may be due to water penetration. Having say that, we may look at this issue as a community matter than a particular one, it is anyway on the agenda of the community, actions will be taken to involve experts. The swimming pools definitely need refurbishment. Next to the monthly contribution per flat of a 100 dirham, a yearly contribution of 200 dirhams for general purposes has been decided by the committee last feb. I paid mine. We also want to give a new face that frontal garden by replanting the orange trees in circular patterns: orangerie with more trees. Any suggestions?
- One minus point though regarding things in the residence its self , is the fact that we now do have three dogs and a cued puppy (4 angel guardians in total). They all kind of sleep during the day, but may keep you a awake during a good part of the night, so take good 'ear blogs' .
- Another issue, which I'm personally fighting for, is to get the authorities so urgently possible to collect the rubbish in our area, now it’s part of the guardians job next to gardening and doing dialy cleaning around the residence --> to be followed....

Cheers,
Ismaël

Last edited:
B

benjelloun

New User

Hello everybody

My name is Med Benjelloun,i'm owner of appartment in Sunset residence in fez,I will be in the new community soon.

so for the moment,i would like to know owners of flats in the residence to can help them to know what happened in the residence and if everything is ok with them appartments.

i'm preparing a web page soon with pictures of the residence and also u can know in the website all the news of the residence and the community also.
hope to hear soon an answer from someone .

A

Arsim

I came back from Fes, where I stayed with my family for few days in October 2012, it was great!

By the way, there's a new member consolidating the community of owners: Araha, next to Zakaria (who's seems lately very busy with other things),this new guy is Si Mo (Mohammed) Ben Jelloun,
He's a good guy, very active and managing many things already, together with ''the teacher": Al Khammar in Cordoba /Sunset. Well the good news is that he speaks English!!
He lives at same building as Al Khammar, ground floor (=Last buildings direction West).

We 'all' met in October, about 7 people present owners at the moment, including Lynne, Salwa & Mohammed (couple from London),Zakaria, Si Mo Ben Jelloun, myself at Al khammar place, we discussed many of the issues, during 1 and 1/2 hour, and focused on resolving them at least put some actions in place to improve things or avoid some of the unpleasant one like:
- Communication: I asked kindly Si Mo to finalize the plan we had to design a Web site, in order to communicate with us: mostly with owners living abroad, this will be like a private platform for the co-owners --> work is in progress
- Finance: I asked the community both Si Mo and Al Khammar to work from now on, with an automated file (I made an Excel file) which will clearly and transparently overviewed all incoming and outgoing /spent money, when and how, it will keep track of balances etc. ---> work is in progress, it’s good to notice there’s a shortage of money for security!
- A bank account for the community, has been opened some months ago, we did not get the account number yet, because the bank see some legal issues with responsibilities and the accountability of a group of people, though Araha has a legal statue, the bank prefers to have one name instead of many, if we can't get this account which is very important for us (owners living abroad),we have to open one in the name of one active member, but then all the transactions will be transparent and could be reviewed by any of us at all time: from the web site for instance
- Security: as soon as it's dark and the street lights are switched on, the barrier will be closed, also extra steel wire and barriers have to be put in place, at Pamela's side --> we need to pay some extra, next to monthly contribution, like each year, so that we keep the property maintained: it is this annual contribution of 200Dirham less than 20euro
- General rules do exist, but co-owners need to see more practical an accurate rules, like guardians tasks, curfew hours, use of the pools by whom and when etc. So this must be drafted, agreed on by most owners and communicated.
- Maintenance, we will hire in the coming few weeks a structural architect, who will look at the foundations of the buildings, and will issue a report. --> actions will be then taken.
- Guardians role will also be, keeping and eye on the general water meters, electric meters, if RADEEF comes to cut off elc. or water, they won't be able to do so, community members have then to intervene, by either paying the bills or at least and warn the owner to pay his /her bills etc.

Please communicate us your address at least your e-mail and phone number where we can reach you in case. [email protected]

Salam, Ismael

Last edited:
R

rosiecot

Relocating funds following apartment sale

Hi folks,
Can any one help with my problem?
Perhaps it is some thing we all need to look in to.

I bought my apartment off plan from SIROCCO Estates, using Mark Wilkinson, director.

I SOLD MY APARTMENT In May 2012, following a disastrous rental (FEZNEW) where French tenants Christoph and family rented my apartment for 13 months and left owing 13 months rent and also £700 for water and electricity.

My total loss on the sale and furnishings was £15000. It has proved a terrible investment. I am still having to pay the mortgage as the money has not been transferred

Now, 7 months later, I am still unable to repatriate my money from my Moroccan
Bank to the U.K. I have spent months trying to get all the documents together for my bank, but the missing link is SIROCCO ESTATES who seem to have gone out of business. I cannot prove that all money sent to them was paid to Notaire SEKKAT.
Until I can do this, I can't get my money transferred to the UK.

This is an enormous worry as I have a second apartment bought at the same time.
I will have the same problem if I decide to sell this one.

Is any one able to help with names, telephone or email addresses of sirocco estates or Mark Wilkinson. May be the money was paid not to the Notaire, but to the Developer.
Perhaps one of you is having a similar problem?

Rosiecot

B

benjelloun

Website sunset fez

Hi
I am pleased to inform all owners of the residence sunset fez especially residing abroad or in another city in Morocco that there's now a new website residence sunset fez for everyone can see what is happening in residence and also send us by email any suggestions for the good of our residence. thank you

A

Arsim

Hi
I am pleased to inform all owners of the residence sunset fez especially residing abroad or in another city in Morocco that there's now a new website residence sunset fez for everyone can see what is happening in residence and also send us by email any suggestions for the good of our residence. thank you
Hi eveybody, here's The LINK to the newly created community website of co-owners Sunset /Cordoba in Fes
sunsetfez - Accueil
Excellent work Si Mo

Greetings Ismael

Last edited:
A

aderu

Any updates ?

Hi folks,
Can any one help with my problem?
Perhaps it is some thing we all need to look in to.

I bought my apartment off plan from SIROCCO Estates, using Mark Wilkinson, director.

I SOLD MY APARTMENT In May 2012, following a disastrous rental (FEZNEW) where French tenants Christoph and family rented my apartment for 13 months and left owing 13 months rent and also £700 for water and electricity.

My total loss on the sale and furnishings was £15000. It has proved a terrible investment. I am still having to pay the mortgage as the money has not been transferred

Now, 7 months later, I am still unable to repatriate my money from my Moroccan
Bank to the U.K. I have spent months trying to get all the documents together for my bank, but the missing link is SIROCCO ESTATES who seem to have gone out of business. I cannot prove that all money sent to them was paid to Notaire SEKKAT.
Until I can do this, I can't get my money transferred to the UK.

This is an enormous worry as I have a second apartment bought at the same time.
I will have the same problem if I decide to sell this one.

Is any one able to help with names, telephone or email addresses of sirocco estates or Mark Wilkinson. May be the money was paid not to the Notaire, but to the Developer.
Perhaps one of you is having a similar problem?

Rosiecot

Hello
Do you have any updates ??? Did you sort your issue ????

T

Tom Caliban

Hello,

I think that the address of Sirocco Estate is in Spain: avenida Ramon y Cajal 41, edificacion Pauli, near Malaga at Fuengirola. The informed phone numbers of Mark Wilkinson (moderated)

Last edited by a moderator: