Suggestions Please

B

beenthere

Please don't hijack this thread with your petty arguments, if you want that, start your own thread.

For those that appear not to have read the initial post of this thread :

In other words : please stay on topic.

This site is like many others, lots of people gassing, plenty of quantity and very little QUALITY.

For anyone who can add anything relevant, I look forward to reading your replies and / or communicating via PM.
So you have written 8 posts of no value on this forum and now you are complaining that you aren't getting any free advice from the members of this forum. LOL

N

No_Bull***t

So you have written 8 posts of no value on this forum and now you are complaining that you aren't getting any free advice from the members of this forum. LOL
Actually I have not complained, merely pointed out how the thread has gone off topic, and FYI I have received some quite useful advice from members here - but thankyou for your helpful addition to the thread, I am glad you were able to understand my request for relevance.

You have a current count of 153 posts (just re reading the posting and thinking about my comments on quality),well I haven't the time to go through yours and rate them for content and I'm sure we would differ on that total but the reason for my post is that I haven't been to Brazil yet, I do have an idea of what I am after but wouldn't consider pushing my opinion onto others so my point of visiting this forum is to gain as much info as possible prior to going - are you saying that this is wrong of me ? Perhaps I should change tactics and spend time pushing property that I have never seen instead (this comment is not meant to imply anything about 'beenthere' as I haven't read any of his/her other posts).

If you stopped to think why some people do not post very much you would realise it is because of the amount of bull5hit, bickering, silly arguments and also really helpful posts like yours !

As I have said to some of the people I have communicated with from this forum, when I go and figure out what deals appeal to me, I'll have done much of the leg work and will be happy to pass that information on, following on from this - but not aimed at those individuals that I would most like to hear from i.e. those with actual personal experience of buying and ideally selling - perhaps it would be worth thinking about (given the change in climate, supply of money, unwillingness of people to believe all the hype etc) : if you could sell to me, how many other customers would you find ? - I assume this approach is too difficult when there is so much easy money around.

beenthere: Posts of a similar nature to your last one will be ignored.

Finally, to EVERYONE (including beenthere),
santa2.gif
Have a great Christmas and try and enjoy at least some of it away from the keyboard.

debzor

debzor

Please don't hijack this thread with your petty arguments, if you want that, start your own thread.

This site is like many others, lots of people gassing, plenty of quantity and very little QUALITY.

For anyone who can add anything relevant, I look forward to reading your replies and / or communicating via PM.

Are you just looking at Natal or would you consider elsewhere in NE Brazil?

N

No_Bull***t

Are you just looking at Natal or would you consider elsewhere in NE Brazil?
I would consider any locations - what are you thinking, have you bought/sold or are you currently considering something ?

debzor

debzor

I would consider any locations - what are you thinking, have you bought/sold or are you currently considering something ?
I will send you my email address by pm (private message); if you contact me we can discuss further. Regards.

M

MarikaAR

Ceara has largely been untapped by the UK market with mostly Europeans and Americans investing in Fortaleza and surrounding areas.

W

wolfgang

You sure about that Chris? I sent you a pm and have received no response.

N

No_Bull***t

You sure about that Chris? I sent you a pm and have received no response.
For info to others: After having PM´d you, I received your email, indicating that there would be more info on your development at the end of next month, so there was no need for urgency on my part.

As I said earlier, the opinions of people who are not agents ideally is what I am after.

Regards,

Chris

C

cwashiii

No Bull, it might help if you give him a percentage as far as what type of return you would like. If it was me, I would ask for an investment with a minimum Cap Rate of 10%. In plain english your dollar or Euro investment would return a minimum 10% return. In evaluating any income-producing property that you buy the your desired Cap Rate should be one of the main points in determining if you will purchase the property regardless of the price.

M

musicman

Yes I am interested,I also have brought in Fortaleza,read all info etc.....but when I got there it was totally different,roads so bad,no sign of growth.
Now the developers want just under half the price of purchase for furniture.Also not much English,I am wondering if it was a wise move to buy there.
I am interested to hear how others have done.
Peter

G

growler

I have never been to Ceara but personally I prefer the areas around Joao Pessoa (Paraiba) over Natal. It is greener and more attractive.

I believe it is also a great place to invest too. Over the past 3 years the area has shown many signs of growth. For example, near JP a massive conference centre is being built to attract businesses from all over Brazil.

On a more "local" level, even in the resort towns of Carapibus/Tabatinga there are a number of condos under constructions, many new individual houses and many of the shops and Realtors in Jacuma are being refurbished (alway a good sign).

Even Praia Bela (10-15 minutes from Jacuma) which is a beautiful place is experiencing massive growth with at least 3 new condos being built, a new Pousada (B&B) almost finished and the possibility of a hotel soon. Summer/holidays visitor numbers are up from around 20-30 a day 3 yrs ago to 500-1,000 now.

There are certainly many more foreigners visiting the aforementioned areas now and they are also very popular with the Brazilian market. There have been many occasions when all of the many Pousadas have been full. (There are several new Pousadas under construction now including a couple of large ones).

So, another place for investors to consider when looking at Brazil.....and no, I am not an agent.

S

Stephen Naish

Investment

If you are looking for a real return, in terms of capital growth and real rental return, then invest in a property in Joao Pessoa, first or second line. You have the infrastructure associated with a resort on your doorstep, fantastic beaches and a real holiday and long term rental market.

I know numerous people who have made very good returns investing in this location.