Suggestions needed in my first Dubai investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HaiderAli

Hello all,

I would like to invest in Dubai, as I just came from there and it seems that there is a good rental yield. Looking to buy a freehold property, so I and my family get the visa their but looking to rent the property after it has been completed. I have around 500-600K AED. Looking to find some property via web and then visiting the Dubai within a week or two to finalize things but I am just not sure what to do?

Mostly, there are Studios available in my budget there are very few 1 b/r available as well. What do you suggest, what to pick, as you can understand that 1 b/r will not be in a good area incomparison with the studio? What do you guyz suggests, as my basic aim is to rent it out. What will go fast and what is easy?

One more suggestion needed, I have been looking quite a few areas and I am not sure what are the best areas to invest in, can someone please get it in sequence for me, so I can prioritize my purchase.

Jumeirah Village South
Dubai Sports City
International City (Let me know, which is the best one, there are few in England, Spain and China that are in my range)
Dubai Land
Dubai Investment Park
Dubai Silicon Oasis
Dubai Lagoon

Thank you all in advance. I will really look forward to your honest responses and suggestions. Thank you very much.

D

dreamsofburj

in my opinion they are all very good, my theory is that the 'more green areas' will be slightly better then 'the concret jungle'. my research had just begun in finding 'those green areas' it would be nice to live where there is nice green gardens to relax at, in the hot desert!

H

HaiderAli

Thanks a lot dreamsofburj,

Can someone please list those green areas from my list? Sorry, I don't have much knowledge about the geography of Dubai...? Sorry..

And dreamsofburj,

Any suggestion about 1 bed or studio?

D

dreamsofburj

you are welcome HaiderAli, we are in the same boat at the moment. i am looking for similar properties but for different reasons. in my opinion lagoon is the greenest being near the creek and nature reserved areas but i may be wrong. its difficult to find properties at good price, any agents on this forum willing to suggest something?

H

HaiderAli

Thanks again for your reply... Looking to hear from other peoples as well.

H

HaiderAli

Anyways dreamsofburj, by lagoon do you mean Dubai Lagoon? That is near to the Dubai investment park?

M

mpat

With your budget , it looks that studio will be good enough.
Green areas means there should not be total concrete buildings but there should be enough open space for parks , community etc.Here is my choice as per that :
Dubai Sports City
Dubai Lagoon
Dubai Land
Jum village
Dub silicon oasis
Inv park
Int city

I m not an agent, just know all these becos I invested here .

H

HaiderAli

how about JLT and Marina?:rolleyes:
Unfortunately, out of my budget..

I do have Cash available - So, I don't want to go and stuck with finance and remain in my budget.

mpat, thanks a lot for your reply.

Just a quick question, do you think DSC will be easy to rent out?

P

paul1970

With your budget, you can think of low budgeted International city. The future Bur Dubai/ Karama.

You can rent it in 2-3 weeks and can have 50000 Dhs for 1BR and 40000 Dhs for studio. A yield of 8% ( detucting maintenance & service charges).

You get your cash flow right after investment.

Paul

I

Investy

Mmmmmmm, so tons of new build appartments in towns and cities accross the UK sit empty in idle splendour without tenants despite the fact we are constantly told thier is a lack of property. Ive seen flash appartment blocks empty for 3 years around Woolwich and London City airport to name but 2 London zones.

What specific factors demonstrate this wont happen in Dubai?

Imagine you get the keys tomorrow, Who exactly will you let to? Dont forget all those investors into UK vity centres that were told letting was no problem as tenant demand was so high.

Before you answer, keep in mind the UK has had a decade of mass immigration and a so called property shortage.

D

Demoniise

Hi INvesty

So where would you recommend investing? which country

W

Wannaberich

Do your research.Read the threads on www. skyscrapercity.c om. Loads of info there.
Personally I've invested at Silicon Oasis.What I consider to be the dark horse of Dubai.Lots of companies moving there so easy to rent.Just do your research.

H

HaiderAli

No scope in DSC?? Can someone please share their knowledge?

F

faisal

Hi guys,
I think that if you are looking for a Rental than the international City is the one as the Product is ready to possess , other wise if you are looking for an Investment i think the sports city will give you a good return.

H

HaiderAli

Faisal,

Thank you for your suggestion.. Actually, I have changed my mind a slight.. Looking for an investment at the moment and most probably then renting it out in couple of years when things are ready in there.

R

Roshan

Hello all,

I would like to invest in Dubai, as I just came from there and it seems that there is a good rental yield. Looking to buy a freehold property, so I and my family get the visa their but looking to rent the property after it has been completed. I have around 500-600K AED. Looking to find some property via web and then visiting the Dubai within a week or two to finalize things but I am just not sure what to do?

Mostly, there are Studios available in my budget there are very few 1 b/r available as well. What do you suggest, what to pick, as you can understand that 1 b/r will not be in a good area incomparison with the studio? What do you guyz suggests, as my basic aim is to rent it out. What will go fast and what is easy?

One more suggestion needed, I have been looking quite a few areas and I am not sure what are the best areas to invest in, can someone please get it in sequence for me, so I can prioritize my purchase.

Jumeirah Village South
Dubai Sports City
International City (Let me know, which is the best one, there are few in England, Spain and China that are in my range)
Dubai Land
Dubai Investment Park
Dubai Silicon Oasis
Dubai Lagoon

Thank you all in advance. I will really look forward to your honest responses and suggestions. Thank you very much.
Haider,

Have you thought of taking leverage ( bank finance ) on your first investment. If you haven't you should to a certain extent instead of putting all your money. Is Dhs 500 to 600 K all that you have ??

Studios, you are restricting yourself to bachelors mostly. If you can, try out a 1 BDR. 1 BDR could be open to bachelors as well as small families.

Dubai is developing a city within a city concept, meaning that people will probably walk and not have to travel to work.

Jumeirah Village South - Good for community living.

Dubai Sports City - Sports lovers paradise supposedly and good for short term rentals.

International City (England, Spain and France are good I am told)

Dubai Silicon Oasis ( A volcano waiting to erupt - OR - did it erupt while I was not in town LOL )

Dubai Lagoon - Leasehold and has it's own beauty. Would go for freehold, given a choice.

Conclusion : Do your research and correspond with developers / agents and then come down.

Good luck.

Regards

Roshan

I

Investy

Hi INvesty

So where would you recommend investing? which country

Mediterrenean Morocco, especially the Government mega resorts under whats know as the 'Plan Azure' umbrella. Ive invested in the first of these called Saidia which HAS NO COMPETITION FROM ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE MED.

Its the same flight time as Southern Spain but you get a lot more for your money. Many premiership footballers investing in Saidia - it really is a one off.

H

HaiderAli

Haider,

Have you thought of taking leverage ( bank finance ) on your first investment. If you haven't you should to a certain extent instead of putting all your money. Is Dhs 500 to 600 K all that you have ??

Studios, you are restricting yourself to bachelors mostly. If you can, try out a 1 BDR. 1 BDR could be open to bachelors as well as small families.

Dubai is developing a city within a city concept, meaning that people will probably walk and not have to travel to work.

Jumeirah Village South - Good for community living.

Dubai Sports City - Sports lovers paradise supposedly and good for short term rentals.

International City (England, Spain and France are good I am told)

Dubai Silicon Oasis ( A volcano waiting to erupt - OR - did it erupt while I was not in town LOL )

Dubai Lagoon - Leasehold and has it's own beauty. Would go for freehold, given a choice.

Conclusion : Do your research and correspond with developers / agents and then come down.

Good luck.

Regards

Roshan
Thanks a lot Roshan, for your time replying my post.. Yes, I have 600K AED only cash available.. And not interested in Mortgage, what do you suggest?? Interest would be an extra load and actually, I don't know its procedure as well.

Anyways, do you think 1bed will be worth buying? As I have been told on this forum, that families need atleast 2 beds (one for the childrens and one for the parents).. So, one bed is not of much use.. Either go for a studio or a two bed... Anyways Roshan, if you had given a choice to invest, where do you invest? And what? 1 bed? Let me know. Thank you very much.. :)

Anyways, I have a studio offer in JLT for 550K AED, worth it? Let me know. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.