Studio or 1 , 2 bedroom apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave99

Investment only - has to be 2 studios

All other things being equal the having two of something give more flexibilty / options so has to be best.

However relying on rentals in the next year or so is not a good idea.

When will the studios be ready for use.

R

redangel7861

All other things being equal the having two of something give more flexibilty / options so has to be best.

However relying on rentals in the next year or so is not a good idea.

When will the studios be ready for use.

Dave,

Rental will be a bonus. I have a five year plan and am more looking towards capital appreciation. The development is at pre-launch stage and due to be completed in the summer of 09.

crombiestone

crombiestone

Again I must stress the question is whether a 2 bed or 2 studio's not studio's vs 1 bed. In my experience studio's have been easier to rent or sell than 1 bed's, again ,that is my opinion only.
I was only trying to help. :confused:

In El Gouna they redeveloped a lot of their plans because studios just weren't selling ,turning them into one and 2 bed apts.

Just my opinion on an open forum which may also be of use to others who read it .

R

redangel7861

I was only trying to help. :confused:

In El Gouna they redeveloped a lot of their plans because studios just weren't selling ,turning them into one and 2 bed apts.

Just my opinion on an open forum which may also be of use to others who read it .
Crombie.

I valued your input and appreciate it. Again, two one beds is something I did consider, but the cost was much higher than two studio's. You've made a valid point and one which I appreciated.

Rgds
RED

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
I think that the bottom line is that studios are the 'entry level' product and are more affordable to those getting on the ladder either as property owners or overseas investors. One reason may be that studios in El Gouna would always have been above the 'entry level' price and El Gouna now is more of as 'lifestyle' purchase for people who can afford it.The same will apply to Sahl Hasheesh and other beachfront Resort communities.

R

redangel7861

I think that the bottom line is that studios are the 'entry level' product and are more affordable to those getting on the ladder either as property owners or overseas investors. One reason may be that studios in El Gouna would always have been above the 'entry level' price and El Gouna now is more of as 'lifestyle' purchase for people who can afford it.The same will apply to Sahl Hasheesh and other beachfront Resort communities.
Peter.

Good point. THe location of this build is beach and sea front, so I presume it won't be long before it moves from a investment criteria to a lifestyle criteria.

This will bode well for future re-sales and capital appreciation. I have noticed that there are few actual beachfront developments in Hurghada, mainly because it's difficult to acquire beachfront land. Any development that is actually on the beachfront will command a premium over developments that are not.

D

distant dreamer

Hi

On one of the other sites I visit that deal purely with rentals, I asked the question before we purchased in El Gouna. This was the reply I got:
"There seems to be some consensus here that small units have a higher percentage return. That is certainly our experience: we have a studio, a 2 bed & a 3 bed property. Per person rental income is far higher in the studio than in the 2 bed .... & in the 2 bed than in the 3 bed"

Hope that helps

R

redangel7861

Hi

On one of the other sites I visit that deal purely with rentals, I asked the question before we purchased in El Gouna. This was the reply I got:
"There seems to be some consensus here that small units have a higher percentage return. That is certainly our experience: we have a studio, a 2 bed & a 3 bed property. Per person rental income is far higher in the studio than in the 2 bed .... & in the 2 bed than in the 3 bed"

Hope that helps
DD,

Thanks....that's great to hear.

Rgds
RED

C

cin7166

I stopped using hotel rooms years ago as I prefer to rent apartments so would not rent a studio, expecially if I travel with a friend, not so bad if I travel with my boyfriend. For me with a friend, I prefer to have a separate room to sleep, so I usually go for a one bed where one sleeps on sofa in living area and one in the bedroom or even a two bed. All because I hate having to wake up when they do, go to bed when they do, listen to snoring etc.

M

Mark .Y.

Again, I really do appreciate the input I am getting here. Rivermead your idea about a connecting door to the rooms is a great one and will cater for all markets, i.e. I can market it as a two 1 bed studio's or one 2 bed apartment when it comes to rental or selling the property depending on how the market is at the time, so that offers me great flexibility. Again thanks that's a great idea one that I will discuss with the developer.

Again I must stress the question is whether a 2 bed or 2 studio's not studio's vs 1 bed. In my experience studio's have been easier to rent or sell than 1 bed's, again ,that is my opinion only.
Red,
I'm getting more confused here. My understanding is a studio has no separate bedroom so how can you rent 2 adjoining studios as a 2 bed apartment. They will simply be two inter-connected large spaces.
I would certainly be very unhappy if I had rented what I believed to be a 2 bed apartment and when I got there I found it was 2 inter-connected studios.
More to think about !!!!!!!!!

Mark .Y.

R

redangel7861

Red,
I'm getting more confused here. My understanding is a studio has no separate bedroom so how can you rent 2 adjoining studios as a 2 bed apartment. They will simply be two inter-connected large spaces.
I would certainly be very unhappy if I had rented what I believed to be a 2 bed apartment and when I got there I found it was 2 inter-connected studios.
More to think about !!!!!!!!!

Mark .Y.
Dear All.

Your opinions have been much valued and as a consequence I have changed my mind with regards to the studios.

I will now reduce the number of studio's I am purchsing and replace them with larger 1 bed apartments. So in summary I will be purchasing the same total sqm at the same total cost and purchasing larger 1 bedroom apartments instead of the smaller studios.

AGAIN ADVICE FROM ALL HAS BEEN VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

Regards
RED

Last edited:
crombiestone

crombiestone

1 bedroom - £31,500 - £42,000 (45m2 – 60m2)

RED
42K for a 60 m2 apartment seems high for Hurghada .Only a few months ago Golf West El Gouna off plan were not much more than this (46K-50K),though they may me more now ( it depends on demand and currency fluctuations) . I know you state that the finish will be the best in Hania but when it comes to resale is it better to be the mosy expensive in a poorer area or the cheapest in an expensive one ?

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
42K for a 60 m2 apartment seems high for Hurghada .Only a few months ago Golf West El Gouna off plan were not much more than this (46K-50K),though they may me more now ( it depends on demand and currency fluctuations) . I know you state that the finish will be the best in Hania but when it comes to resale is it better to be the mosy expensive in a poorer area or the cheapest in an expensive one ?
pricesin ElGouna now much more than this

R

redangel7861

Crombie.

Again yours and realestate's input is much appreciated.

I think location is a very important factor. There are not many developments in Hurghada than can boast frontline beach and sea views. If the developers are going to unveil at lauch what they've promised then the location along with the quality will sell itself.

Again all comments welcome.

Regards
Red

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Red - I personally think your re - think is a wise move. Alot of families travel to the redsea.

We are a family - only 1 teenager at home now. We would have personally preferred a 2 bedroom but had to make do with 1 bed 55 sq m with garden due to financial reasons.

We felt that a one bedroom will meet our needs and our daughter will just have to make do with the sofa bed in the lounge. She will still be able to bring a friend as the apartment will sleep 4.

Whenever we go to a hotel we have to make do with sharing one room which is not ideal when the children are growing up as they need a little space as do the parents. If we go for two rooms in a hotel the cost is horrendous especially if it is just the 3 of us because then we are hit with under occupancy in her room.

We believe that a 1 bedroom will be easier to rent out ( if we decide to ) to our families and friends.

We also considered the top apartment with private roof for the same price as our ground floor with garden but decided against this.

A couple of reasons - no lift so you have to carry all the luggage up the stairs, air con seems to be more expensive when not on the ground floor and also safety as we have a young grandson and we felt we could safely play in our private walled garden - there is no gate so the only way he can get out and have access to the pool is to come back in the apartment and out through the front door.

Sorry - going off topic a little.

Regards

Alison

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Red picking up on a comment which was made yesterday you could think about a one bed apartment with a studio next door, with an adjoining door. When opened up this makes a great two bed unit for a family or you can lock off one or the other and rent out either a one bed or a studio. Best of all worlds!

R

redangel7861

Hi Red - I personally think your re - think is a wise move. Alot of families travel to the redsea.

We are a family - only 1 teenager at home now. We would have personally preferred a 2 bedroom but had to make do with 1 bed 55 sq m with garden due to financial reasons.

We felt that a one bedroom will meet our needs and our daughter will just have to make do with the sofa bed in the lounge. She will still be able to bring a friend as the apartment will sleep 4.

Whenever we go to a hotel we have to make do with sharing one room which is not ideal when the children are growing up as they need a little space as do the parents. If we go for two rooms in a hotel the cost is horrendous especially if it is just the 3 of us because then we are hit with under occupancy in her room.

We believe that a 1 bedroom will be easier to rent out ( if we decide to ) to our families and friends.

We also considered the top apartment with private roof for the same price as our ground floor with garden but decided against this.

A couple of reasons - no lift so you have to carry all the luggage up the stairs, air con seems to be more expensive when not on the ground floor and also safety as we have a young grandson and we felt we could safely play in our private walled garden - there is no gate so the only way he can get out and have access to the pool is to come back in the apartment and out through the front door.

Sorry - going off topic a little.

Regards

Alison

Hi Alison - hope you are well.

Again, I received a lot of valuable ideas on this thread, which helped me to change my mind to the 1 bed option. Studios are great but tend to give you less privacy as many have stated, where as a good one size bed can accomadate upto 4 people if a sofa bed is put in the living area. SO as many have stated this provides a lot of options and flexibility in terms of rental options.

Kind Regards
RED

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Red - will you go for the ground or topfloor options or is it still too early to make a decision. Sorry if you have discussed this before.

There is so much to consider - our 1st thought was yes go for the top floor with sea and mountain views but on reflection we changed our minds. But as an investor do you think the top floor would be better - even if no lift was available. We also had this to consider as father in law may want to visit and is disabled.

R

redangel7861

Hi Red - will you go for the ground or topfloor options or is it still too early to make a decision. Sorry if you have discussed this before.

There is so much to consider - our 1st thought was yes go for the top floor with sea and mountain views but on reflection we changed our minds. But as an investor do you think the top floor would be better - even if no lift was available. We also had this to consider as father in law may want to visit and is disabled.
Hi Alison.

As an investor I've always believed the higher you are the better, mainly becaue the higher up you are the better views you get.

But as a lifestyle issue you have to think about practicality, and ground floor is obviously better with regards to gaining access to your apartment.

Rgds
RED

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Red - I agree - If it was just for hubby and I to use then we would have defo gone for the top floor for the same price as the ground floor but only if it had a pool. But another reason why we bought ground is because we do like to sit around the pool and because it is so hot we keep nipping in and out of the pool. It will also be easier to do loo runs etc and getting cold drinks as our apartment is right next to the pool. Dont think I could stand keep going up and done those stairs in the heat!!
Hubby would have been the ' runner ' Im afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.