ad

Student Accomodation secondary market

M

Mr Abraham Ashraf

Hi

I am looking at alternatives to buy to let for my property portfolio. I've looked into student accommodation but don't fully understand exit strategy on this investment. Can anyone help me understand whether for these investments (on which it seems no bank is willing to lend on) there are buyers out there?

Thank you

F

FWL

Are you looking at purpose built modern student accommodation which can house many people with shared facilities or traditional HMOs?

Which banks have you tried so far?

M

Mr Abraham Ashraf

I am looking at PBSA where most developers quote a guaranteed return for a period of time.

I have not tried any banks so far. But I understand from brokers that banks wouldn't lend on these purchases.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Many developers will have a mortgage offer in place for potential investors - have you asked?

M

Mr Abraham Ashraf

Ok thank you. I havent asked so far, ill call them and ask..

P

PostBrexitInvestor

If they dont have a formal mortgage service they should be able to point you in the right direction.

L

lookinginvest

Are there any restricitons in the purchase contract? Get an expert to look it over for you.

D

diyhelp

You should get all legal documents looked over before you sign them.

M

Mr Abraham Ashraf

Yes thank you all for the replies.

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

R

realdeals

From what I gather the exit strategy is to build up the rental income and sell on a multiple of the income. The alternative, to switch to a different type of property vehicle, would likely involve significant outlay on redevelopment.

M

maureenowaters

The best student accommodation in Dubai and starting price range.