Storage unit solution

T

tomtomy

Hi guys, My home renovation is going on and I'm the only one here to handle everything. I have a doubt to clear and I hope someone here could help me.
Did anyone have their home renovation work recently? Then what did you do with your furniture and appliances in the home? Do you need to build a temporary shed to store these or have you rented a self-storage unit? Which one is more secure to keep things easy. The work started already, so I need it to make it fast. Please let me know if anyone has experienced the same situation.

D

Dora Wi

When there were renovations in my home we just shifted the furniture from one room to the other, but from your question I assume that's not possible for you. I think renting a storage unit would be safer than a shed, but that also depends on how safe the area is where you live.

D

DeniseDArteaga

Find self storage units nearby, search for local businesses known as storage facilities to provide customers with a variety of storage spaces in the form of storage lockers or storage units.

T

tomtomy

Hi all, Thank you guys for your valuable response. I have been receiving some positive feedback on self-storage units from my friends also. Following your comments, I am ensured that considering my present scenario self-storage unit will be the best option available. Even though I am a little concerned about the insurance coverage policy of these self-storage units. Maybe I will do some research on it before selecting a nearby unit.

Thank you again for guiding me through.

J

Justin D

My house was constructed seven years ago, and I haven't renovated it till last year. As a result, I decided to have it repainted because my house was looking a little dull. When I contacted a contractor, he requested to move all of the appliances and furniture out of the way so that they could do their work without causing any inconvenience. We didn't have a shed or any temporary storage facility to keep everything safe, so it was challenging. That's when the contractor advised homeowners to store their items in a storage unit while the repair was being done, and based on his experience, he recommended a storage unit. Despite my safety concerns, I gave it some thought and eventually relocated my items to the storage unit as he suggested. Now I feel fine with my decision.

M

Molera

I recently renovated my house. But I realized that if I started to do everything at once, I would have the same problem as you have now. So we started doing repairs one room at a time. But the biggest problem is renovating the bathroom. I didn't know what could be done there so beautifully. At https://planner5d.com/blog/cSZG/55-sublime-small-bathroom-design-ideas:-best-remodeling-tips-and-layouts, I chose an idea that I liked and the guys who did my renovation finalized it. I am already in anticipation of what the end result will be. But renting a storage space is better.

Last edited:
J

JanetGMc

Yes Renting out storage space is way better! Cause you can store your furniture and valuable things and carry on the renovation process without the fear of damaging anything. So in that sense