Sports City vs. City of Arabia (Dubailand)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LaCasta

Which one is a better investment if you want to rent it out for a few years until it appreciates?

Sports city is good because some of the buildings will be complete soon, but it seems like you good get a higher rental yield from something in city of arabia

M

mpat

Rental yields depend mainly on the 2 factors,Location and community.Location should be something easy to reach work places , leisure ,shopping , hospitals,schools and airports.and Community should be well maintained and decent.not crowded like most parts of Shj , dubai.Here both location are very perfect in terms of competing in those 2 factors. But I feel SC will have a bit of upper hand since it will be ready earlier.rest both factors you should decide based on your understanding.

L

LaCasta

It seems like there is too many good options, that is the problem. Both city of arabia and sports city seem promising. I haven't heard of delays in city of arabia as I have about sports city though

M

mpat

Good , But at present construction is ahead and going faster in Sports city as compared with COA.

W

Wannaberich

I'm not sure if Sports City will be that successful inless those stadiums are used for regular world class events.I havent read of any upcoming events once they are completed.Anyone else?

F

fws

It's a fair way off completion so there are unlikely to be events organised yet.

L

LaCasta

Thanks for the replies,

I don't want to start another whole thread, but I think I have narrowed it down to City of Arabia, or Jumeirah Village South. This investment would be to possibly rent out and then eventually for me and my family to live in.

Pros of City of Arabia:

Many attractions, Mall of Arabia

Con:

Seems like the prices are already getting high

Pros of JVS:

Very close to Emirates Hills and very expensive areas. From my experience in real estate, this tends to make prices go up. The prices there are very reasonable as well.

M

mpat

I'm not sure if Sports City will be that successful inless those stadiums are used for regular world class events.I havent read of any upcoming events once they are completed.Anyone else?
Hi
I read the news that they are organising a golf championship in a fw months time and in Oct 08 the cricket stadium is going to be ready and an international level cricket tournament is being held up there. Of course this is very initial information and might get changed a bit here or there.I am sure that they are going to bid for OLYMPICS and Cricket world cups once the stadiums are ready.for cricket they have an upper hand that ICC head office is coming here,they have already stadiums in abu dhabi and sharjah to co host the mega event.

C

Crazywolf

Originally Posted by DoBuy

I think that the 2016 Olympics is what they are banking on here. Also there is The Manchester United Training Academy is going to be there also.

D

dpc

I think JVS is a great investment and La Castas pro's for JVS are spot on "Very close to Emirates Hills and very expensive areas. From my experience in real estate, this tends to make prices go up. The prices there are very reasonable as well." JVS prices will shoot up nearer to the levels of the expensive areas in the next year.

I also think Sports City will be superb but you have to buy in the main canal area. I don't think you can go wrong if you buy near the top of the Canal next to the stadiums. Sports City, as a project, will be the next Marina. Sports always brings in visitors - it will probably be the main tourist attraction in Dubai. Also, Sports city is right next to JVS, so we expect a lot of people to live there long term as well because of the location. It will also be used by athletes for months at a time who will use the world class facilities and weather to train in. In terms of events, Dubai has already signed on several events - and we will see the creation of new tournaments to be played annually in Dubai (cricket, football and rugby being the main ones).

I also like City of Arabia but would hold off from investing because of the delays and the price rises. They are still doing the main infrastructure and are well behind on this. I have spoken to some developers and they say they are ready to build but can't as the ground work and infrastructure has not been finished by the master developer.

I can provide further information and and sales options if anyone is interested.

P

papakilo

The Olympics are out for 2016 - have alook at the IOC (International Olympic Ommittee) website.
In Sports City you're really banking on 2 core drivers (as per previous posts) use from athletes training there (David Lloyds, Man City, Golfers, ICC etc) and events.

P

papakilo

In terms of JVC - i've been trying to find a villa there.

Can anyone suggest where decent villas are available in JVS and at what price range?

Please don't bombard me with generic 'call me i'm an agent' emails.
I'm looking for a 3 bed villa, with some grass around it preferably.
Papakilo

G

garbologist

I worked, indirectly, for the DSC master developer for quite a while. A major advantage is that once up, the infractural developments will protect the residential developments against new building. This means the basic layout - stadia, canals, Els golf club - will create open spaces that can be expected to stay that way. City of Arabia will probably offer the same - e.g. the dinosaur park - but the next issue is how you would reconcile the content of the two developments as a place to live. The DSC plan is set up to allow people to walk to local amenities most of the year, making it resident focused (apart from the sports venues). City of Arabia is more weighted towards being a tourist destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.