Sports city anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bryson

Hi all, I have bought in sports city the apartment block is called the elevation. Does anyone have any views or info on it as an investment?
Thank you

A

avery

Hi all, there was no developer in place when we bought in 06 the selling agent is larionovo part of profile Europe have you heard of them? They sending me a letter saying there is one in place now but don’t say who they are? larionovo are selling profile residence, bermuda views, stadium point and the elevation. any info on the developer or the selling agent or the development please.thankyou martinm..

D

dominick

I would recommend to all, be careful of unknown developers. I have been in Dubai since 1999 and I can tell you of one developer that went bust 4 weeks ago. Clients have lost $38m. It’s a sorry sight as most people place up most good faith in the developer. Regards, Dubai Mortgages
PS - Please note I am in NO way stating that this will happen with your development, just sending a word of caution.

I

imported_mirage

I'm an agent for profile they seem quite solid, and they have number of developments rather than just 1. Which basically means they are not short of a few quid.

B

Baz

Hi, I am in the process of buying in sports city, bermuda views.Through dreams homes worldwide. i think buying in sports city is a good investment. The goverment has just put in their bid for the olympics for 2020. They will find out in 2009 if they get it or not.if they are sucessfull prices within that area will jump, and continue to rise for the next 6-10 years up to the run up of the olympics.There's a lot of potential. has anyone any information on bermuda views, i was told the apartment has views overlooking the ernie ells championship golf course.

regards,
baz.

I

imported_hempig

hello all just a little note to say that i think most developments in sports city are above board due diligence is obviously required as with any purchase but do your home work and all should be fine , i have bought in stadium point and so far any queries i have had have been dealt with very well just a couple of weeks ago i called them to ask if they had any of there own images of the constuction site and was sent a load of pictures and info about it, which sounds like a developer wanting to please... any other info as always will be welcome , cant wait to be sipping a cool drink enjoying the sun and watching top class cricket from my balcony, well done profile and dsc exciting times see you all there........ hempig:)

I

imported_mpat

Hi Hempig

When does profile claim to handover your project of stadium point? mine in twin tower just at the other end of sports city has been delayed by 6 months minimum.
bye

I

imported_hempig

hi they estimate for mid next year but im sure that it will be at least 6 months later which im not worried about the earlier the better but as long as it gets done ill be happy am in for long term anyway so waiting abit longer wont make much difference just waiting for latest update to see new pics and how the whole dsc is coming along, i think there will be delays in most builds as so much going on which should be expected and as for compensation for delays it sounds like it would be more trouble than its worth .. have also bought in cape verde and that is over a year late but as long as the quality of build is there and everything is done well in the long term it would be worth while , hope yours is going well cheers hempig ....:cool:

J

Jay Jay

Re: Sports city prices.

Hi I am new to the forum and would really appreciate some details on the prices in Sports city In particular Shami Tower as I have been offered a
1 br (tower view) for 1100 per sq ft. Any advice on this offer?

I

irish_bob

i made my 1st installment on an appartment in sports city at the begining of 2006 through larionovo and have made 3 installments to the tune of nearly 100 thousand euros in the following 18 months to july 2007 and i have one installment to make upon completion , yet almost 3 yrs after i made my 1st installment , the appartment is still not built , i was speaking to a spokesperson for larionovo this week and was told it would be 2010 before it is completed , i want to warn anyone who is thinking of dealing with larionovo to stay well away , they are crooks of the highest order , the scum of the earth , they know that people in western europe should the shit hit the fan will not know where to begin as regards making some sort of legal challenge as the purchase agreements signed were based on emmirates law , they know that no one will dare make such a challenge in a country that is run by some malevolent shiek
i have more or less accepted that i was scammed and am going to loose the guts of a 100 thousand euro
run a mile

I

imported_indiainvestor98

Just wondering if you have had any luck since with your investment in Dubai. I'm part of a group of 140 irish investors who was also ripped off by Larionovo and Profile. Our investment was in India though but that hardly matters as the result was the same, paid over a lot of money and got nothing..
Profile Europe have closed their offices in London and we're currently trying to get our money back through Profile in Dubai but we're not having much luck either. Although Larionovo are gone into liquidation I've no doubt the directors Raymond Norton and Andrew Brett will appear again under some different guise so a warning to everyone watch out for them and stay well clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.