Sports City - A Look Around Sep 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lase_

You guys havn't installed the video embed tags yet I see (If you need any help with that let me know) which is a shame.

But I came across this video of what Sports City looked like in Sep 2010. A guy has a camera mounted on his dash and he takes a quick drive around :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6xJWDqoNzo]YouTube - Dubai Sports City[/ame]

Can you tell me what I'm looking at though please? (It's been 5 years since I was last in Dubai) Am I looking at a development which has been mothballed? ie, should there normally be a lot more activity with regards construction, but because of the slow down not much is happening at all? as we can see from the video.

Thanks.

Edit - Oh, it won't let me post links either. Obviously copy and paste the text to the corresponding section of URL in an existing Youtube video.... cumbersome.

S

simonee

You guys havn't installed the video embed tags yet I see (If you need any help with that let me know) which is a shame.

But I came across this video of what Sports City looked like in Sep 2010. A guy has a camera mounted on his dash and he takes a quick drive around :

Can you tell me what I'm looking at though please? (It's been 5 years since I was last in Dubai) Am I looking at a development which has been mothballed? ie, should there normally be a lot more activity with regards construction, but because of the slow down not much is happening at all? as we can see from the video.

Thanks.

Edit - Oh, it won't let me post links either. Obviously copy and paste the text to the corresponding section of URL in an existing Youtube video.... cumbersome.
Use Googles street view.

Status
Not open for further replies.