Spanish property market in disarray after Prior court ruling overturned

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damian George

It is a scary subject - you have to feel for the Prior's!

hope they get their euros back and end the nightmare

G

GeorgeBolo

a big thanks

Greetings people !
I just wanted to say a BIG THANKS to you all for making this Useful forum ! I have found what i was looking for.
Thanks!!!

R

rowlandsbb

The Priors are it seems a special case and it look as though everything is now moving in their favour...lets hope so as even if they were aware, as some say. that everything was fully legal at the ouset the whole situation has been badly handled

Must be very worrying for them as they are at the front end of the ' illegal homes situation'

The Times Bricks & Mortar has a bullish article about Spain and states that the majority of these properties will in due course be made legal
Whilst the article is mainly about Costa Del Sol the same applies to Almeria and everyone hopes that all this is resolved in 2009

Certainly buying now with the tighter regualtions is safe provided of course that you do not allow ' your heart to rule your head'!!!...one such buyer is mentioned in the Times article!!

There is another topic about a buyer of a re sale in Almeria which is a sad story but again if buying a re sale in a foreign country, then you should have it surveyed to make sure that you know all the probelms before you sign up ...just as you should do in UK

And the experts seem to be predicting that the £ will be up to 1.25 by July...now that will ben good news for a lot of ex pats !

R

rowlandsbb

I do not know why this post connects to the Spanish Forum but if by anychance you are in Almeria Spain or are going there......some great beaches and food!

I suggest you buy a silver ' Indalo Necklace'.....the local good luck charm of the area [ google Indalo for the background history]

Whilst you can get very cheap ones, the silver necklaces from jewelers start form circa 10 € upwards

You may of course be able to buy one on the internet.......but a visit to the area, between Aguilas and Mojacar, for your present, holiday or to look for a life stye property purchase will I can assure you be enjoyable....great location to chill out....even a nudist resort and beach!!

K

kyliemengis

Hello Friends!!!

I feel I might introduce my self here. My name is Kate, I'm a newbie here, someone told me that i might find some good information here so... basically that's why I'm here, and for any good advice i might get also... hope to have good time here

J

jenifferdragster

Hello everyone from a new user

I feel I might introduce my self here. My name is Kate, I'm a newbie here, someone told me that i might find some good information here so... basically that's why I'm here, and for any good advice i might get also... hope to have good time here

R

rowlandsbb

Kate
Are you looking for information to help you buy in Spain and if so what are you looking for?

D

Damian George

Hi Rob,

yes the prior case is progressing slowly and i think you are right people may look to buy if the euro exchange rate pops up to 1.3000+ and go hunting for bargain spanish property.

but i dont think the pounds to euros rate will hit 1.2500 any time soon unless of course there are further banking/housing problems in the euro zone.(although watch the baltic states - could bring us all down)

A

albuttwag

Hi everybody

A warm greeting to everybody!
Hello to all,i am a new member of this forum and hope to have a good experience here.

R

rowlandsbb

If you are interested in Spain then it is a good time to buy...lots of dicounts circa 25/30% on ready now and re sales...for something good the starting point is circa 70/80.000 € although you can get say an inland village town house for circa 50.000 €,,,,these are often distressed sales
Also the exchange rate seems to be moving upwards and some money dealers are expecting the range over the next few months to be 1.16 to 1.20, which is much better than the last period when it has been 1.02 to 1.15

S

sara_softeng

hi rowlandsbb i am sara.i wana buy some property in ierland.can you help me please in this matter?because i belong to UK so wana complete information about this.waiting for your reseponce.

R

rowlandsbb

Sara
Can not help with Ireland as I sell properties in Spain..between Alicante and Mojacar which is on the Costa Blanca, Costa Calida and Costa Almeria
Can also help with Cyprus
Some very good deals just now with discounts on new ready now circa 25/30% and re sales at great prices

Status
Not open for further replies.