Sourcing Property & Profit Margins

Discussion in 'General Property Investment Discussion' started by Ross (Northwest), Jan 24, 2018.

1. Ross (Northwest)

Ross (Northwest) New Member

I'm brand new to the property industry concentrating on buy to sell refurbishment projects. I've just completed my first project in the Preston area successfully with a healthy profit.

My question is where other than right move and traditional estate agents do people source property's? I'm a cash buyer in the 80k range before refurbishment costs

My second question is what is the average margins are developers seeing in terms of nett profit %

Best

2. diyhelp

diyhelp Active Member

While checking out the main sites such as Right Move, etc I would also check out niche property sites, developer sites and also the local press in different areas of the country. If you can also build up a relationship with your local estate agent - or online company - and they know you are a serious investors, you may be offered properties before they go on the public market. Sometimes it is not what you know but who you know :)

3. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Administrator

4. nmb

nmb Well-Known Member

What is your long term goal, buy, revamp and resell properties or a mixture of resell and rental? At some point I would suggest venturing out towards long term rental income to balance your portfolio and risk.