Sonhos do Mar

debzor

debzor

I just thought I would chip in with my "independent" experience regarding some of the minor problems mentioned by Alex V.

As John said, the shower issue is normal in Brazil and you can indeed pay varying prices. Most have a Summer and Winter setting on them and just a slight adjustment of the tap can make a big difference...eg less power = more heat.

You didn't mention the water not running away so that is a result. Generally you have to use your foot to scoop the water towards the drain.

The internet in general is poor. In the cities it is reasonable most of the time but when you get outside the cities it varies between "not very good" to c**p. My experience has been the latter, most of the time not even as fast as the "good old dialup" of the UK 10 years ago.

Just to clarify before anyone asks, I don't know John and I don't know of this resort either.
Well said, Growler!!

As a Brit living in Brazil, I have to accept that many, many things do not stack up to a 'western' idea of what we might expect to be the norm, or even a minimum standard. Many other things, however, exceed our wildest expectations - and this is why we are here!

I never moved here expecting (and certainly not wanting) to be a part of the ex-pat lager drinking, fried breakfast eating, Sun reading, karaoke obsessed, English speaking, fight mentality, football lout supporting, crowd of Brits in an enclave protected from the outside world. Perhaps this is a bit strong, and I certainly agree that we are all entitled to our opinions and lifestyles. Nor is this intended as a critiscism of anyone else's choice - just my preference.

I totally fail to see that rain coming in under your front door in a bad storm, that showers are not achieving the exact temperature expected, that the internet fails a lot and that an 'apparent' crime resulting in zero damage, zero harm and zero theft is any cause for complaint.

You are owning or renting a property in a paradise, (albeit with its clearly recognised and publicised problems),where you have chosen to be of your own free will. It is pretty clear to us outsiders that you need to wake up a little and smell the coffee. Maybe you need to start by remembering where you once were...

A

AlexV

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you debzor.

Since I'm paying condominium, and in that payment is included the private security and the electric fence, why didn't they do anything? I was there, saw it with my own eyes, the broken fence, and the broken lock. And what did the security guard do? Nothing. It's easy to blame everything on the Brazilian culture,poverty and violence. But that is why the administration got the security and fence!

John, another thing you should see is the sewage from my house appearing in the next garden. And the water treatment plant is turned off as well. Last fryday there was another attempt to fix the water coming in, and it hasn't rained yet, so...just have to see if it works. I really hope it does work.

I know that all houses have problems, expecially a new one. Given time, everything will be corrected. Just going to keep on bodering the administration to get my problems fixed :smile:

C

Chris Churchill

Reference. Sonhos do Mar.

In response to John Broads posting on the 18-08-2011 last paragarph stating that anybody owning a property at Sonhos and reguiring their plans and projects for the property could contact him and he will deliver them.

As you will see l responded to that posting the following day, it,s now 3 months on l,m still waiting for my projects.

Must say l did have a visit from IMG,s techenical guy as he emailed me that he would be bringing all projects in CD form and copies at the begining of September, when he arrived he only managed to bring a copy of the elctrical project which l must say were complied by two engineers a few days before the visit and was not even the project of my house yet another one on site , this was done by going into each house on the developement and noting where all electrical points were positioned. ( l thought houses were constructed to the project not the project done after the house was built ) After some discussions with this tech guy he told me there were NO PROJECTS FOR MY HOUSE. so he could not give them to me and from that date have not heard from him.

Just to update anybody reading this our house was broken into at Sonhos on Saturday 19th Oct 2011 many things taken, l think about the 9th breakin here, the president of the condominuim managed to arrive here on the Tuesday and was here for around 5 hours but did not even come and speak to us.

Perhaps l should make all aware the president of the condominuim happens to be the developer of Sonhos do Mar (surprise surprise)