Sonhos do Mar

J

JMBroad

We wouldn't do a rush job anyway - contractually we still have plenty of time to deliver the units so there is no reason to rush the construction other than the fact that we like to deliver what we said we would when we said we would. Unfortunately due to a couple of reasons out of our control this we will be late with some units on the development.

I have just finished sending out information to all our investors (there are only a small amount of units left to be sold at Sonhos) on the development that there will be a delay with the delivery of 10 out of the 113 units.

The 65 plots will be delivered on time and of the 48 houses, 10 will unfortunately be delivered later than agreed although we expect to deliver the remaining units well within the period allowed to us.

As mentioned we are working hard to deliver all units as soon as possible and are in constant contact with all our investors to keep them informed of what is going on. As mentioned before we constantly update the photos on our website - however here are some more from yesterday and today.

Attachments

P

peko

Banned
Sonhos do Mar is it all finished?

Just wondering what happened to this development?
I heard there was quite a bit of delay with completion and some of the on-site facilities are still not delivered as promised.
Anybody has got some info?

J

JMBroad

Hi Peko - not sure if you were a buyer on this development or not but probably not because we are in touch with every buyer. We recently hired a customer services representative who is sending out monthly reports to every owner even though the development was delivered a long time ago already.

The vast majority of the houses and plots were delivered within the contractual obligations and therefore on those houses and plots no fines were paid however some houses were delayed quite a bit more than expected in my last update on here. All the houses which were sold have now been delivered (snagging currently being done on the final house).

Although contractually the developer was obliged to pay R$ 1.100,00 per month of delay, we offered clients whose houses were delivered late R$ 1.500,00 per month as a token of appreciation for their patience and understanding. I just got back from the development about 10 minutes ago and some of the residents (who are a local Brazilian family who work in the local schools giving puppet shows with a strong moral to each story) were in the gym training their puppet show techniques for a presentation they are giving this week to a local school.

Upon delivery the developer placed the money required to furnish the leisure areas with the administration company (which is a part of the same group of companies as the developer). The administration company had some issues finding all the finishings which needed to be placed on site (for example, they have now bought three sets of gym equipment from three different suppliers and the gym still isn't fitted out and the first two suppliers are being taken to court). Numerous internet providers were contacted and consistently failed to show up, failed to deliver quotes and failed to deliver once the quotes were approved however the development does finally have wireless internet in every house as well as throughout the leisure area as part of the condominium charges.

The Ofuro (Japanese hot tub) was going to be supplied by a company who in the meantime closed down but I have been told another Ofuro has been found and ordered but has not yet delivered to the spa.

The children and adults swimming pool, the padel court, the tennis court, the football pitch, the volleyball pitch, children's playground and spa (apart from the Ofuro) have been delivered. The games room with pool table, table tennis table and table football have all been delivered and are installed. The restaurant and bar (structure, not manned) has been delivered, as have the two jacuzzi's (one indoor and one outdoor by the pool). The turkish bath and sauna are working and ready to use however to be honest due to the heat I'm not sure anyone has actually got around to using them. The massage tables are in place, curtains around each table and we've sourced a massage and beauty salon who visit the development upon request.

Resales have already been done to Brazilian families on behalf of investors so several people have already made a profit on their investment, not just a paper profit. I personally own three plots on the development - one which is 100% mine and two with an investment partner of mine. Several luxury developments are going up in the immediate surroundings (see "In Mare" by developer Cyrela and "Bosque do Coqueiral" by developer Ecomax). Of course the prices on these developments are far more expensive than on Sonhos do Mar which is not a luxury development. In Mare for example, a 55 m2 apartment is priced at almost three times the price of the Sonhos do Mar 100 m2 houses when comparing R$/m2. Plots at Bosque do Coqueiral are more than double the price of the plots at Sonhos (R$ / m2) and of course the prices at Sonhos have already increased a lot since they were first bought by investors.

The one issue we really are still battling with is that the town hall has not yet paved the road leading to the development and because of some internal political battle going on they won't let us pave it either.

All of the houses which are available to rent (some of the people who bought gave them to us to rent out, some took the rental guarantee and some live on site) are currently rented out. We were initially concerned that the road may affect rental possibility but as mentioned, all the houses we currently have available are rented out. We are still trying to be very creative and find a solution for the road which works for everyone including the local and federal authorities.

As well as the above facilities which were initially planned, we also added in mobile barbecue which wasn't planned, have built a pagoda which will be fitted out with curtains and cushions and mattresses to lounge around on and we are also fitting hammocks to several spots around the leisure area.

We had several investors from overseas who due to the financial crisis pulled out of the development which made things harder than normal with the delivery of this development compared to the developments we have delivered in Natal before however as mentioned:

a) We not only paid our fines for late delivery, we are paying 36% more than contractually obliged to pay, of our own initiative to every client who was delayed every month of the delay.

b) Every investor who ended up not being able to complete due to their own financial problems has applied for a rescission contract and these contracts are being processed so that the clients will receive 70% of their investment back in accordance with our contractual obligations. Some have already been paid, some are in process.

c) The development is delivered, people are getting rental income, rental guarantee income as promised and we are constantly and consistently striving to improve things as best we can on the development for the residents.

Hope that helps satisfy your curiosity however if not feel free to contact us (contact details on our website)

You can see photos of the delivered development here: IMG - Natal/RN, imobiliária, imóveis, empreendimentos, investimentos, negócios, compra, venda, construção civil, projetos, locação, Ponta Negra

P

peko

Banned
Yes Penelopy that is exactly the one JMBroad the moderator is responsible for.
Yes they have been awarded by OPP and AIPP but both will be notified soon so that award will not last long I guarantee.
And a lot more interesting info with pictures will follow here soon so just keep checking.

P

penelopy

Quite extrodinary that the company Group Imobiliari(IMG) built a project without the foundations in place.You can clearly see the earth falling away and the properties built on the ground with the properties sinking and several cracks appearing. I guess this companies days are now numbered going by the lawsuits against them and will be looked at very carefully.
Yes Penelopy that is exactly the one JMBroad the moderator is responsible for.
Yes they have been awarded by OPP and AIPP but both will be notified soon so that award will not last long I guarantee.
And a lot more interesting info with pictures will follow here soon so just keep checking.

P

peko

Banned
Well done Grup Natal - IMG

And look at this- what a brilliant idea this developer has come up with to fix the leaking roofs.:laugh:
Or are they trying to convert these houses into favelas? Maybe that is the idea.
Well done Grup Natal - Img.

Attachments

J

JMBroad

Sorry for taking so long to answer but as Peko knows, I'm at home bedridden and under the influence of several pain killers. Peko knows this because since buying on the development, he has had my Skype address and my personal mobile phone number to be able to contact me whenever necessary and has done so repeatedly since I fell ill.

Despite calling numerous times at ridiculously early or late hours (time zones are tricky to work out) I always took his calls and tried my best to help him.

I won't go into too many details right now because I'm under the influence of pain killers and would probably say something I'll later regret. But I will say a couple of short comments.

1) Peko knows I'm sick because he called me 48 times between the hours of 6:30 and 7:30 last Friday intentionally attempting to cause me distress. I am currently considering legal action.
2) Peko's house is not the house in the photos. His house is finished, was delivered, the town hall has signed off on the construction and approved it for living in, the snagging was done with one of his representatives and now his representative refuses to go and do the second snagging with one of our engineers. I have no idea which house this is in the photo but I will attempt to find out. This is the first time I've seen that photo. Peko has so far only paid 65% of what he owes us.
3) All of the houses at Sonhos do Mar which have been made available to us to rent out are rented by tenants, both Brazilian and international.
4) Peko came out to visit us in Brazil. We invited him to a complimentary stay in one of our finished and furnished houses, provided him with internet to use during his stay even though the supplier had not yet installed internet on the development, I personally picked him up from the airport and drove him to the development and even took him out one night and introduced him to the expat community here
5) Peko isn't using his real name on the forums whereas I am. He isn't using his real name because he knows that what he is saying are half truths and is worried about being sued for libel.
6) The days of the company are not "numbered". The company has expanded from a team of five people in 2009 to a team of over 130 in 2011. In 2009 we had 200 units under construction and 42 units in licensing, today we have 1.641 under construction and 1.464 in licensing. None of the court cases have any relevance - as you can see if you do some research, most of them are very old cases which have already been resolved. The ones which are still ongoing are (in our view) very obviously in our favor. Obviously six independent law firms from around the globe (including law firms in the UK) who HAVE done their research agree with us because they have approved the sale of other developments by us since the law suits were in place.

Unfortunately this is a case of Peko listening to third parties instead of doing his own research and fulfilling his contractual obligations. By all means, Peko, state your real name if you are so adamant that you are right about everything and legally correct in your statements.

Thanks and have a nice day - going to crawl back into bed and take some more pain killers!

J

JMBroad

Oh and as for the roof, that is simply proof that we are working to repair the items shown in the snagging. When this development was built, we subcontracted the construction. Since then we've started our own construction company which is the one now repairing the items which need repairing. This Peko would know if the person who took the photo had bothered to inform him.

Have a nice day

J

JMBroad

Not sure if you are trying to be funny or are actually being serious? I think it is quite obvious that it is a temporary situation as it started raining while we were changing the tiles. Of course it isn't being left like that. As you can see from my posts in this thread, we've always said that although the development was delivered in March 2010 some houses were delivered later and the biyers of those houses were given more than contractually obliged compensation for their patience.

Please back up what you are saying and post your real name on here otherwise I will be forced to start giving you warnings for libellous and inflamatory remarks which may result in you being banned from the forums.

Thanks and have a nice day

J

JMBroad

Very pleased with the outcome myself (and as you well know I own three plots on the development myself). As it is quite obvious that you are merely posting inflammatory remarks to try and get a rise out of me, please find enclosed your first suspension.(The first two posts got warnings to abide by the rules of the forum.

J

JMBroad

Once again - that was your last warning - your account is now banned. You were offered the opportunity on multiple occasions to post under your real name if you believed what you were saying was truthful.

As for those photos - we had a problem with one house on the development and the owner of that house has been offered compensation.

H

hopper

Banned
You can not stop me telling people the truth!!!!

This is only the tip of the iceberg.
Soon the OPP and AIPP who gave you the award will be contacted too and presented with all the evidence.
And more post will follow here soon and all over the net.
Seach engines are picking up nicelly already Sonhos do Mar.
Coming up on the top of Google.
And it will be the same with Grup Natal-IMG!!!!
Let everybody know the truth

J

JMBroad

Well the AIPP and OPP awards are based on customer testimonials and the reason we won is because out of our several hundred clients the vast majority are happy with our service.

P

peko555

Banned
Can you answer these questions?

1. Why are the plans different to the houses built?
2.Why the owners has got a cheaper house then they paid for?
3.Why all materials used on the houses are third quality or rejects?
And do not blame it on the builders as you had your engineer there present
4. Where are all the plans and projects as you would not give these to the owners?
Can you answer these?

J

JMBroad

1. They aren't
2. They haven't
3. They aren't
4. They have.

Legal action is now being taken against you, I'm very sorry that it had to come to this however I did try and reason with you for a long long time.

P

peko444

Banned
Your answers are as ridiculous as you are.
And who do you want to sue here? )))
hopper? peko? or peko 555
Legal action will be taken but against you!!

J

JMBroad

Whenever you post on the internet, you leave a digital signature. As a moderator I can see that digital signature and Peko, Peko555, Peko444 and Hopper all have the same one. That is what has been sent to the authorities and the owner of them is who will be sued. All that needs to be done is contact the Internet Provider who owns the signature and ask them who had that signature during these dates.

I have also taken legal action against the person who rang my mobile phone at the early hours of the morning last Friday after being told I was sick and on pain killers 48 times in the space of under one hour for harassment.

I really am sorry, I didn't want it to come to this and I did warn you several times to simply comply with their contractual obligations and make your final payment and arrange for someone to visit your house to do the snagging so that you could see that everything is in order. If the house had not been finished, if the house was unfit for living (as you know the town hall has issued the habitational license) or if there was a problem with the development which made it impossible for you to live in, then I would be on your side to get the money back from the owner of the company. As you know, I'm only an employee who works for a company which does the marketing for the developer of this development.

I of course can not know for sure that you are the same person who called me 48 times last Friday but I do know who that person is and I know every one of the people who bought on this development so I can be 99% sure that you are the same person. It is disappointing for me personally having spent the last two years in constant contact with the person and after all we did for him.

Have a nice day.

debzor

debzor

JMB

You will recall I suffered similar personal attacks from a person I believed was known to me, seeking some form of unjust retribution. At that time I was partially punished by another moderator who perhaps was not aware of everything.

In these circumstances (and when a thread is relatively new and irrelevant),I suggest you shut it down, and even delete the whole thing. It serves no positive purpose whatsoever.

Regards

Deb

J

JMBroad

I certainly do remember Deb. But I haven't shut it down because that would look like we have something to hide and we don't.

Cheers

John