ad

Small business centres, surely an interesting property rental option?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Up and down the UK many people are now turning towards their own businesses with self-employment numbers continuing to rise. There are a number of common difficulties in working from home which has resulted in an increase in small business centres around the country. Surely these must be an interesting long-term rental opportunity?

L

lookinginvest

In the past I have though the same as you but if you check occupancy rates I think you will be surprised - they are lower than you think. I also saw that many of those who had an office in the longer term tended to be charities and bodies which live off public funding - they need a base from which to make their claims. Not all small business centres will be the same, but be cautious and do your homework.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

A lot of them are subsidised by local authorities - although they might not tell you that until you have decided to leave. Some are non-profit making which makes me laugh - basically they make sure all of the money gets spent (or paid out) lol

F

FWL

The UK has always had a strong entrepreneurial spirit and this will likely continue with many new opportunities in light of any Brexit final decision. Quite how companies will be able to make good money from small business centres is another matter. Interesting comment:-

"It's often said that more than half of new businesses fail during the first year. According to the Small Business Association (SBA),this isn't necessarily true. The SBA states that only 30% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open, 50% during the first five years and 66% during the first 10. The SBA goes on to state that only 25% make it to 15 years or more. However, not all of these businesses need to fail. With the right planning, funding and flexibility, businesses have a better chance of succeeding. We'll go through some of the biggest mistakes that start-ups can make and figure out how to improve your chances of success."