Signs that US property market is reaching bottom

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Residential property values in the United States continued their decline in October, falling 0.3% from September, according to the latest Zillow Real Estate Market Report. However, the rate of monthly depreciation has stabilised as the housing market heads towards the bottom. On a year on year basis, the Zillow Home Value Index declined 5.1% to [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Signs that US property market is reaching bottom

A

atlantarealtor

As a real estate agent in the Atlanta area, most of our clients have been from overseas buying lower priced newer units. There is always a bidding war when we get new inventory from the banks, so while more expensive homes may continue to decline, in my opinion, the lower end homes have definitely crested.

S

Spock

As a real estate agent in the Atlanta area, most of our clients have been from overseas buying lower priced newer units. There is always a bidding war when we get new inventory from the banks, so while more expensive homes may continue to decline, in my opinion, the lower end homes have definitely crested.
By "crested" do you mean those prices have hit their peak and are on the way back down? I am beginning to consider buying entire distressed newer built out subdivisions to rent out and hold for capital gain. By owning the whole or vast majority of the subdivision I control the rental quality and maintenance and don't wind up participating in a rental ghetto.

Last edited:
A

atlantarealtor

Best time on rentals is now.

I am sorry- "crested" may be the wrong term. I think the lower end homes will continue to rise in price, as rentals are through the roof. These are perfect for investors paying cash. We have a subdivision right now with 12 town homes at $39,000. We never even put them online and we have multiple offers. My advice- get in with someone that deals with the banks directly and knows what you are looking for. Realtors like myself have access to the bank liquidation list and can see if there is anything on there that might be what you are looking for. If you get anything on the main systems online, you will get in a bidding war and pay entirely too much.

L

LVVR

Here in Las Vegas still waiting for things to bottom out and start rising again. That would be great.

M

MarcusFlorence

Rise and fall are two consequences of market .This is an alert for new investors to avoid risk factors in order to eradicate them to make higher investment in real estate market.