Signature validity court verdict ownership

P

Pheonix500

Signature validity court verdict ownership.

Can anyone explain clearly, in layman’s terms the Signature validity court verdict ownership? I ask as I have been told so many varying facts. I have been told it’s just a contract between the developer/owner and the buyer that has been verified by the court and you need other documents, permissions if you wish to sell on to another party. All very confusing.

L

LOUKIC

Hi Pheonix,

The "signature validity" is basically a law suit to validate the seller's signature on the sales contract via the court. The lawyer you have appointed via a power of attorney would need to submit your original sales contract to the court. This process takes around 4-6 months.

The purpose of the signature validity is to authenticate your sales agreement via the court, so the seller or his heirs cannot deny that a sales has taken place.

The signature validity is different from the registration of your title deed at the land registry via the Egyptian Notary.
As it is not always possible to register title deeds in Egypt and bearing in mind that registration procedures are quite lengthy, it is recommended to do the signature validity first to safeguard your interests on the property.

I hope the above helps.

P

Pheonix500

Hi there.

I need some help/advice. My Lawyer has got the signiture of validity and a POA. He has sent me copies. He says I can sell with these contracts and papers alone and I do not need anything else. However, the contract does not mention my contractual or legal responsabilitities for the hall, stairs and landing. My appartments in a apartment block. I would of thought it would be standard to mention the Hall, Stairs and Landing on any contract. I have emailed the Lawyer about this for days but have had no reply. I am looking for any advice or someone to look over the contracts.