Sigma Tower, City of Lights, Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi

N

nobbycolon

Hi

I bought an 3 bed apartment on Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi (Sigma Tower 1, Plot RT3-C11, City of Lights) back in 2008 which was originally due for completion in May 2011. Green Emirates Properties who are the sub-developer under Tamouh are now telling me that completion is likely to be at least June 2013 albeit they have kept us reasonably well informed of the these delays.

I would like to know if anyone has any details of the status of the infrastructure in the City of Lights as I understand some buildings are planned for completion this year and hence elements such as chilled water, power and drainage / sewerage systems must be nearing completion. The recent Asteco H2 2012 report stated that "There is some uncertainty on the delivery timescales of City of Lights. As at the end of 2012, 11 towers, which will provide approximately 4,500 residential units and an office tower, were at a relatively advanced construction stage. However, the development has seen limited activity over the last 18 months. For the purposes of our forecast we have assumed handover will commence at the end of 2014. Comments welcome please.

Does anyone else out there own an apartment in Sigma Tower 1 or 2, if so I would be very pleased to make contact.

Finally, has anyone out there successfully negotiated a full or partial return of deposit (I have put down a significant sum amounting to 30%) where the building / apartment / development has been significantly delayed even if in fact it is still planned for completion at a later date.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with any details!

Kind regards

Last edited: