Shutters or blinds for windows?

A

Ava Charlotte

Hey folks,
We use the curtains in our house currently. As they are very lengthy, we found it very difficult to clean the window area. We also feel like the curtains don't match the inside of our home.

Now we want to replace the existing window curtains with any other type of window treatment to enhance the house's beauty.

My parents are interested in choosing window shutters while me and my brother like window blinds. I think window blinds are the cost-efficient and most affordable window treatment option for home.
Now we are in a dilemma to choose the window treatment for our home.

Which window treatment is easily customizable? What do you feel like the better choice for us? We also matter the one which can be cleaned easily. I'm hopefully waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks!

R

realdeals

Personally I would go for window blinds. I see them as less expensive and also if you wanted to change the look of your room, you could just buy another colour of window blind.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Blinds for me as well - easier to use, easier to change and more variety of colour/style to go with your changing decor in the future.

S

Susy23

I'd go for blinders, don't like the sunlight beaming right in my face

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
If you go for shutters you would still need some sort of dressing for the windows such as lightweight curtains or voiles.

charlie-m

charlie-m

I always choose both blinds and curtains for my houses!

Depending on the style you like, you could try (moderated). They're pretty minimalist and make for easier cleaning of the window ledge/ window area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zembo

I would make it dependent on which variant suits the house better. I think it has to fit the house afterwards. If I could choose, then I would use smart window blinds. Then you can control the blinds with your smartphone or even set when they should darken the room. Depending on the position of the sun, they then darken the room.

T

tripeaks

If it was me , i will go for window blinds as it is more convenient for me and my house . Another factor is that it suits with my interior designs

D

Dora Wi

I think it depends from place to place whether people prefer shutters or blinds. I personally think shutters are better - depending on the type they might be more expensive to install, but they are easy to clean and don't disrupt the interior design. But I still use light curtains for when it's bright outside but the shutters are open, plus they are useful if your window faces the street and you don't want people to see inside.

A

Archiesam

In my opinion, blinds can last typically 4 to 5 years whereas shutters can come up to a good 20 years. Apart from this it all comes down to the style you prefer.

N

Nida Mustafa

Hello fellow forum members,

I joined the forum to try to increase my social interactions and try to gain general knowledge, and increase my information about various topics that can be done through this forum.

I think that blinds or shutters, both would work depending the kind of preferences a person have. Blinders would cut-off all the sunlight and bring darkness inside the room. So the people who don’t like sunlight might go with blinds. However, the people who want to keep some of the day light coming in their rooms and prefer to keep a calm but less dark environment should choose to go with shutters. As they don’t completely eliminate the sunlight.

B

bracknelson

I agree with you that shutters are a much more expensive buy than blinds and They cover up more window space than blinds because they are fitted to the window frame instead of in the window recess. For your better interior designing just look at this (moderated) that boosts your interior rendering.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ritanelson

Hey folks,
We use the curtains in our house currently. As they are very lengthy, we found it very difficult to clean the window area. We also feel like the curtains don't match the inside of our home.

Now we want to replace the existing window curtains with any other type of window treatment to enhance the house's beauty.

My parents are interested in choosing window shutters while me and my brother like window blinds. I think window blinds are the cost-efficient and most affordable window treatment option for home.

Which window treatment is easily customizable? What do you feel like the better choice for us? We also matter the one which can be cleaned easily. I'm hopefully waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks!
Hello Ava,
I'm happy to respond to your post here.
Window blinds can add style to your home when it is selected smartly.
Window blinds are becoming extremely popular since they are the most cost-effective window treatment option and easy to maintain. Additionally, window blinds are made up of durable materials and will remain in good shape for a long time period. Window blinds can be easily customized than window shutters.

There are a wide variety of materials that you can choose from for your window blinds.

Here are some:
1. Wood Blinds
2. Faux Wood Blinds
3. Aluminum Blinds
4. PVC and Vinyl Blinds

Whatever you select, let the professionals help in your installation process.
Thanks!

N

NathanBelcher

Ava!

Whether it's a shutters and blinds, for me they're both good. But if you want to save cash but still want a good window treatment for your home, I agree with you with the window blinds. 3 years ago I acquired them from SP Shutters Australia. They've got the cheap window blinds and I'm really satisfied with those blinds up until now.

LondonBlinds4U

LondonBlinds4U

Shutters And Blinds are great options for windows and also seems very trendy and classy .
Go for blinds for windows .
LondonBlinds4U have an amazing variety of blinds and shutters perfect for you .
Try them out: LondonBlinds4u.co.uk

C

curtainspa

Hey folks,

Thanks!
Curtain Spa is the one stop shop for all your home furnishing needs. From curtains to wallpapers, we offer everything at our establishment to make your home look pretty. We focus on offering only the highest quality products and keep in touch with the changing trends. The professionals at Curtain Spa help our customers make the right choice for their home furnishings.Our biggest strength lies in our eye for detail and innovativeness. We closely follow growing trends and keep updating our products to stay in touch with the same. We also offer curtain cleaning / laundry service.

O

OliviaGmail

Shutters and blinds are used to provide a stylish look to the rooms of the house.

C

curtainspa

Personally I would go for window blinds. I see them as less expensive and also if you wanted to change the look of your room, you could just buy another colour of window blind.
Hello,
I want to recommend If you are looking for curtains... you can visit the website curtainspa... We Have huge collection of curtains... and we have also variety of curtains, blinds, and upholstery, and wallpapers... Our branch is in Bangalore at Jayanagar.

R

RobertaDavissk

I see them as less expensive and also if you wanted to change the look of your room, you could just buy another color of window blind.