ad

Should I reduce my property to below valuation for a quick sale?

E

edineditor

Hi everyone
I have a 1-bed flat for sale in Edinburgh which I need to sell quickly in order to secure the property that my partner and I have committed to buying. The flat has been on the market for 3 weeks - which in Edinburgh terms is quite a while - and we've had surprisingly few viewing requests and no offers or notes of interest so far.
I've already switched from the popular (and usually more lucrative) "offers over" system that we have here in Scotland to a "fixed price" of the valuation. Unfortunately, this approach has generated no additional viewing requests and I'm now considering dropping the price to below the valuation.
Is this madness or a risk worth taking? My agent tells me the Edinburgh market has slowed down after a very busy period post-lockdown and that things should pick up again - but time isn't on my side!
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks
Jess

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Have you considered moving agents? I live in Scotland and from what I read Edinburgh is the busiest property market in Scotland. This prompts the questions why not even any interest?

E

edineditor

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm considering moving agents but am reluctant to pay marketing fees all over again and delaying things even further while I move from one agent to another. I've not ruled it out though! I have a friend selling a two-bed flat in Edinburgh through a different agent and she's having a similar experience, so I think there could be a genuine dip in the market at the moment unfortunately.

D

diyhelp

Unfortunately, the ongoing spat between the UK government and the devolved SNP government in Scotland is likely to worsen in the short to medium-term. There is constant friction about the extension of the furlough scheme and then we have the Scottish elections in 2021 which will no doubt bring about the spectra of independence yet again.

All in all, especially if we have a second wave of the coronavirus, this does not bode well for the Scottish property market (or the UK property market) in the short-term.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Edinburgh seems to be the front-running market in Scotland so I am a little surprised that you have not had the remotest interest in your property. While I appreciate it will be a hassle and the cost will religion, would it harm to speak to an agent to see what is going on?

D

diyhelp

Do you have an update on your situation? Did you decide to look elsewhere or has your current agent finally risen to the occasion?

E

Emma111190

Have you considered the auction route? At least with auction the process is much quicker and there is no risk of a fall through? You can set a reserve and the completion time is 28days!

(moderated. May be crafty advertising)

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I think far too many people would be looking for a "steal" at the auction to pay anywhere near the market rate. Might be wrong?

J

Jessica Harrison

Could you not consider bridging the purchase of the place you are buying and then you can repay the bridge once your place sells for full asking price? The interest and fees on a bridge will be unlikely to be more than you would lose by reducing the price and you can roll up the interest so you won't need to make any monthly repayments.

D

diyhelp

It looks as though Scotland is one step ahead of England with the coronavirus lockdown. Would a bridging loan be a little risky if the lockdown is extended and the property market effectively comes to a standstill?

N

natb

Can I ask what you did in the end? We have a 4 bedroom flat in Edinburgh on the market just now and looking to be under offer in the next couple of weeks!

D

Dora Wi

I think far too many people would be looking for a "steal" at the auction to pay anywhere near the market rate. Might be wrong?
I would have the same concerns, it sounds risky to me to sell on an auction in this case.

OP, are there any updates, have you managed to sell it since?

S

saipatil5666

Great Residential Homes In Pune At Bavdhan

Pune is the location of many of the world's largest IT parks and the headquarters of several major global firms. Homes in Pune are some of the most exquisite and reasonably priced. TCS, Infosys, Wipro, and Cognizant are just some of the city's major IT firms that call one of the city's five official IT zones home. Pune's inexpensive cost of living is attracting an increasing number of businesses. Pune's growing IT sector is good news for the city's job hunters. Many Pune-area trekking spots were inundated with visitors during the monsoon. Within a few hours' drive of Pune are some of the most beautiful hill towns and beaches in India, including Mahabaleshwar, Matheran, Lavasa, Konkan, and Ratnagiri. You can also check out the many waterfalls and forts in the area.

Residential Projects
Satyam Shrey
Located in Patil Nagar, Bavdhan, Pune, Satyam Shrey is a project developed by Satyam Group. A prestigious address, Satyam Shrey in Bavdhan, Pune, is close to the city's information technology hub as well as some of the most exclusive residential neighborhood belts in Baner, Wakad, Kothrud, etc. As the name implies, a world of luxury in terms of setting, scale, and price awaits beyond Satyam Shrey's gates. The best in architecture and design are incorporated into Satyam Shrey, which was created by architect S. B. Sangle. 1 and 2 bhk flat in Pune is available at a selling price of INR 45.6 Lacs and 65.7 Lacs respectively.

The Rivolo
Located in Bhugaon, Bavdhan, Pune, The Rivolo is a project developed by Paranjape Schemes. At The Rivolo, the upscale 3 and 4 BHK private villas are created to alter your way of living. The upscale bungalow neighborhood at The Rivolo definitely italicizes your way of living. These unique villas are surrounded by a gated community of 2,000 nature-loving people and are just a short stroll from the equestrian center and the serenity of the brook.

Athashri Valley
Located in Bhugaon, Bavdhan, Pune, Athashri Valley is a project developed by Paranjape Schemes. 1 bhk flat in Pune is available at a selling price of INR 47.3 Lacs. Residents of Athashri Valley, tucked away in Forest Trails, have access to the magnificent amenities of the integrated community. The quality of life in Athashri Valley is improved by these amenities. In addition to these gorgeous sights, it has high-end stores, a well-stocked mall, coffee shops, restaurants, a CBSE school, etc. Some of the distinctive amenities offered at Athashri Valley include The Cove, a themed recreation area with a butterfly garden, pet zoo, and tree homes, and The Cliff, an impressive 40,000-square-foot clubhouse complex.

Visit below links:

V

venuti

No, you should not reduce your property to below valuation for a quick sale. Because reducing your property's value below its appraised value could result in a loss of money in the long run.