ad

Should flipping be outlawed from UK property market?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
In times of buoyant property markets the subject of flipping is something which emerges time and time again. This is simply the action of acquiring a property, possibly making minimal improvements and then selling it on very quickly. There is no real way to tell how many flipping transactions are carried out each and every

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Continue reading...

N

nmb

Where there are pricing anomalies we will always see people looking to flip properties. At the end of the day even those looking at short-term investments add to the overall liquidity of markets which helps everybody.

K

KSH

I think flipping property is becoming harder in some areas due to the increase in new builds (but no I dont think it should be outlawed). One of the key challenges I see is addressing the question 'why would someone buy the property I have improved (even if it is too a good standard in a good area) when there is a modern new build around the corner, which may be at a similar price to my house or even have buying incentives associated with it that I cant offer?'

Does anyone else find this a challenge when taking on propertys to flip?