Short Sale, zero follow up from realtor

K

kick99

Jan 2011 I decide to short sell my home. Realtor gets an offer within several weeks and all the paperwork is submitted to BofA. Months pass and eventually they reject the short because they wanted me to contribute money. The Realtor says that he tried to convince them that I didnt have the money based upon my "situation", but they rejected anyway.

May 2011 we get a new offer and this time Realtor goes through the HAFA program. Again, all paperwork is submitted, and (from what he claims) BofA accepted the short, but now its up to the HAFA program to complete the process.

We are still waiting as of today. I've been told about half a dozen times since August that "he should be getting an answer in a few weeks" to "he should be getting an answer in a few days". He tells me that he will call me either way, but he has never followed up on calls. In fact, he said he would call on Sat as last week he was going to get an answer, never did. I called him on Monday, left message, never called back.

V

vieseng

Wow~ that realtor really having problem then . I am realtor too . But never have this happen . You may call him/ her to keep on follow up . If not dragging a lots of time !

D

dcmhomebuyers112

With more and more homeowners becoming involved in the short sale of their home, the more confusion and widespread misconceptions, not only on its details, but on the process involved. The truth being that short sales

Akron and Medina Short Sale Realtor

are one of the longest real estate transactions, which may easily eat up several weeks to several months on the average from the time of contract to closing. At heart, the only thing that is short with this process is the price expected in relation to the outstanding debt of the homeowner to the bank. Don’t let the name fool you!

For most short sale sellers and buyers, this data is common knowledge. There are actually multiple stages involved in the short sale process that may bring about more misconceptions and confusion without the guidance of a competent short sale agent. Let’s take a look at the top five short sale myths.