Sharm or Hurghada

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spacemanspiff

Hi all I am new to all this so please bear with me,
I am very interested in buying a property in Egypt so whilst there on holiday a week ago I visited the Viva Reef development with Pioneer Properties, very impressed, however, someone has informed that I should be looking in Hurghada, am now totally confused and would be grateful if anyone couold help me out. Who would be the most reputable developer in Hurghada ? Thanks

Spacemanspiff

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi and welcome.

Sharm is on a 99 yr renewable lease that isnt a problem and Hurgh is freehold. The choice is really down to the individual. We didnt like Hurghada and love Sharm. We have bought in Nabq. There are many members buying in both Sharm and Hurghada as well as El Gouna, Marsa Alam etc.

Have you seen these threads http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6928-where-have-you-bought-egypt-why.html http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/9445-viva-reef-development-nabq-sharm.html
http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/9340-anyone-bought-sharm-thinking-buying-sharm.html
http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7387-question-those-buying-property-hurghada.html
http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/8447-help-advice-where-buy-egypt.html

H

heathrow

Buy sharm or hurghada

I am very interested in buying a property in Egypt so whilst there on holiday a week ago I visited the Viva Reef development with Pioneer Properties, very impressed, however, someone has informed that I should be looking in Hurghada, am now totally confused and would be grateful if anyone couold help me out. Who would be the most reputable developer in Hurghada ? Thanks

Spacemanspiff
based on loads of research, iraida is the company to use. Hurghada without any doubt. Sharm is lovely but long term I do not know if politics could change things like a repeat of history. However Hurghada is on the mainland that so many interests can be pursued giving you a long term of exciting hobbies to pursue.ie diving, biking in the desert, archeological trips to Luxor, Cairo, Aswan etc Finally with so much interest from all parts of the globe and a very affordable place to live, its a fantastic investmant

queenie40something

queenie40something

based on loads of research, iraida is the company to use. Hurghada without any doubt. Sharm is lovely but long term I do not know if politics could change things like a repeat of history. However Hurghada is on the mainland that so many interests can be pursued giving you a long term of exciting hobbies to pursue.ie diving, biking in the desert, archeological trips to Luxor, Cairo, Aswan etc Finally with so much interest from all parts of the globe and a very affordable place to live, its a fantastic investmant
Hi - you can do all the above and more in Sharm plus you are close to places like Dahab, Mount Sinai, St Catherines Monastery, dead sea etc etc. I often fly from Sharm to Luxor / Cairo - 50 mins at £30 return. Also you need to take into account the flights from the UK. There are more flights to Sharm at cheaper prices eg I got my 2 week return flights for next month at £100 each return and Xmas leaving 16th til 28th Dec for just £180 each return.

Ref history - I assume you mean the 2005 bombings?? Security is higher than ever in Sharm and prob higher than in Hurghada. We left Gatwick on the day of the London bombings in 2005 and were flying home when the bomb went off in Sharm. At the end of the day if its gonna get you it will but politics/terrorists wont stop me travelling anywhere. It happens all over and even more so in our own country. It has happended just the once in Sharm. Look at the likes of Turkey, UK where it repeats and now the likes of Thailand.

At the end of the day you need to be sure and visit - more than once. Get out and about and see what immediate ammenities you have eg hospitals, beaches, airports, entertainment, consider costs etc as well. We had visited Egypt many times before we decided to buy. Last year alone I visited 5 times before I signed the dotted line.

Good luck in wherever you choose and keep us updated xx

T

The Smart Money

Spacemanspiff

Neither. I too was in the same position as you 4 months ago after many many hours of research into numerous locations throughout Egypt I decided to buy in Sahl Hasheesh.

My advice would be to look at Sahl Hasheesh. Ok Hurghada is cheaper and Sharm more well known but long term Sahl will see the greatest returns.

I have just returned from Egypt, I stayed in El Gouna and visited both Hurghada and Sahl Hasheesh - their is no comparison, they have a master plan for Sahl and all things been well these plans will eclipse the success seen in el gouna.

Hope this helps, If you want futher detailed info just PM me.

Regards

Steve

125mastaba

Hi

Sharm or Hurghada, you'll love one and hate the other, they're so different. You need to visit both to decide, pre-book some viewings in both resorts before you go, if you go for 2 weeks, try a week in each.

We eventually bought in Hurghada at Mastaba through redsealiving, contact Injy or Shereen who will look after everything in Hurghada for you, though a word of warning, if your having work done to your purchase, be there, don't leave anyone to supervise, it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.