Sharm Bride resort - EGP payments

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaun

oh yeah oxonains.....I would say go over, but go over for a holiday not just to the deal with this as it will make your head spin. Tell whoever is dealing with it you have a limted amount of time to deal with it and it should speed things up a bit. If you bought through sharm realestate they will take care of everything, pick you up from your hotel, take you to the apartment, take you to the furniture show rooms. everything. Don't worry, we thought we were out of the loop as well but one trip over there puts your mind at rest that things are actually happening. It seems a lot easier to do business with egyptians face to face then through emails etc as quite a lot can get lost in translation.
The hotel was lierally 10 days from opening when we were over in Jan and i'd be amazed if its not open now....the hotel is look amazing by the way.
Ive attached a pic that we took in Jan for you.

Attachments

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi not been online for a while so apologise - some owners are out at the moment - hotel still not officially opened but some guests are staying there - could be those that were promised handover and arrived and apartments not done??

S

srey

Hi,

We have 22C so we are neighbours!

Have emailed Clare and was going to use her for snagging, but think we are just about there via Sharm Real Estate (they're doing it for free).

Clare does come well recommended by other members and, bearing in mind that you are not getting response from SRE she would certainly be worth contacting. Her email: [email protected]

We have not gone ahead with furnishing yet, simply because the apartment is still not fully snagged and finished and, as you say, the resort is still incomplete, although, if you believe SRE they have sent me a mail saying that the first apartment has been rented out there?!

Anyway, we are likely to get the furniture through Clare, as I understand she will ensure that this is done quicker than the usual, Egyptian snail pace!

Keep in touch as, if things turn pear shaped, then several clients complaining are stronger than just the one.

Regards

Steve & Lin Reynolds

We bought our apartment (No 24C) in Sept 2007 and have not been back to Egypt since, but do plan to return to Sharm soon as we are now ready to order the furniture package. Would forum members advise us whether it is best to actually fly to Sharm to do this or has anyone selected a furniture package on line? We have read through the comments in the Forum and it seems that Clare's Holiday Homecare seems to be the most reliable company to undertake the snagging. Would anyone be able to give us a contact telephone number or e:mail address so that we can approach her?

A friend of ours came back from Sharm last week and informed us that the residential area of the development still looks very much like a building site and the hotel looks like it is still not open. This has made us quite nervous as we are now confused as to whether we should pay the maintenance fee. After reading the comments posted on the forum, it is obvious to us that we are very much out of touch with what is going on. Can anyone help us with what we need to do now as the Sharm Real Estate Agents have stopped making contact with us?!!

O

OXONIANS

Thanks for the advice. Did you go over to look at the apartment in person to know what snagging needed to be rectified and have you handed over the maintenance fee prior to handover? Thanks for providing us with Clare's e:mail address, much appreciated. Like you, we will attempt to get the snagging done by SRE initially.. My husband has been dealing with Irina Busina at SRE - but we haven't heard anything from her since June 09. Who is the best person to speak to?

The hotel does look lovely.

Jacqueline & Andrew

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi In2 has seen an apartment that is furnished and it looks very nice having seen the pics. He said the hotel side was buzzing so maybe it has now officially opened. We also use Clare for apartment checks, cleaning etc and have done for nearly 2 years. Good luck with all your handovers and hopefuly you will be using your homes in the sun soon x

S

srey

If you're not getting good response, then you need to go straight to the President: Tarek El Saadi : [email protected], or you could try Jo Shilan :[email protected] who is the sales consultant for us. .

SRE/Jo has done the snagging for us without us having to go over and view ourselves. If you ask and push enough, they will send you photos.

Regards

Steve& Lin Reynolds

K

Karen & Neale

Hi everyone,

Came back this Tuesday after finally staying in our furnished apartment on Sharm Bride (No. 45C). Used hotel pool and met english animation team member (Charlotte) was is lovely. She told me there were on Russian guests there at moment but they are expecting English guests in one week. Lots of work going on around and in our pool and they are saying that they will be filling at the end of this month (believe it when I see it!).

It was lovelly to meet up with Darren and his family again. Had loads to sort out with air conditioning not wired up, no point for electric cooker etc. but after a week managed to get everything sorted out.

Looking forward to going back in July now when hopefully a few more of our neighbours will be there.

Karen & Neale

Status
Not open for further replies.