'Sex on the Beach'couple jailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Investoman_uae

I want to say as a British Citizen, this is really an embarassement to my country and I really feel ashamed that these two idiots behaved the way they did.

I am glad the UAE government took the right measures to deal with them. Everyone should respect the law of the country, EVERYONE!

Inv.

D

Dubai0Guy

In the office today we were discussing weather this will have a positive or negative impact on dubai for tourism?

P

pisandre

Well, it depends if all brits fall in the category "Sex beach goers" or not :D

W

Wannaberich

There's already been huge negative press on this from the UK media claiming they were going to get banged up for 6 years.Therefore 3 months all of a sudden makes Dubai seem not so hardline maybe?
Personally,if I was him and looking to spend 3 months inside,I wouldn't have minded so much if she had been a stunner and not some old minger.

P

pista2001au

Serves the idiots well!!!
This is one of those reasons I tried to invest in Dubai because I wanted to escape the western craze and stupidity that prevails and spread around the world by Hollywood and its movies.

W

Wannaberich

Serves the idiots well!!!
This is one of those reasons I tried to invest in Dubai because I wanted to escape the western craze and stupidity that prevails and spread around the world by Hollywood and its movies.
Blimey.There's me thinking we were all investing to make some dosh.

D

Dubai0Guy

The police officer that spotted the two told them to stop. but she mouthed of at him and pushed him. So the sentence is justified.

P

pista2001au

The police officer that spotted the two told them to stop. but she mouthed of at him and pushed him. So the sentence is justified.
Try to treat the police like that in any country including the west. In that case the sentence is not only justifiable but overly leanient and they shouldn't say a thing, least of all appeal because I would only increase it for them.

Last edited:
G

G.invester

Iam happy they got jailed iam local emiraty and i hate how the british people behave in dubai.

P

pista2001au

Well, it depends if all brits fall in the category "Sex beach goers" or not :D
Of course there are exceptions but I Hope you don't feel sorry for them, do ya? As far as I'm aware sex in public isn't legal even in britain, is it? Let this be a lesson for them and the alike.

M

monsi

You should have watched the UK news coverage of this...

They still tried to paint the Dubai authorities as being unreasonable for objecting to this behavior and have focused on the fact that this couple are wanting to appeal their sentence.

I think the BBC even got an 'expert' on to explain 'etiquette' when traveling abroad.

One would have thought "try not to get drunk, have sex in a public area and then abuse the policeman who asks you to stop" shouldn't have needed a lot of explaining?

S

sgmasey

You are damn right Monsi!
Personally I would have sentenced them both to a 1 year, it was an absolutely disgraceful way to behave, especially after they were caught the first time and "let off".

Wherever you visit, or live in the world, you should always respect the local customs and laws, that should go without saying.

I'm not sure 3 months is going to be enough of a deterent, but lets hope so!

Rdgs

W

Wannaberich

It seems they didnt have sex so maybe 3 months is enough.
I agree if you move to a country you should respect their laws and ways.Here in the UK however we seem to bend over backwards for migrants rather than insisting they should follow our ways.
However,the ruler of Dubai has done much to invite the whole world to Dubai including the British.Developers also are happy to take their money.Hotels run all day drink sessions
with food at a cheap price.They encourage drunken behaviour.These two were at one of these functions the day it happened.
They know what the British can be like so in some respect they have little justification to moan.
Thats one way to look at it.Personally,I think you should respect the laws of Dubai.
One interesting point.Isnt it right that if you knock someone down with a car and kill them you pay 'blood money' and escape a prison sentence?Yet you get 3 months for assaulting a police officer.
Strange,very strange.

T

tony uk

hi
i agree lets hope it keeps out all the dodgy poeple that visit benidorm.
the british abroad are very embarassing in there socks sandals and with there beer bellies covered in tats.
we all agree that dubai is going to be huge with dubailand .
i am just concerned about who visits if the flights become cheap and acommadation like wise.
dubai has not seen anything yet if these people arrive!

G

Gashead

hi
i agree lets hope it keeps out all the dodgy poeple that visit benidorm.
the british abroad are very embarassing in there socks sandals and with there beer bellies covered in tats.
we all agree that dubai is going to be huge with dubailand .
i am just concerned about who visits if the flights become cheap and acommadation like wise.
dubai has not seen anything yet if these people arrive!
Before you start stereotyping people who visit Benidorm can I suggest you learn the English language? ;)

T

tony uk

maybe you want to complain to itv about there comedy called benidorm (do they not stereotype)
i hope you understand the type of people i am talking about, if not visit any uk town or city on a saturday night and watch the anti-social behaviour.

as for my grasp of the english language have you ever heard of a thing called dyslexia ( ps it is not a place near benidorm.)
sorry if i caused any offence.
tony

G

Gashead

LOL... dyslexia has nothing whatsoever to do with the ability to distinguish between words such as there and their.

Nice try though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.