Severe Weather in Hurghada!?

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

It was reported yesterday on an internet weather channel that there were storms in Hurghada.

1. Is this true?
2. How accurate are the reports on the interjangle?
3. Which is the best interjangle site for accurate weather reports in Hurghada?
4. Do we need to re-deccorate

Cheers all

Georgina

Georgina

It was strange weather on Monday in El Gouna (30 minutes north). Zero wind, grey sky and hot. Went out with a friend on their rib to a beautiful spot at sea where the water is turquoise green and shallow. Just enjoying the peace and a couple of Sakaras and then the wind suddenly came whistling through out of nowhere. The journey back was very bumpy! The sky looked very dark in places. Sometimes you can have a storm in the mountains or Hurghada but not somewhere very close by.

I always use Wind Guru WindGURU: Egypt - El Gouna
This is for El Gouna but they have a page for Hurghada.

Very windy again today!

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

It was strange weather on Monday in El Gouna (30 minutes north). Zero wind, grey sky and hot. Went out with a friend on their rib to a beautiful spot at sea where the water is turquoise green and shallow. Just enjoying the peace and a couple of Sakaras and then the wind suddenly came whistling through out of nowhere. The journey back was very bumpy! The sky looked very dark in places. Sometimes you can have a storm in the mountains or Hurghada but not somewhere very close by.

I always use Wind Guru WindGURU: Egypt - El Gouna
This is for El Gouna but they have a page for Hurghada.

Very windy again today!
Thanks for that. We're in Mubarak 7 so not that far away, it was quite windy whilst we were there a few weeks ago.

Georgina

Georgina

So after the kite surfers sitting around the beach for a couple of days waiting to start their competition and zero wind, Tuesday night the wind suddenly came howling from nowhere and brought the desert with it too. I have never seen such a severe sand storm here in El Gouna and so suddenly.

And yes, Wednesday was spent sweeping and dusting my apartment which was absolutely full of sand despite my attempts to insulate all my windows and doors with tape and filler. And we even had five minutes of very light rain the other morning too :cool: