Serrenia, Sahl Hasheesh

• Thread starter distant dreamer
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rossantony

todays update

Having just come out of a meeting with the new marketing team of ERC I have some updates for you. Sahl Hasheesh is now split up into 3 phases. Phase 1 we all know, that is the villa lots and old town and azzurra, PBP, the welcome Plaza, El Andalous, Pyramisa, Dishdaba..Phase 2 stretches down to Serrenia, and is now called in its entirity La Mondial, of which I posted a sketch in the earlier post. Phase 3 is all the land at the back of Sahl which goes right back to the Hurghada -Safaga Road. This whole area has now been given to 3 seperate companies who have pitched plans for its development. So there are 3 different designs. They are all grandiose in nature..some of the ideas are are Monorail an Arnold Palmer Golf Course a Millenium eye style ferris wheel, an inland lake, canal sections with inland water transport system, waterparks, aquarium centre, schools, cable car system...the list goes on.

These are all projections however, the official line is that a decision will be made in the upcoming months onto which project will be chosen.

On Serrenia they were very tight lipped. Although the new plans leave out Serrenia, marking it SP1 and SP2, it could potentially not be happening anymore, in its present state. The previous posts about Vantage not replying to phone calls or emails speaks volumes. I made the point to ERC, that in my opinion "if it's not being sold, it's not going ahead" but they would not be drawn to give an answer. However I got the feeling from them that they knew something I didn't...and it was one of either two things..Serrenia is going ahead with Vantage, but probably with a few changes incorporated..or Serrenia was going ahead, but not with Vantage but with somebody else..( I am sure that Trump is a little busy with Trump Towers Dubai for the moment to declare his interest in Sahl.. )

so whats happening? ERC are continuing to follow their master plan of selling the large lots to individual developers. They told me that Phase 1 and Phase 2 are completely sold out.

They have employed a new marketing team who are looking to develop new brochures, marketing and on site sales office for the project as a whole that will support developers, agents, and their own on site sales. Big development this one as ERC looks to follow the Orascom success model of sales support.

They now have their sales office full of the new design ideas for Phase 3.

And what is my opinion? I am now more excited than ever! The new plans look amazing but look feasible and thoughtful and not as fanciful as Serrenia. And what do these new plans mean?? If the plans and vision for Sahl Hasheesh come off, it will be one of the most amazing places in the world, and it will be bigger than Hurghada and El Gouna combined.

with the presidents visit to sahl hasheesh, a lot more clues to the serrenia area of sahl start to appear. the flags for le mondial are flying which means that the new plans are probably taking effect. this means for sure that the bottom golf course has gone and will be moved onto serrenia plot. the plan i have is preliminary and is definitely up for change im sure, but again it shows the ambition that developers have for the area. this plan encompasses all the land up to veranda. i have no idea who is behind le mondial and i am dying to know more about the future plans for sahl in general. hopefully, the new gm of the erc, richard turner may release a new master plan soon, as the one we are all working from is very old.

D

distant dreamer

Hi Ross

Great to read your post - it certainly sounds very exciting. Any idea of the overall completion dates of each phase now and the whole project?

Thanks

Penny

R

rossantony

source of article...

Hi everyone,

Just found an interesting recent article stating that work was due to start mid 2009 on the Trump Serrenia Development in Sahl Hasheesh. Not sure how true it is, but usually no smoke without fire!! If so could be very good news for investors. Here's the link
Leisure Opportunities News: Work to begin in 2009 on Trump Serrenia

Regards
Penny
The source of this article is sbi holdings (Shaheen Business & Investment) the original owners of Serrenia. The lastest article on their website concerning Serrenia was posted on 23.01.07!

As before there is no release of news from the ERC concerning Serrenia.

regards

Ross

P

propertastic

In the past week, billboards have gone up all over Sahl, many of which list all of the developers who have invested into the project.

Trump Serrenia was one of the companies listed on the billboards.

I did hear that Donald was there on Thursday. I don't have any proof that this was the case, but there was an ERC convention at the official opening of Premier Le Reve - the third hotel to open now in Sahl - so it might be possible that the rumour was true.

D

distant dreamer

In the past week, billboards have gone up all over Sahl, many of which list all of the developers who have invested into the project.

Trump Serrenia was one of the companies listed on the billboards.

I did hear that Donald was there on Thursday. I don't have any proof that this was the case, but there was an ERC convention at the official opening of Premier Le Reve - the third hotel to open now in Sahl - so it might be possible that the rumour was true.
Thats great news! Certainly reconfirms what Richard Turner, Chief Executive Officer of ERC told us at the meeting in London earlier this year. Lets hope work starts soon!

C

Cappy

Please keep the up to date postings coming. Sahl Hasheesh is going to be a lot bigger than i first foresee looking at the links you guys have given and its nice to see someone getting some sort of info about whats going on regarding Sahl Hasheesh. still looks as though it will be spectacular!

M

madeitup

does anyone know what happened to Serenia? Is it proceeding? We can not get in touch with any of the people who were involved in this development.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
It is now advertised widely in Sahl Hasheesh as Trump Serrenia; I will try to get more updated information for you.

M

madeitup

thank you that would be great. I look forward to being able to recontact someone about sales there.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

I have already written to the Chairman of ERC so I will contact you as soon as I have a response.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Trump Serrenia

It is now advertised widely in Sahl Hasheesh as Trump Serrenia; I will try to get more updated information for you.
I spoke with ERC today; Serrenia forms part of the Masterplan for Sahl Hasheesh and, as such, will be completed even if the advertised Developers change. No information has yet been released on Developers selling property their but agents like ourselves have been asked to keep a 'first come first served' record of interested parties and we will be amongst the first to receive details as soon as they become available.

If you wish to register for more information please send your full name, address and contact details and you will be the first to be advised.

M

madeitup

Hi and thanks for your posts. I have tried to add you to my skype contacts so we can continue this discussion.

R

rossantony

what about serrenia buyers from Vantage?

I wonder what serrenia buyers feel about the situation? I have been contacted by customers who placed large sums of money against property on Serrenia, only to see their funds dissapear. Serrenia agents Vantage seem to have dissapeared with the cash, owing customers, and architects like Lord norman Foster millions.

What does ERC have to say about that?

Why has Trump Serrenia or ERC not commented on this fact?

kind regards

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Sahl Hasheesh Marina?

I spoke with ERC today; Serrenia forms part of the Masterplan for Sahl Hasheesh and, as such, will be completed even if the advertised Developers change. No information has yet been released on Developers selling property their but agents like ourselves have been asked to keep a 'first come first served' record of interested parties and we will be amongst the first to receive details as soon as they become available.

If you wish to register for more information please send your full name, address and contact details and you will be the first to be advised.
Now that Orascom are part owners of Sahl Hasheesh and have been confirmed as the constructors of the Marina I am hoping we will see some activity soon. Anyone have any more updates?

C

CMChris

Well I hope whoever builds changes the plans from what was originally planned. Those new age buildings would look horrific in such a beautiful place and thoroughly ruin the whole of SH. So far all the buildings have been designed well to blend with the ambience of the region. Serrenia as was planned would have been a blight.

D

distant dreamer

I heard from someone out there recently that the original plans for "Serrenia" had been totally scrapped. I'm hoping Orascom will build something more in keeping - something like the marina in El Gouna would be lovely. I did email ERC to see if I could find out more, but they're not giving any clues at this stage!

Regards

Penny

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Sahl Hasheesh Marina

Well I hope whoever builds changes the plans from what was originally planned. Those new age buildings would look horrific in such a beautiful place and thoroughly ruin the whole of SH. So far all the buildings have been designed well to blend with the ambience of the region. Serrenia as was planned would have been a blight.
You are right, Serrenia would have been more at home in Dubai! Hard to see how they could have even built it without blighting the landscape with ugly tower cranes, which thankfully we do not have in Sahl.

Status
Not open for further replies.