Selling Timeshare Overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tandyh

I'd like to sell a timeshare I've had for years, but as everyone knows the US market is rough. Has anyone had better luck overseas with this sort of thing? How are timeshares received in Europe and elsewhere? Is it as much of a buyer's market still?

E

Ericten

I’m pretty confident that timeshares are more or less a bust all around, it’s not really a buyer’s OR a seller’s market, if you wanna know the truth. Pretty much a lose/lose. The problem with reselling as you’re doing is that anyone dumb enough to actually take on the burden of one of these monstrosities is bound to get roped in by the high-pressure sales tactics of Marriot, Disney, etc. Anyone smart enough to take advance of resale prices is probably smart enough to not take advantage of a timeshare, PERIOD (since there ISN’T much of an advantage). Today’s timeshare sellers are between a rock and a hard place – their options are A) keep the timeshare and lose money, B) pay a company like Timeshare Relief to relieve them of the timeshare or C) get lucky reselling to a VERY small community and still lose probably 2/3 of what they paid. I know this isn’t what you want to hear but so few people are willing to talk about the truth here. Your best bet is obviously the last two options, and try marketing to the slick timeshare owners first, since you never know. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

P

paul-steve

Very true in fact I've bought one recently on ebay for £55 luckily i've just sold it on again at a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.