selling sydney property from overseas

Discussion in 'Australia Property' started by birt, Feb 9, 2012.

  1. birt

    birt New Member


    I want to sell my Sydney property but I cannot return to Australia, I live in the UK.

    My question is how do I know which solicitor to use? I have contacted some solicitors in Sydney who can do everything on my behalf but how can I trust them?

    The agent I will use to sell my property I cannot trust, they are a bunch of cowboys but I must use this agent to sell. How then do I know that the solicitor I use wont just gang up with the agent selling the property and take all the cash from the sale and disappear?

    please any advice would be much appreciated.

    P.S. I cannot change to another agent to sell.
  2. Ruby Reports

    Ruby Reports New Member

    Solicitors in Australia and bound by strict regulations and laws so you should not have any difficulty with then acting on your behalf. There is very little corruption in Australia, and therefore when you engage any professional to act before you, you are very unlikely to have any issues. Also, Real Estate agents are also bound by law, and all money is held in audited trust accounts so the likelyhood of your scenario happening is very unlikely.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
  3. mcgrandles

    mcgrandles New Member

    cowboys are for the wild wild west no cowboys in australia unless you go to the pub and find a drunk agent to sell your property for cash in hand
  4. mattio

    mattio New Member

    What cowboys are you talking about? All Real Estate Agents are bound by law and it is very unlikely any of Australian agents will just dissapear with your cash. Just do some online research and find the agent that plenty of people recommend.

Share This Page