ad

Selling real estate on eBay

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
While you can sell anything on eBay, services, products, etc, selling real estate on eBay can be risky and a challenge for buyers, sellers and realtors. When you also bear in mind we are talking about significant amounts of money there are few people who would take on such a transaction without some form of guarantee and testimonials.

The truth is that while we have to pay realtors to bring together buyers and sellers, their experience can be priceless. Would you ever risk buying or selling a property on eBay?

J

John Ma

I dont think I would ever sell something as valuable as a property on ebay. I mean sure ebay is just another platform of selling things but without the right resources you could see yourself wasting time. The convenience of a estate agent is what makes it worth paying for.

J

jakson

There are now over 4000 real estate properties sold on eBay every month and thousands more are listed using commercial ad format. So i think, ebay is a best platform for selling home. Ebay provides a lots of functionality that is clearly adaptable to the needs of most realtors. It provides a widespread medium of commercial for the actual estate.

G

georgestanley032

I don't think that would be a good idea. Selling a property at eBay has its advantages but I believe the risks far outweigh them. It's better to have your own blog when advertising properties.

F

frasermeridies

I am also agree with John that e-bay is best platform of buy & selling properties. But i think without see property site, buy property is not good idea. So, find best property on e-bay then visit at property site, then purchase. Anyways i never buy or sell property on e-bay so i have no more experiences of e-bay. :)

A

AshleyJohnson

Banned
Montgomery AL property

Selling a product in ebay is a good idea.

R

raceryzf

If you wish to market your home beyond just your local area, then you need to post it on eBay real estate. Unlike any other sales channel, eBay exposes your properties to 147 million potential regional, national and international buyers.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
If you wish to market your home beyond just your local area, then you need to post it on eBay real estate. Unlike any other sales channel, eBay exposes your properties to 147 million potential regional, national and international buyers.
I think like any sales channel ebay is worth exploring. Use common sense and don't buy something as large as a property without doing the usual legal checks and visiting the site where possible (or have someone or a trusted agent do that for you!).

I agree selling property now on eBay gives good exposure but I'd advise to use it as a marketing channel (rather than full sales platform) and then transact outside of ebay using a good lawyer (within eBay rules of course)

P

PoojaM

I think today we have enough of options to buy property. There are magicbricks, Mahalaxmi Group or such others. Mahaluxmi Group has become a name of reckon with in the real estate market of Delhi/NCR & Rajasthan.
I buy 100 Sq yd plot at Shree khatu yam kuteer with easiest monthly installment of Rs. 3000 only.

J

jyoti_singh

Although there is a little risk involved but if the customer does proper research and is aware of the current market conditions then he/she can definitely go for buying properties online.

M

michaelallion

yeah, it can be risky for buyers and sellers to sell or buy their property, because there are so many circumstances to face this inconvenience. So if you really want to buy or sell your property online then check each and every details in depth.