Self build in Portugal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flipper

HI

First post here!

I am a construction lecturer in the UK and am looking into the possibility of self build in Portugal: I have done some research which indicates a couple of points:

1) Any construction taking place must be carried out by a Portugese building company
2) The company must be registered within the locality that the construction will take place in

My question is this: is it possible for a UK builder who will be based in Portugal to meet the required criteria?

Exactly what will I need to do in order to be able to self build in Portugal - in fact I am thinking about multiple projects so a degree of bureaucracy doesn't particularly faze me!

Any help appreciated.

Flipper.

R

rogil

Land In Portugal

Hi Flipper

I am a private individual and I am the owner of some land in the Algarve, Portugal, suitable to build a number of properties.

If you are interested in talking to me let me know.

Thanks a lot.

F

flipper

HI

101 views and no response!

Well I know that to build in Portugal you need an 'Alvara' which is issued annualy by IMOPPI, so my question is: how would an EU resident go about obtaining an 'Alvara'?

Anyone?

Flipper.

S

Stefan

Hi Flipper
Start to go to CFE, get yourself a translator (If you do not have a lawyer already?). CFE is in Loule and it is where you register a company. You will get all the information there.
Next step is to find a profitable project and that is the tricky part.

Goog Luck

S

Stefan

...forgot to answer, yes it is possible and above everything, get yourself a good Lawyer who have experiences in this, that will save you time and money (ask for references and check them up).

omostra06

omostra06

it could be difficult to get an alvara, if you dont have Portuguese qualifications and dont speak Portuguese, best bet is talk to inci, they issue the license.
if you are looking at doing a development then why not just work with a licensed Portuguese builder, you will probably need some people on site anyway, so save yourself the hassle, just pick a good partner to do the development with.

F

f_ribeiro

Hello Flipper

As an architect, this are the answers I can give you.

2) The company must be registered within the locality that the construction will take place in
This is wrong. You only need the alvará. You can build in any part of the country.

The alvará can be obtained by any person/company as long as it has a minimum of equipment and personel.
According to the type of professionals you have (engineers, architects, etc) in your company, the higher the value of the constructions you can built.

The institution that issues the Alvarás is the INCI.

To deal with all the bureocracy you should contact a lawyer or a solicitor, who can handle this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.